• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] [NF] What Was I Thinking??

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
When I sit down, and think back, there are more moments that I'm...:huh: than I am ;). Being impulsive, I've kissed people I shouldn't, wouldn't, and won't - driven across the state with hitchhikers/musicians and generally been totally oblivious to the perfect girl giving me signals. The same can't be said about the other people around me. Friends, family - they don't get the whole, "pick up and go" attitude. Well, except a very few select folks I suspect are NFs. See, I think their lives have to be a lot more organize than mine. Why? Because when I bring these little (big) incidents up in get-togethers, I get these strange eyes. Some people are marvel by the fact that I'd just drop everything, and go do whatever I feel like doing at the same, while others are absolutely taken aback by the very idea. Questions start flying. They want to know what happened, why, and etc.

So, I ask...Am I alone in this? Am I the only one kicking myself ever so often? Because if so, just tell me to shut up now.

:doh:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
I can't go a day without having moments like this. No worries, I'm sure we're not the only two =P

Edit: I think it's because we don't make decisions based off logic like somebody with a T rather than F does

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I definitely have a "pick up and go" attitude but it was encouraged/raised out of me by my family. Now, I am very bound by logic. To make it worse, my tendency to want to (but never getting to) be impulsive is always thrown back up in my face as an insult.

It's still there, I just never get to express it. I want to "run away and join the circus".
Anyway, to relate this back to the subject, I've had a few moments like that but I never get to have many since someone usually fills me with doubts before I can complete the action.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah I have that same kind of feeling. So much so that I may act on it when I look for PhD programs. None of my friends or family get it. I've always been super impulsive though so it's probably related to that.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Wonder where it comes from

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If I had a guess, it would be because of our strong F/weak T. Feelers do things because we 'feel' like it. Don't need no rhyme or reason :D

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i enjoy what the impulsiveness has brought into my life.

i figure, all i can do is figure what not to do....
it's just much more fun and colourful than trying to figure out what to do.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
If I had a guess, it would be because of our strong F/weak T. Feelers do things because we 'feel' like it. Don't need no rhyme or reason :D

Probably this, but then I have to think about it and overanalyze it forever afterwards

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have actually woken up one morning to go to the next town to buy something, thought "hey, i don't like constantly having to drive here for stuff, i should just move here."

By the end of the day I was moved to the other town and called my old landlord to try to figure out how long I was going to have to keep paying him.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I have actually woken up one morning to go to the next town to buy something, thought "hey, i don't like constantly having to drive here for stuff, i should just move here."

By the end of the day I was moved to the other town and called my old landlord to try to figure out how long I was going to have to keep paying him.

I wish I was that spontaneous. My roommate would probably murder me though.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I wish I was that spontaneous. My roommate would probably murder me though.
I was married and managed to talk my ESFJ wife into it before we did it. It helped that she was going to college in the town I wanted to move to, so she had been kind of wanting to move too.

The whole reason I went there to start with that day was to buy something from radio shack. I wanted to build something I had read about online to solve some sort of problem with my remote control. I had no idea what I was doing, but I went and bought the list of supplies for about 20 dollars. I got distracted thinking about how I wanted to move and I never did end up trying to build the thing. I ended up finding all those parts again still in the radio shack bag some time later. :p

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
All my values speak against it, which is why I am not impulsive at all. I've never done crazy things, and to be honest, my buddies all consider me their "goody two shoes" friend. Yet I do find myself craving it a lot. I enjoy spontaneity. And I've noticed that one thing that often causes a lot of depression for me is the conflict between the values that I commit myself to following and the desire to do what would make me feel happy. If I do what I WANT or what I feel I need at the time, I end up feeling guilty. If I follow what I BELIEVE, I feel depressed and unfulfilled.

My internal struggle...