• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, what movies shapped your childhood?

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
What is Labyrinth? Surely nobody's talking about Pan's Labyrinth? That would be a very messed up childhood!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will always remember "Hook" and remember how I felt about Robin Williams Character.

<> He's sincere in his desire to be a good father, but he keeps screwing up and being busy with work. He just cant find the right perspective. He has literally forgotten what its like (to be a kid).
<> He goes to Never Never Land, and though he "wants to", he still cannot remember how to be a kid.
<> Finally, he remembers how to be a kid... and is able to make everything up to his kids by saving them with his new "kid abilities" in never never land

:D x 1,000,000 ... I wonder if my analysis says anything about me? The fact that I remember this so strongly even though I havent seen this movie in about 5 years, and before that probably 10 years.... :invites someone to guess:

EDIT: okay to make this less serious...

1. Fantasia
2. The Brave Little Toaster

These two movies were my most watched according to my parents. I think there's an element of Ni transcendental thought going on in these movies. They are both filled of inanimate objects taking on a life of their own. In fantasia, a mop is not a mop, but an instrument of "ordered" orchestra music. In TBLT, a toaster is not merely an appliance, but an archetypical character! Its seeing objects as more than they are. Sure, every kids movie takes liberties with personification, but these movies took it to an extreme!!!

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm, Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Forever Young scared me when I was younger, still not fond of them. But I don't know that they influenced me. I can't stand Jurassic Park.

Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea did influence me quiet a lot, as did the books.
I found Anne's imagination and character very attractive as a child and still do.

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Last Starfighter (I'm actually watching that right now)
Who's That Girl (an 80's movie starring Madonna that was loosely based on Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant)
The Boy Who Could Fly
Big
Labyrinth
E.T.
The Little Mermaid
Harry and the Hendersons
The Flight of the Navigator

Edit: I just realized that all but two of these movies involve real world people being thrown into fantasy situations. I guess that's why I'm always dreaming up crazy scenarios... I watched these movies too much growing up :p

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kiki's Delivery Service

tumblr_msoaguaEc11shdhdjo1_400.gif

I like the idea— to be a witch, to be an artist, to be a baker… It’s an energy bestowed by the gods or someone, right? Though thanks to it, we do have to suffer at times…

Pokemon: The First Movie

Pikachu-Crying-Reaction-Gif-In-Pokemon-The-First-Movie.gif

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Mulan

tumblr_inline_mgcfqrpiBC1r4m9qq.gif

Why else would I come back? You said you'd trust Ping. Why is Mulan any different?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The movies that left a deepest imprint on my childish mind were probably Gladiator and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I was really drawn to the vision, leadership and unaffected heroism of the main characters.

Kenzierose

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a child I had a really weird obsession with Dirty Dancing. I was only like 4 or 5 but I watched it so often that my mom hid it from me so I would watch something else. I was really into movies like The Princess Bride and Willow too though. I remember watching the mini-series The Tenth Kingdom an awful lot. The Last Unicorn was a big one for me, I adored that movie. The Lord of the Rings were and still are way up there for me. I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them.

linn

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w4
The spirit of cimoron, anne of grables, pippi longstocking - would always inspire to do something fun in the backyard or forest in the sun :wubbie:Harry Potter of course was something special still is :)

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Poltergeist
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Exorcist

Ahhh... the classics that helped develop my FI between the ages of 7 through 10. My favorite was Aliens, and has always been. Neverending story could trail behind as second.

violett

My mother was a type four so I watched all kinds of horror movies which I think traumatized me as a child.

Poltergeist
The Exorcist
Friday the 13th
The Shining

I dislike horror movies to this day.

syorro

I like them, but they scare me to death. Even the lame ones.

violett

I like them, but they scare me to death. Even the lame ones.

I don't like horror movies. I like psychological thrillers (no gore, please) And that clip even though its dated and lame by today's standards made me jump.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The movies that shapped my childhood were many and numerous and several.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Wizard of Oz
Legend
Labyrinth
The Neverending Story
The Secret Garden
Gremlins 2
The People Under the Stairs
The Witches
Hocus Pocus
The Sandlot
Blank Check
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Tremors
Jurassic Park
Little Shop of Horrors
Dolores Claiborne
The Good Son
Grease
(I blame my mom for this)

I went through a phase where animals were my thing. I read and reread books like The Incredible Journey, Black Beauty, The Secret of NIMH, The Trumpeter Swan, Where the Red Fern Grows, and White Fang. I loved movies like The Bear, Homeward Bound, Black Beauty, Lassie, Babe, and Monkey Trouble. Probably my favorite was a movie called Milo & Otis. My parents rented the VHS for me so many times. I wanted to be that cat!

These movies had an emotional impact on me, but I can't really remember them:
The Cure
The Boy Who Could Fly
Mac & Me
A Feast at Midnight
The Gate
Jason and the Argonauts
Fire in the Sky

I'm surprised at how many of these have been listed, like The Gate. I remember almost nothing about it except for a scene where there's an eye in someone's hand. That image stuck with me. So did those claymation skeletons that appeared in old movies. I'd lie awake thinking they were coming to get me. It's weird because Child's Play, IT, and Friday the 13th didn't keep me up at night.

Here you go:
gatepic2__span.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No movies. There were movies I liked, but they didn't really affect my thinking. Books were more influential.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't recall specific ones that shaped my character. But on the stylistic level, there is a yet unbroken rule that anything in film that scared me as a child, I dig today.

I learned that I hated trippy scenes like the drunk scene in Dumbo and pretty much Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland in their entireties.
...for just one example of many, these kinds of animated fun and games. :D

Also, these opening credits are still cool:

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These are my favorite childhood movies : :D

Hocus Pocus
The fifth elements
The terminator
Harry Potter
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Polar express
Elf
The Nighmare before christmas
Lilo & stitch
Mulan
Home alone
Simbad
Casper
The power puff girls movie
Tarzan
Looney tunes : back in action
Buffy the vampire slayer
Jurassic park
Shrek
Inuyasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time
Cast away
Charlie’s angels
The lion king
Underworld
Resident evil
Blade
Ghost busters
Matilda
101 Dalmatians

There’s many movies I was watching as a kid :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I watched The Matrix when I was about 11, and that had a huge impact on the development of my thought processes, I believe.

I suspect it was a large part of what inspired me to think about philosophical questions.