• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF what do you think of money?

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I'm not an NF, but I'm special. Rules don't apply to me. :)

In theory, money is simply credit to allow you to consume something because earlier, you produced something for another person to consume. The world cannot function if everyone consumes but no one produces.

Money is freedom. Accumulating it will allow you to consume without having to produce any more. It's quite easy to do if you consume wisely.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not an NF, but I'm special. Rules don't apply to me. :)

In theory, money is simply credit to allow you to consume something because earlier, you produced something for another person to consume. The world cannot function if everyone consumes but no one produces.

Money is freedom. Accumulating it will allow you to consume without having to produce any more. It's quite easy to do if you consume wisely.
I agree with this.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I want to make enough bucks to be able to focus on other things so I won't have to use my energy on worrying about every penny.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Accumulating it will allow you to consume without having to produce any more.
You are really still producing in this case, right? Just indirectly through your money.

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Money as debt

"Money as debt". Must-watch youtube video series explaining how money works, how banks steal everything you have, and more. You will not look at money with the same eyes again.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I love money. I love it very much. I love how it sounds. I love how it stinks. I love how it feels. I love how it looks. I don't know what it tastes like, but I guess I would love the taste. I love it more than anything. I think I even love it more than love. I guess that's my slogan, "Make money, not love!". Wouldn't it be cool to tattoo that on my bum? I can do that with money too. Love is despicable, it can't buy me money, our one and only real life source. Money, yum. I love spending other people's cash.

Manis

MBTI Type
INFP
I thought NFs would have broader views on this than just "I like money, buys me stuff, makes the world go round"

If money did reflect production perfectly it would be slightly better, though still not totally fair. The fact is a great many jobs aren't productive (just about anything in the financial sector, for example), and those that are the best compensated are often far less productive in material and societal terms than the worst paying jobs: floors need to be scrubbed, rubbish needs to be collected, but how does the world benefit from hedge-funds?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love money. I love it very much. I love how it sounds. I love how it stinks. I love how it feels. I love how it looks. I don't know what it tastes like, but I guess I would love the taste. I love it more than anything. I think I even love it more than love. I guess that's my slogan, "Make money, not love!". Wouldn't it be cool to tattoo that on my bum? I can do that with money too. Love is despicable, it can't buy me money, our one and only real life source. Money, yum. I love spending other people's cash.

K.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
money is dead plants printed with images of dead people.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_anbEJsr6s"]My thoughts on MONEY[/YOUTUBE]

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I thought NFs would have broader views on this than just "I like money, buys me stuff, makes the world go round"

If money did reflect production perfectly it would be slightly better, though still not totally fair. The fact is a great many jobs aren't productive (just about anything in the financial sector, for example), and those that are the best compensated are often far less productive in material and societal terms than the worst paying jobs: floors need to be scrubbed, rubbish needs to be collected, but how does the world benefit from hedge-funds?

NFs are nothing special. They're mostly just average people with average views. You won't get very far looking here.

Manis

MBTI Type
INFP
Wasn't looking for intense debate or allies, Chunes. Guess I just expected a bit more discussion because my views are pretty strong on this subject. Sorry if I sounded sarky, if you need me I'll be in the channels..

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Definitely not. Consumption depletes the supply.
Based on his comment, I thought he was talking about using your own money to make more money so that you could consume without producing. If you are doing this, your money is producing for you.

If you are just spending money you previously saved, then you just shifted your consumption to another period of time.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Based on his comment, I thought he was talking about using your own money to make more money so that you could consume without producing. If you are doing this, your money is producing for you.

This is where the ice begins to thin in society. Watch your steps carefully.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

We could only hope, but no, money producing it's own money is though... yay.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
oooo, what kind of cities, interplanatary ones?

Ocean-bound ones. The details are somewhat sketchy at the moment, but the basic idea is laid down.

On a different note, I apologize for not answering sooner.