• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs - Do you keep your environment clutter free?

Do you keep your environment clutter free? INFPs only

• Yes, I'm constantly getting rid of the clutter, and keeping it under control.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • No, the clutter piles up, and I sort through it when I get inspired.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I'm not an INFP, but I wanted to vote, too.

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I'm feeling weak :cry: ... I thought I was a rat pack, but I see now that I have barely started walking on the road to true rat-pack-ness :cry: :cry: !

Mind you, I don't think there is ANYTHING in the ENTIRE world that I could do or give to my husband that would be enough to get him to furnish my computer with a 1.25TB hard drive :rolli: :D

Bah.. it's not that bad is it? :/

About 5000 of those files are mp3's, same with about 500 of the folders.. I used to have close to 80,000 mp3's on my PC, but my hard drive they were all on suffered a fatal crash about a year ago.

My 1.25TB is 2 x 500GB and 1 x 250GB, tho I think my 250GB drive is on its way out, so it'll be replaced soon with another 500GB.

And yeah, I don't think you'd be able to convince him either.. tho that largely has to do with the fact the largest hard drive atm is 1TB :p Joking aside, whats stopping you from giving yourself 1.25TB of space? I'm not sure what the prices are like where you are, but here I can get 1.5TB's worth of space for about $335cdn($114 per 500GB). As for installing a hard drive in a PC, it's no where near as difficult as people think, takes about 5-10mins to do.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Mind you, I don't think there is ANYTHING in the ENTIRE world that I could do or give to my husband that would be enough to get him to furnish my computer with a 1.25TB hard drive :rolli: :D

1 x French Maid's outfit
1 x feather-duster
0 x lovin

Trust me.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Bah.. it's not that bad is it? :/
No, no, not at all *pats Ender's head* :D

About 5000 of those files are mp3's, same with about 500 of the folders.. I used to have close to 80,000 mp3's on my PC,
OK, *that* is understandable :cool:

but my hard drive they were all on suffered a fatal crash about a year ago.
As I said in another thread, I strongly suspect that my husband does something to my drives so they crash as soon as a certain space is occupied. How else do you explain that so far 2 (or was it 3?) of my drives have fatally crashed in 3 years, while his never do :devil: !?

And yeah, I don't think you'd be able to convince him either.. tho that largely has to do with the fact the largest hard drive atm is 1TB :p
Hah :laugh: Hum :blush:

Joking aside, whats stopping you from giving yourself 1.25TB of space? ... As for installing a hard drive in a PC, it's no where near as difficult as people think, takes about 5-10mins to do.
It's not the price or the difficulty: it's the fact that my husband is the one officially in charge of our computers. Pretty much everything else in the house I can mess up with as much as I want, but trying to mess with my own computer would probably create a breach in the space-time continuum at the least :smile:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
1 x French Maid's outfit
1 x feather-duster
0 x lovin

Trust me.
Nope, even that was included in the "anything" :smile: I mean, I haven't tried obviously, but I don't think that even *that* would be enough :D

Not to mention that it would be pointless as long as I can't figure out what kind of bad mojo he's doing to my drives to make them crash :steam:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Nope, even that was included in the "anything" :smile: I mean, I haven't tried obviously, but I don't think that even *that* would be enough :D

That's a pretty huge stone to leave unturned.

(I'm wearing my skeptical face, since you can't see it)

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
*laughing* You just haven't found the "thing" that will work for him yet!

Not to mention that it would be pointless as long as I can't figure out what kind of bad mojo he's doing to my drives to make them crash :steam:
I had a similar problem years back, and it ended up that I
1) didn't have enough memory
2) didn't defrag enough for the amount of mp3s and videos that I downloaded
2) had a virus

Once I got that virus out, and I upgraded my memory, and scheduled my defrags to once a week, everything was cool beans!

Ender, I applaud you...! I personally know 2 other people who are as picky about their computer process on filing with folders as you on their computer... one of them is ME! :smile:

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
BTW, Welcome, Ender! :hi:

Tera. 1 TB is 1 Terabyte, which is 1000 Gigabytes (1000 GB) or 1 million Megabytes (1 000 000 MB).

(For some reason I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong in that sentence... :huh: )

Only thing wrong with that is probably the same old Operating System reported size vs Hard Drive manufactures reported size spiel that confuses most people really.

