• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] help me figure out his type, NF turning to ST?

ntgirl

MBTI Type
intj
this guy has two faces. when he's with me, his girlfriend, and i'm NT, he's definately acting like INFJ. but when i see him the way he interacts with others, his friends and so on, whom i know are ST, he's like, excuse me for saying, boring and it's hard for me to understand him through intuition, he turns into ST. and i kind of loose connection with him.
what is his type then? tests can't tell anything for sure except he's an introvert. how to tell then, are there any clues i shoud look for? why is he changing so easily, maybe to please others? then he might me NF after all? or...i'm confused. SF maybe?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe it's typical of INFJs to be chameleon-like.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
An unhealthy or highly stressed INFJ will act like an ESTP. The only problem is that there is a huge difference between a healthy and normal ESTP and an INFJ acting like an ESTP. My experience has been that such INFJs in their shadow mode (as in Jungian shadow) are all out of whack and sort of jerk-like.

I have no idea if what I'm about to say applies to your situation or not, but I'm going to share with you the following observation:

My male INFJ friends are some of the coolest people I've ever known. However, being a male INFJ can be tough sometimes. They were born into a culture that teaches them to be as un-INFJ as possible. I have known more than one male INFJ to embrace this ESTP shadow part of himself for at least a phase in his life as he tries to sort out how be true to himself and yet survive as a man in our ESTx-lauding culture.

There's a thread about this on this forum. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/30630-male-versus-female-infjs.html

ntgirl

MBTI Type
intj
oh yeah, thanks, i remembered now i've read about that somewhere.
it's just so weird. sometimes i feel lost wanting my old guy back, lol.
i thought they're like that because of the need to be liked or they're wanting to make other people at ease around them? but it's mostly for selfish reasons eighter way, sorry if being harsh.
which one of their faces is the real one then? the one under the mask? i've never met anyone like this before. it's nothing bad, just strange. though smells a little bit on hypocracy maybe. shouldn't infj be true to themselves and value truth above everything else? it all seems contradicting. they can't survive like that and be happy. nor become healthy.
they used to be my second favorite type in males, lol. now i see they mostly come with a lot of issues.
oh well, thanks for the link!