• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, what movies shapped your childhood?

Eftelya

Hm...

The Land Before Time. I remember one day, it was mid-Winter and I guess somewhere near New Year's Eve, my mother had taken me to our local video rental store and I instantly picked out this movie. So I did the next time we went there, and the next, and the next. Thus, if I were to choose a movie that shaped my childhood, it would be this one.

2litbjm.gif

And any Studio Ghibli works. Albeit not that old, Spirited Away has always been one of my favorites and probably always will be. I have lost count of how many times I have watched it. The colors, the art, the story, the creativity. This movie had always intrigued and fascinated me so deeply as a little girl.

49zK.gif

Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Nausikaä, Grave Of The Fireflies, Shrek, The Polar Express, Snow White, Labyrinth, Jurassic Park, The Neverending Story, Dumbo, Lord Of The Rings, Home Alone, Nanny McPhee, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi...

And Tim Burton movies. Especially The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands.
And later Corpse Bride. A little bit of magic, some drama, and poof, I was captivated in an instant.

Am I not such an INFP?

Bfe.gif

Metis

Hm...

The Land Before Time. I remember one day, it was mid-Winter and I guess somewhere near New Year's Eve, my mother had taken me to our local video rental store and I instantly picked out this movie. So I did the next time we went there, and the next, and the next. Thus, if I were to choose a movie that shaped my childhood, it would be this one.

View attachment 20632

And any Studio Ghibli work. Albeit not that old, Spirited Away has always been one of my favorites and probably always will be. I have lost count of how many times I have watched it. The colors, the art, the story, the creativity. This movie had always intrigued and fascinated me so deeply as a little girl.

View attachment 20630

Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro, Nausikaä, Grave Of The Fireflies, Shrek, The Polar Express, Snow White, Labyrinth, Jurassic Park, The Neverending Story, Dumbo, Lord Of The Rings, Home Alone, Nanny McPhee, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi...

And Tim Burton movies. Especially The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands.
And later Corpse Bride. A little bit of magic, some drama, and poof, I was captivated in an instant.

Am I not such an INFP?

View attachment 20631

:heart:

mgbradsh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
The Never Ending Story comes immediately to mind.

Hellodadadarling

MBTI Type
INFP
Matilda for sure. Penchant for reading, super powers, difficult family life and the love she dreamed
of at last. :)

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Princess Bride
Steel Magnolias - specifically the line "I'd rather have 5 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special." Always stuck with me.
Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
The Never ending Story
Beauty and the Beast

I was a 70’s/80’s kid. The first movie that I truly remember well was Star Wars. I was 5 or 6 when it came out. It and the rest of the original trilogy are inextricably woven into my childhood. Also Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Dark Crystal. A couple of movies I wasn’t supposed to see but managed to watch on cable included The Road Warrior and Conan the Barbarian. I’ve always been a sci-fi and fantasy nerd.

The Road Warrior probably blew my little mind the most as I grew up in the shadow of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) during the Cold War but never imagined what a post limited nuclear exchange setting might be like. I was fascinated by the possibilities of any world that was drastically different from the one I was growing up in.

I should really be asleep.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
The last unicorn
witches
labyrinth
the wizard of oz
pollyanna
seven brides for seven brothers
sound of music

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Labyrinth
Batman Returns (directed by Burton)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- all 3 movies (I know, I know, what a dork)
Edward Scissorhands (again, Burton)
Beauty and the Beast (Though I really like the 2018 revamp, and would prefer it to the cartoon now)
Sleepy Hollow (you guessed it...Burton)
I didn't realize I liked so many Burton movies as a kid-back then I had no idea who he was. It just dawned on me this last decade that there was a pattern there...:)

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beauty and the Beast, and a bunch of old Bollywood movies depicting good girls as being soft-spoken, obedient and respectful in a patriarchal society while bad girls were those who were more modern/“Westernized”.

(Yes, as you can probably see I’ve become quite resentful. Also, I just woke up from a dream in which I was stuck in an argument with an awful middle-aged Bible-thumping gay-hating lady who wouldn’t let me leave until she made sure everyone else around us agreed only with her viewpoint while she was screaming at me. So yeah, fuck you you fictional bitch.)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Labyrinth
I knew I must become the Goblin King.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
TV series: Sinbad, return of the condor heroes, Tokyo love stories, To Liong To (dragon buster sword), The rival brothers, A new Dragon Inn, but mostly cartoon, spiderman the cartoon series, doraemon, kamen raider, time quest, Sailor Moon.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Arthur and The Invisibles is underrated. I loved that movie growing up and I played the PS2 game of it all day long. Also loved Narnia, Dude Where's my Car?(not really a kids movie but still), Hetalia: Paint it White, and Scooby Doo movies, mostly the live action ones and Cyberchase.

The Cat

Staff member
Hook.

Bisexual flamboyant pirates, and Robin Williams, this movie had so much that appealed to child me.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
OMG YES, This movie was it for me for a time. I related to Gabriel Byrne's character more than Brad Pitt's though.

I understood holli so completely, her scene where she studies Marilyn Monroe was always so intimate for me because even when i was young i had that same feel that Holli had and in my mind even now i see myself as a more controlled version to her. she wants to be real and i want to be fantasy.

The Cat

Staff member
I understood holli so completely, her scene where she studies Marilyn Monroe was always so intimate for me because even when i was young i had that same feel that Holli had and in my mind even now i see myself as a more controlled version to her. she wants to be real and i want to be fantasy.

Most definitely, one of the things that makes it one of my favorites is because the mortals get to stay in the Faerie realm and become faeries themselves.