• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFPs what types do you feel understand you like no other.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Self aware human beings, and those who use/have Fi.

:)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just read this profile Portrait of an INFJ

This definitely sounds more like him than anything I've read yet so far . He is an accountant, but it seems he is always changing his job or moving or something. He's also pretty involved in goth clubs and bands. He may seem a contradiction going from "normal" to wearing all black and makeup. I would definitely say music is his passion, always has been, and a lot of his friends share this passion or interest with him.

Does that sound like a possible INFJ traits.

Well, it's just a guess. I haven't really known any INFJs other than this forum but seems like it might possibly fit.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
INFJ or INFP. I connect with these two types more than any other. (INTJs and other ENFPs are a close second.)

ENFP vs. INFJ - Both Have Dominant Intuition / Auxiliary Feeling | Energy Orientations Reversed
ENFP — Ne > Fi > Te > Si
INFJ — Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

ENFP vs. INFP - Top Two Functions Identical (incl. orientation) Position in Hierarchy Reversed
ENFP — Ne > Fi > Te > Si
INFP — Fi > Ne > Si > Te

ENFP vs. INTJ - Both Have Dominant Intuition with Energy Orientations Reversed
ENFP — Ne > Fi > Te > Si
INTJ — Ni > Te > Fi > Se

Note above the patterns among the top four functions between ENFP and these three types.

Here's a question:

Why don't you have him take a test. A quick one that I like and seems to be pretty darn accurate is here: Mental Muscle Diagram Indicator

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The more I read the more I think he's INFJ. He's out of town, but when he gets back I will have him take the test.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Anytime I haven't been able to come to a conclusion about any letter of a person's type, they have almost always turned out to be INFJ (a couple of ISTP's thrown in). They seem to be much more moderate in all 4.

Also, I read virtually none of this thread, but INFJs are good at making it seem like they really care and identify with you when they are talking one on one (they probably actually do, but I don't know, I'm not one).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other NFs, especially ENFJs (IRL).

meta

MBTI Type
infj
My guess would also be INFJ. From what I've read, we're notoriously hard to type - to the point that two INFJs often fail to recognize each other.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm also gonna go with XNFJ; the two I have in mind are my mother (INFJ) and a few of my closest friends (ENFJ).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
People who use Fi understand me, I guess.

I can't really say there's a particular type which understands me like no other. I don't even know what you mean by being completely understood. Different people understand different sides of each other, and certain amount of closeness and time spent together can breed understanding that has nothing to do with type.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Well sometimes you meet people that just click marmalade. Of course there are some people that after a certain time you can't just pick up where you left off, or aren't exact puzzple pieces. But then, sometimes, occassionally, rarely, you'll meet that person that is not just a piece to a side of you, but to all the other sides too. You can be absolutely open about every portion of your person.

I've never met someone like that, but I've come across certain people in my life time that so little of what I said needed explaining and we could talk for hours, on hours, and do whatever together and it wouldn't matter. And that is something that instant. Right when we met - it was just instant understanding of what we stood for, looked to the future for, and everything.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well sometimes you meet people that just click marmalade. Of course there are some people that after a certain time you can't just pick up where you left off, or aren't exact puzzple pieces. But then, sometimes, occassionally, rarely, you'll meet that person that is not just a piece to a side of you, but to all the other sides too. You can be absolutely open about every portion of your person.

I've never met someone like that, but I've come across certain people in my life time that so little of what I said needed explaining and we could talk for hours, on hours, and do whatever together and it wouldn't matter. And that is something that instant. Right when we met - it was just instant understanding of what we stood for, looked to the future for, and everything.

Yeah I've come across people I've just "clicked" with...and I suspect that it may have to do with Fi use - no matter what exact type - or maybe even common backgrounds and shared interests, things unrelated to type.

I just see a lot of people here saying that NFJs understand them better than anyone, and while my experience of NFJs is that they are understanding people ...they don't particularly get me more than anyone else. In fact, my ENFJ sister and I are quite close, but she doesn't get my Fi at all....she totally does not understand it.

Or on this forum, for example, I've watched an INFJ in action as she tries to understand other people...and it seems that she extends that courtesy to people she respects, in general.

My bff from high school is an ENFJ, I think, and she's very personable, and we have a deep connection, but we don't understand every single thing about each other.

Same thing with my ex...we were together five years, had a very deep connection...he's probably eSFP...but, again, we did not completely understand each other.

I even remember feeling a certain unspoken bond of understanding with my ISTJ grandfather sometimes, but he and I were outwardly about as different as day and night.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I just see a lot of people here saying that NFJs understand them better than anyone, and while my experience of NFJs is that they are understanding people ...they don't particularly get me more than anyone else. In fact, my ENFJ sister and I are quite close, but she doesn't get my Fi at all....she totally does not understand it.

Or on this forum, for example, I've watched an INFJ in action as she tries to understand other people...and it seems that she extends that courtesy to people she respects, in general.

