• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ-ENFJ Relationship?

lady946

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am in a relationship with another ENFJ. I have had two other relationships, both with ENTPs. I find this relationship to have more of a "best friend" quality, but at times I worry that we could be too similar. Any thoughts?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my perspective - similar = stronger bond, because similarities solidify your relationship. Personally I think that if you both want to make it work you will, because relationships are commitments made by two people to work through rough patches etc.

So in reality - it's up to you. MBTI won't dictate on that type of individual level.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
If you two didn't have the MBTI test results, would you still be worried? If not, it might be that the insecurities have come from reading too much into type dynamics. If the fears come from lack of romantic/loving/passionate feelings in general, then you might wanna keep an eye on that. As long as you both feel happy with one another, and there's a romantic connection, don't worry.

I don't know any ENFJs so I have nothing to add there, but if it helps, I am currently in a very happy INFP/INFP relationship of 7 years, and it might be that, like we have, you find things about your partner that are wonderful, but are not seemingly present in your own personality...just because you are the same type, it does not at all mean you have to turn out to be that similar after getting to know each other more intimately.

Good luck and kind regards.

FalseHeartDothKnow

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it might be kinda nice to be in an ENFJ ENFJ relationship :) but it might be really intense too...I dunno.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
As long as you have your own interests I don't see what it matters. Over time it's people's similarities that grow people closer together.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think an ENFJ/ENFJ relationship would be fabulous. Two people of this type would be mutually encouraging and affirming and would bring out the best in each other. Plus, the flirting would be fabulous!

Lynsellabella

MBTI Type
ENFJ
you're so luck #wishiknewanENFJmale .. we'd probably never be able to stop talking though and die of starvation whilst philosophising err... everything..

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, and've never seen one. But the idea scares me as hell.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
There is a MBTI book about couple pairings, the book is titled Just Your Type. Of every relationship pairing I've read of in that book, ENFJ-ENFJ was probably the most glowing description. In this case, instead of description maybe I should say "glowing endorsement." They also went on and on and on about how great ENFP-ENFJ and ENFJ-INFJ pairings are.

I forget where one looks this up, but somebody looked at marriage pairings and there was something about "female ENFJ's are [highly likely, overrepresented, whatever they said] to marry male ENFJ's." Similarly for female INFJ's with male INFJ's, and male INFP's with female INFP's.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Scott N Denver said:
I forget where one looks this up, but somebody looked at marriage pairings and there was something about "female ENFJ's are [highly likely, overrepresented, whatever they said] to marry male ENFJ's." Similarly for female INFJ's with male INFJ's, and male INFP's with female INFP's.

Interesting! I think I'd slit my wrists if I had to marry a fellow ENFP.

Neutralpov

Wouldn't date one if you paid me. the male ENTJ=yes please. they turn ENFJish in relationships sometimes.

ENFJ men come across passive-aggressive and feminine to me and not self-contained. I need a rock who is self-confident internally first to balance my external nature. I also find that ENFJ men are alphas and I am an alpha and it just doesn't reach a sorting out of hierarchies or whatever you call it. For some reason the girl ENFJs I know are way more confident and ballsy than the males.