• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Radical Evil in human nature?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At this point, the concept of "evil" is a hypothesis to me because the assumptions on which it is based cannot be proven with certainty. The concept of evil requires the assumption of free will so that the person has determined their own course, and an objective standard of goodness to which people ought to ascribe. I am not ignorant of the extremes to which cruelty and destructive mentalities can reach. Cruelty cannot be justified, but there are at least some cause and effect connections that can be made based on environment and genetics. These cannot account for everything at least based on current understanding, so it also seems a theory that these factors explain the full extent of cruelty. When you view human beings as a species of animals and note examples of cruelty and kindness amongst other species, then the assumption is that everything is based on cause-and-effect. It requires many more unfounded assumptions to approach it otherwise. There is one hopeful aspect to the cause-and-effect theory for cruelty because there are ways of addressing social issues that could influence the outcome. The idea of "radical evil" can't really be controlled because it is up to the individual and this outside standard of goodness over which there is no way to influence. There is no cause-and-effect, it just exists. This intangible approach offers cruelty more power.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Dearest NFs?

How do you go about convincing yourselves that it is not really there?

Humans have a tendency to do both "good" and "evil" things. If we didn't we'd be incomplete. The only thing I'd kill off is the words "good" and "evil", because they are superficial labels and generalisations that ignore the context. They don't really provide any useful information regarding the problem, or solution.

p.s. Often when I call something evil, others seem to take it more literally than I would. There's a warped humour in it. It normally just means that inanimate object or abstract noun annoys me, or it feels like it is secretly plotting against me. ie. Time is evil. Red lights are evil. etc. I never use it in the definite absolute sense.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How does one define "radical evil"?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Dearest NFs?

I don't convince myself on that kind of thing.
There is evilness in people.
Some people just seem to be born that way or something.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I am gradually becomming evil. The worse the world treats me, the more inhuman I become.

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
If you are a nihilist, how does evil exist? Wouldn't ethics be relative? With any act holding the same intrinsic moral value?

In the case of the nihilist, that being no value (good or evil)?

Also if there is evil, then good must exist, else where are you pulling the definition for evil from (which needs a contrast)?

Since you seemed to have defined radical evil as instinctual, lets define radical good.

Radical good would be 1) an act done out of free will 2) an act where the consequences are known 3) self sacrificing 4) one that will seek to benefit someone struggling in a dire situation (Taking a bullet for someone, putting your life at risk, fighting for bigger causes than yourself, whether you (the OP) believe the causes real or not).

If self preservation is a natural human instinct (or radical evil as you define it), acts of good that reduce ones self preservation in foreknowledge are unnatural, if it isn't instinctual/natural, then the act would be based solely on good will.

Your thoughts?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Dearest NFs?

why would you go about convincing yourself that NFs convince themselves that "Radical evil" or whatever is apparent in humanity?

lol (half) kidding

of course there is radical evil or whatever. from societies standpoint, that is.

47Alpha

Good gone to Bad / Light to Dark

To pretend to be completely oblivious to any potential "evil" in people is probably unwise and naive. Everyone has an equal potential at birth to be either "evil" or "good," people lean more towards one side or the other throughout their lives. I think that the "radically evil" people in the world are really people with good intentions, but horrible ways of implementing those intentions....or simply insane...

That's Something I see all to often. Negative in too heavy a dose hitting some GOOD but WEAK in spirit persons. Or people with pre-existing Disorders they'd already tackled and put away come back. I have seen almost overnight people go to the Dark. and just give up. Easier to be mean and cruel. Protect yourself that way. They can come back. Some I think will and others won't. It helps a lot if there's someone here waiting for them still.

This happens in Disorders with Layering from a predisposed Narcissism, Paranoia, and/or Sadism as three major factors. Some are weaker. I always seem to survive. I almost did not survive the last trial with a Personality Disorder myself. My most dreaded Nightmare. To frightening and the small amount I had layered on me from an event actuaally is not bad or evil but it is not me. It is more distinct Morality.

Loquacious Morale' in TLE Personality Attribute
It can become alive if I allow via
TLE Aura of Deja Vu'
[ which shows to me previously stored SIGHT not yet recalled. Per another I found on the web , for myself this is Deja Vu' definition. not my usual thing. Intuition based with Science based ADD-I Hyperfocus Problem Solver Mech. controlling TLE's Hypergraphia ]

Seizure and Epiphanies with
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and my Demeanor Naturally is in pursuit of Justice

I have at time used all of the above for truth. I find it. So I run into Good people that are damaged and bitter. treating their own bodies badly and their souls. On the the fence and not Evil. Then a predisposed Genetic Disorder or Personality Disorder, or just a Layering of heavy Narcissism makes them cruel and uncaring.

It's always something that happens in the world that pushes them over the brink and right now there is not enough Love being spread and passed on. It won't win but Evil is gaining right now and people are scared. The fear helps Evil grow and people give up easier. Maybe a little to side of Topic but this is not good at all. most are not even seeing what's occur right in front of us all.