My bff from high school is an ENFJ, I think, and she's very personable, and we have a deep connection, but we don't understand every single thing about each other.

This is interesting, and I highlighted these points because I think I read "understand" in a different manner than you did. Rather than seeing the word as meaning one can interpret or figure me out, i saw it more in terms of an appreciation or consciousness/awareness of the processes i use, even if they themselves cannot relate to or comprehend them fully themselves.

I don't know quite what it means, but it's still kinda interesting. With the former definition I feel like yes, that is something that sorta transcends type ime and goes more into that "clicking" thing ya'll are talking about; my INTJ partner (among other friends of various other types) is like that and lord knows they certainly aren't known for that kind of thing, and yet.....

With the latter, I think in my experience it's also as you said, NFJs seem to be rather understanding people who make a conscious effort to try and understand others, even if the processes are foreign. i'm not totally convinced on how much type comes into play here tho, I would be inclined to assume that most people would be inclined to invest this energy into someone who they care about. Maybe it's more that it's easier/requires significantly LESS energy in order to have understanding between two varying types? i dunno..

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
<Semi-Off-Topic>

Why is it that some people just... CRAVE to be "understood"? Out of curiosity. :D

As for me, I live in the constant fear of actually being understood. SO SCARY.

(FYI: My Ariel avatar is there just to remind myself to be more fluffy and less abrasive on the forums. Yes, I'm dead serious. I never even watched the movie. Don't know anything about it.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
<Semi-Off-Topic>

Why is it that some people just... CRAVE to be "understood"? Out of curiosity. :D

As for me, I live in the constant fear of actually being understood. SO SCARY.

(FYI: My Ariel avatar is there just to remind myself to be more fluffy and less abrasive on the forums. Yes, I'm dead serious. I never even watched the movie. Don't know anything about it.)

I'd honestly rather be genuinely loved than genuinely understood. As long as I feel I have a certain connection with someone and have things in common with them, I don't need or expect them to understand everything about me. That's where things like tolerance and compromise come in, which are a part of any mature relationship. I think relinquishing any need I once had to be completely understood has ironically allowed me to feel closer to more people.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
<Semi-Off-Topic>

I dunno if crave is the right word, but i do rather enjoy it when the opportunity arises, and it is of somewhat higher importance in my romantic relationships than in others. it's a nice internal sensation, if you will. :wubbie:

Why people crave though, i can only speculate. then again, why do people crave anything? hmmmmmm

Hehehe :D

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd honestly rather be genuinely loved than genuinely understood. As long as I feel I have a certain connection with someone and have things in common with them, I don't need or expect them to understand everything about me. That's where things like tolerance and compromise come in, which are a part of any mature relationship. I think relinquishing any need I once had to be completely understood has ironically allowed me to feel closer to more people.

:yes:

I'm inclined to think that a truly complete understanding of each other in a relationship would actually ruin the relationship. Thoughts, anyone?

I dunno if crave is the right word, but i do rather enjoy it when the opportunity arises, and it is of somewhat higher importance in my romantic relationships than in others. it's a nice internal sensation, if you will. :wubbie:

I can see how it would be nice. :wubbie: To be accepted for what you really are...

I'm one of those people whose demeanor belies their true selves, IRL. :doh:

Why people crave though, i can only speculate. then again, why do people crave anything? hmmmmmm

It's in the neurotransmitters...? :huh:

:devil: I love abusing emoticons for the same reason.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm inclined to think that a truly complete understanding of each other in a relationship would actually ruin the relationship. Thoughts, anyone?

I'm actually not sure I believe such an understanding is possible, really. The wide variety of experiences and knowledge that we all have as individuals transcends type methinks.

It's in the neurotransmitters...? :huh:

Heh, fair enough :yes:

:devil: I love abusing emoticons for the same reason.

i'm sort of the same actually..i often get mistaken for being "upset" in debates or discussions when i'm just kind of an enthusiastic person so i throw them in for good measure. IRL i can't use emoticons so i take full advantage on here!

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Win!

Well said, marmalade.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
INTJs understand me well.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not just extending this to romantic relationships. My husband is ESTP. He genuinely loves me, but he doesn't get me or understand me the way a few friends in my life have.

I think since I have to talk things out before I know how I feel about something, that makes me crave understanding. Usually I'm talking, talking, talking, and I know they don't "get" 50% if what I'm saying. It's such a wonderful experience when you can share your thoughts and ideas not only do they not look at you like you are a little crazy, but they even consider those ideas as possibilities themselves. It's always been an amazing experience for me when I feel understood. Probably because I always feel misunderstood. I also am and ENFP who grew up in a small town with an very well-known ISTJ for a step-father, and and ESTJ mother. Talk about feeling misunderstood. They thought I might be certifiably crazy because I was so different than they are :huh: So yeah, it's nice when people understand you.