• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFPs what types do you feel understand you like no other.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am trying to figure out an old friend I recently reunited with. I cannot seem to type him whatsoever. He's the first person that I've been a loss with on every single letter. The one thing, is he is one of the people that just gets me, and as an enfp that doesn't seem to happen often. So I'm curious, do you feel like a certain type or types get you, when the others don't? This might help me narrow it down because I am damn confused.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

We NTP's share with you Ne... though Ti and Fi can be extremely different. They're still personal enough to appear the same. This would make us appear like we understand each other.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Unfortunate that the understanding is not reciprocal; such polarity can be quite dangerous for the ignorant party, be careful.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
my isfj calls me on my bullshit all the time - she is excellent

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
We NTP's share with you Ne... though Ti and Fi can be extremely different. They're still personal enough to appear the same.

I thought he might be ENTP based on the fact that my brother is ENTP and he and I see the world very similarly. We've always understood each other in a way that no one else in our family did, but we were surrounded by ISTJ's and ESTJ's.

My friend doesn't seem to fit ENTP, maybe INTP though? I think he might be one of the types that is generally a feminine type. He's always been very much in touch with that side of himself even though he isn't effeminate.

He is very neat and orderly. His room was always PERFECT when we were teenagers. So I automatically assumed J, but he isn't very traditional. He's a nonconfromist in many many areas though, which seems more P.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Unfortunate that the understanding is not reciprocal; such polarity can be quite dangerous for the ignorant party, be careful.

Be careful of what? WTH kind of warning is that?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think most types can understand my whats and hows, but few types can understand my whys.. and even less seem willing to accept them, either way.

Does that make sense?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Be careful of what? WTH kind of warning is that?

You mention that your friend "gets [you]" but that you have difficulty pinpointing certain personality characteristics of his. Such an imbalance really leaves you vulnerable in the relationship (whatever it is or may become). I have noticed in the past that NFs can be really susceptible to certain kinds of "connections" and can be really hurt as a result; it's like there are certain key phrases or modes of thought that one can present which will make NFs melt, but that aren't necessarily representative of the whole truth.

Just thought I'd mention it, even though you didn't ask and it's off topic.

Why?

Because I felt like it. :huh:

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think most types can understand my whats and hows, but few types can understand my whys.. and even less seem willing to accept them, either way.

Does that make sense?

Actually that makes perfect sense. Most of the time I feel misunderstood, even if it's just slightly.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I have noticed in the past that NFs can be really susceptible to certain kinds of "connections" and can be really hurt as a result; it's like there are certain key phrases or modes of thought that one can present which will make NFs melt, but that aren't necessarily representative of the whole truth.

Oh interesting, can you be more specific?

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You mention that your friend "gets [you]" but that you have difficulty pinpointing certain personality characteristics of his. Such an imbalance really leaves you vulnerable in the relationship (whatever it is or may become). I have noticed in the past that NFs can be really susceptible to certain kinds of "connections" and can be really hurt as a result; it's like there are certain key phrases or modes of thought that one can present which will make NFs melt, but that aren't necessarily representative of the whole truth.

Just thought I'd mention it, even though you didn't ask and it's off topic.

Why?

Because I felt like it. :huh:

Sorry it just seemed so cryptic. I apologize. :)

I don't really protect myself like that anymore. I did when I was younger out of survival, but now I tend to be open, honest and real. Self protection prevents that. I may get hurt, but that is just life.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You mention that your friend "gets [you]" but that you have difficulty pinpointing certain personality characteristics of his. Such an imbalance really leaves you vulnerable in the relationship (whatever it is or may become).

I was thinking he was just really balanced, so I was having a hard time seeing his preferences. So you think that maybe he gets me, but I don't get him? That that may be where the trouble lies? Am I understanding correctly?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I was thinking he was just really balanced, so I was having a hard time seeing his preferences. So you think that maybe he gets me, but I don't get him? That that may be where the trouble lies? Am I understanding correctly?

He may just be really balanced.

With your past and more recent interactions in mind, where would you say the topics of your conversations rest? Do you talk a lot about his interests; your interests? Does he ask you questions about your interests and then relate them to himself? How forthcoming with information is he, relative to your own openness?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe he is an INFJ

Oh and types that really seem to get me - probably ENFPs. Not sure why.

Maybe some types are better at getting people in general - or making others feel that they do.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
He may just be really balanced.

With your past and more recent interactions in mind, where would you say the topics of your conversations rest? Do you talk a lot about his interests; your interests? Does he ask you questions about your interests and then relate them to himself? How forthcoming with information is he, relative to your own openness?

He is very open. Our conversations seem to revolve around what we think or feel about things. Very random. Tangents all over the place. We can talk for hours and hours. I am very comfortable with him and he seems the same. He is very eloquent and can put his thoughts into words very well, though he says it's only with me. He has a hard time expressing himself to others.

We do talk about interests, but I think we are both more interested in each others thoughts and feelings about those interests. Oh we both share a very similar twisted sense of humor.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe he is an INFJ

I just read this profile Portrait of an INFJ

This definitely sounds more like him than anything I've read yet so far . He is an accountant, but it seems he is always changing his job or moving or something. He's also pretty involved in goth clubs and bands. He may seem a contradiction going from "normal" to wearing all black and makeup. I would definitely say music is his passion, always has been, and a lot of his friends share this passion or interest with him.

Does that sound like a possible INFJ traits.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Only one that came close to understanding me is my infj friend.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe he is an INFJ

Maybe some types are better at getting people in general - or making others feel that they do.

People usually tell me I understand them better than other people I know. I think ENFPs have that tendency. I rarely feel like others understand me though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
INFPs. I've always clicked so instantly with INFPs. <3 Between two INFPs I know, they know everything about me ever. Ever.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs. I've always clicked so instantly with INFPs. <3 Between two INFPs I know, they know everything about me ever. Ever.

Interesting. I'm an INFP, and all my friends (of all types) tell me things about themselves that they don't tell anyone else.

They know I would never gossip about them or judge them for it. They know they can tell me anything, and they know it stops with me.

I feel honored to keep their secrets and to be so trusted. :headphne:

Edit... Lest you think me conceited: I'm know that I'm their confidante, but I also know I'm not the first person they call when they want to have a drink and some light conversation.