I''ll be bring it up. I am new and plan to stay. Have to finish my test. !!

I am very high empathy but strong and taught myself what needed to bebe learned about adapting my normal personality to my tasks at hand and purpose in the future. Empathy where it is deserved. Strong Intelligent Empathy. Not Little Red Riding Hood skipping through the forest handing over Empathy to any Wolf Cub licking her on the path. That is hard for my type and only experience of innocence being harmed by Evil and intelligence makes me be what I need to be to want to protect Innocence in the same way that Evil would Harm Innocence.

That's one of my traits. In terms of protection of myself, loved ones , or innocence of a stranger ... attack back at Evil with Evil Traits and God will always win. Evil does not expect us to do that.

Sorry if I make it sound like there's a Battle. The foundations for it are already all around us and only 3% have Cognizance of Truth right now. growing but not fast enough.

Complacency is dug in. Your Neighbor can take care of him self type attitude. Breeds an atmosphere where over night or six days...good people become Bad. there are too many on the Fence and brink of the dark right now.

Now!
Point Me If you would please to where the Sermon's are Posted ! And I'll copy and paste.

I am quite serious about every word. I have followed this too long and it is always strong every season, very slowly. Destiny is not set for as bad as it can get on the road. Chances are that nobody will listen till they can hear. But twice or three times a year I try somewhere to leave the message like a Knife Scratch in a Tree.

This won't make sense to you, or you can go ahead and say Nutty. It doesn't bother me. I am doing something that I learned I Can Do. I'm breaking the rules and cheating! I'm giving the message four years early. Spread Love and look around you. Open you eyes to the detail. Try and imagine additional Context for 3D items right in front of you. People are suffering from a blindness right of Cognition.

They are not finding the wisdom at the needed rate to have a minimal amount of the population Grasp Context for normal things as additionally more and part of something bigger. A minimal amount of people that are good need to grasp Context and gain Cognition so they understand the Ships coming in at the Docks filling Society.

Anybody into Riddles and Games I am not particularly but it seems to be the only to trick intelligent persons, whom do not live with my Nature's Ways, to look at the The Future. Nobody's talking about it. And it's so obvious.

So I am breaking the rules and I am resilient enough to withstand the repercussions. I am inventive. I broke the rules before I knew the rules. The difference then was was I did not understand the method that I should then maybe run from the crowd.

There are some people that are good with a hidden hibernating layer of hatred in them that can be awakened to ATTACK the messenger. They are hidden weapons. Good people used with out their knowledge. This occurs in MASS HYSTERIA.

This is and will be EVIL'S weapon first used and as often as possible. If I awaken some of The Layers of hatred Early before messages come... the good persons will be healed in four years and less attacks on messengers.

The weapon against Mass Hysteria is Love, Listen, Eye Contact and Answer. Education. Listen and read. Eye Contact and Do Not Stereotype or Abandon Your loved ones no matter what.

Do Not Abandon Them and The mass Hysteria will Fizzle out. Don't support each other in small groups of Falsehoods with no fact. Don't let Narcissism, Greed, Guilt from those that should feel Guilt but don't, Sadism, Glutony, or even more insidious is The Laziness of of the Couch Potato Narcissist.

That behavior alone allows other things to flourish. Four years head start to thirty three percent. And four people will read this with absolutely no context for me or the message and move on to what they were doing and at some maybe act their role tiny or large in Mass Hysteria.

When you see it, if you realize.... run to the Center of the Mass and pull out that person or family. Because they will also have Sight and are good and will be needed someday. Aside from the fact that the Mas of people you pass are ALL ENTIRELY INCORRECT in Assumptions as they ignore what the Innocents tell them!

:peepwall::peepwall:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/smiliesimport/peepwall.gif

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Goodness me, I can't even read a single word from this thread, especially the OP!

R

Riva

Dearest NFs?

Humans are possessive by nature. Ever since we are small we are trained and taught to see, like, take, and protect and fight for it if we have to.

Values like share and give comes only with maturity. It is a developed function, not a natural one.

G

Ginkgo

Goodness me, I can't even read a single word from this thread, especially the OP!

Human beings can be like computer programs that process defecation. Shit in, shit out. Shit in, shit out. You should know that sometimes an unsound premise can lead to a sound conclusion; but then you have to do away with the original premise because they're not cogent together. Now the conclusion has become a new premise. Have fun, and try not to build your house with anymore bullshit mortar. It makes the neighborhood look bad, and stink to boot! :hi:

Ti language makes me want to regurgitate my worldview. :( Would you happen to be a stewardess? Do you has a baggy?

I demand you reciprocate by attempting to speak Fi language. Use an emoticon, or tell me you like puppies, damnit!

As far as I can tell, Ti motivates a person to build off of a hypothetical principle and create more principles in a logical fashion. It doesn't have to be proven in exercise the same way Te logic does.

Fi motivates a person to build off of the gestalt of a value and create more values in congruence. These values don't have to be vocalized in exercise the same way Fe values do.

You can do it! I believe in you! :)