As far as OS's are concern 1MB is 1024Bytes.

HDD manufactures on the other hand say that 1MB is 1000Bytes.

So when you buy a 1TB drive and install it, your OS will tell you its a 976.6GB drive.

Wikipedia is going by the Manufactures sizing philosophy.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
That picture with the books piled next to the bed made me feel at home. There is something so immensely comforting about books in scattered piles on the floor. One time I had my entire bedroom floor covered in books. Its the perfect representation of my mind.

Garivande

MBTI Type
INTP
I've discovered that the only way to minimize the cycle is to minimize all my possessions. A few moves in rapid succession helped with this. The first move got rid of obvious junk. The second move got rid of subtle junk. The third move got rid of non-junk that I didn't use that much. The fourth move got rid of all non-book non-essentials. The breakthrough came for me when I identified as junk all possessions which I used to define who I want to be as opposed to who I actually am.

Brilliant! I'll really try to use that technique! I'm a cronical clutter, too. Although I actually find it easier and easier to get rid of things. I also detest things that are purely decoration and has no practical use - they (if present) add to the clutter without adding any value (in my view). The only decoration items I like (and actually collect) are lanterns...

I sometimes see articles of other peoples homes, and am amazed by the amount of decorations found there (pots, vases, pictures, pillows, table cloths etc). I can't use any of these things - they would soon just drown in clutter and the "decoration effect" is totally counter-effective. Sure, I try to put up photos of my family and ancestors (at least I don't clutter the walls as I do any horizontal surface!), but it often just stays on the planning stage (or perhaps being halfway framed lying in my closet or elsewhere).

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am not cluttered. I don't have a problem throwing out most things, although i do have a few things that i just won't get rid of. It was hard for me to get rid of the baby clothes that my son just grew out of. However i am EXTREMELY messy.

For example when coming home from the store or somewhere: I walk in the door, toss my keys in one direction, take off my jacket and toss it over the couch. I take my pants off and leave them where i took them off, they might even stay there for days. My room is covered in clothes that i tried on, but was too lazy to hang back up. If you look in my living room right now the scrabble game that i played 2 weeks ago is still on the table, because i don't feel like putting it away. There is a bra hanging off the couch and all my shoes that usually belong in the closet are all piled up by the door.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Brilliant! I'll really try to use that technique! I'm a cronical clutter, too. Although I actually find it easier and easier to get rid of things. I also detest things that are purely decoration and has no practical use - they (if present) add to the clutter without adding any value (in my view). The only decoration items I like (and actually collect) are lanterns...

I sometimes see articles of other peoples homes, and am amazed by the amount of decorations found there (pots, vases, pictures, pillows, table cloths etc). I can't use any of these things - they would soon just drown in clutter and the "decoration effect" is totally counter-effective. Sure, I try to put up photos of my family and ancestors (at least I don't clutter the walls as I do any horizontal surface!), but it often just stays on the planning stage (or perhaps being halfway framed lying in my closet or elsewhere).
Welcome to MBTIc. :hi: We have a welcome forum where we'd love to get to know you better. Just start a thread and tell us a little about yourself! :)

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/welcomes-introduction/

Conill

MBTI Type
INFP
Hahaha no wai :'D

My room is very cluttered most of the time with books, lots of notebooks, clothes etc. and I don't really notice~
And the cats (they are really elephants) like to play with what ever I have on the floor :rolli:

Sometimes I think 'ha, I'll put everything in the right places and clean up', but of course it's not that easy :D
I'll start somewhere, there's stuff I don't have a place right now so I'll just put it there with the other stuff. Eventually I get the one place in order, with more piles in other places. At this point I'm bored or tired and go do something else, and my room is not so much less cluttered :whistling:

DeannaBelle

MBTI Type
iNfP
I hate the mess I live in. My husband was an INTJ/INTP when we were first dating. Somewhere along the way, he's lost the J.... I think he only had it to begin with because ALL of his family are "J"s, so he knew no other way to operate. He's was really clsoe on that one to begin with.

Oh, my point is that I can relate to him better now, but I misss the J to help me make decisions. I need help making a decision/convincing to throw stuff away. I want to, but I have trouble deciding. he's also kind of a packrat. Ugh! I have it. I am too perfectionistic to clean. I start in the kitchen, but then I end up rearranging drawers and stuff rather than doiong the dishes. I am a mess :( lol