• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF what do you think of money?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like having it. Having it is better than not having it. Managing it is a pain in the ass, though.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
kinda wish I could get by without it.

I have no desire to flaunt my wealth (or lack thereof) to anyone.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
[YOUTUBE="Td2p1jXRI10"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2p1jXRI10[/YOUTUBE]

Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
'Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I got to give if you say you love me too
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love

Can't buy me love, everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love, no no no, no

Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love
Its nice to have, wish I didn't need it.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Money doesn't exist.

whoops wrong thread

Liesl

Having a lot of money is nice when you have people to enjoy it with. Having a lot of money and being alone is just as bad as having just enough money to get by and being alone. I tend to seek stability in my emotions, my outlook on life, and sometimes in relationships...and not in finances.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a long-held theory about this. I know it is idealized, but this is how I see money:

The word "money" can be replaced by the word "goodwill" in any sentence.

That's why stealing is a universal crime. Because money (goodwill) needs to be given or earned... never taken. It also might explain why lottery winners never seem to be happy in the long run. Because that large amount of "goodwill" was won, not earned, and therefore not appreciated as much, nor even "deserved" in some small sense. I have other examples that satisfy my theory, but I'll keep them to myself because I'm trying to write shorter posts. :blush:

So, my definition is this: Money is an abstraction that represents the amount of goodwill we've earned. One needs money to thrive in a structured society just like one needs goodwill to thrive in that same society.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Necessary evil. The cost of living should relax a bit.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Something that helps buy food, clothes, pay for education, health care, buy a house, and other pragmatic things. Sometimes money is used to buy not so practical things too. I see it as a means of achieving an end, rather than an end in itself.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate it. Well i hate what it symbolises and what it produces...power greed to name but two. Yes i need enough to pay the bills and buy food etc but some of my happiest times have been when i have struggled for cash. Having money is necessary for many things but i'm not materialistic, i have plenty for my needs. I think it can be a hindrance too.
I'm rich in far more valuable things than money.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can't decide if I want to answer how I feel about my relationship with money or what I think about the concept of money in general.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have a long-held theory about this. I know it is idealized, but this is how I see money:

The word "money" can be replaced by the word "goodwill" in any sentence.

That's why stealing is a universal crime. Because money (goodwill) needs to be given or earned... never taken. It also might explain why lottery winners never seem to be happy in the long run. Because that large amount of "goodwill" was won, not earned, and therefore not appreciated as much, nor even "deserved" in some small sense. I have other examples that satisfy my theory, but I'll keep them to myself because I'm trying to write shorter posts. :blush:

So, my definition is this: Money is an abstraction that represents the amount of goodwill we've earned. One needs money to thrive in a structured society just like one needs goodwill to thrive in that same society.
Money is definitely an abstraction. A placeholder. It represents something. I'm not 100% sure if I'm sold on your "goodwill" idea but it seems close.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't decide if I want to answer how I feel about my relationship with money or what I think about the concept of money in general.

ooh...i think both should be interesting. let's have it!

Eon

MBTI Type
INFP
I like making enough of it to not have to think about it very much...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ooh...i think both should be interesting. let's have it!
Well... my relationship with money is kind of weird. I obsess about it a little bit. I am not materialistic but I think about it a lot. I track every cent and I try hard to save. Some of this probably traces back to a hang up I have where once in a while I feel like my life has been too easy up to this point and it will eventually fall apart. I get this sense of impending doom. I think trying to obsessively track my money fits into that. It isn't that I'm stingy with it. I buy whatever I want basically, but I have to work it into my plan and keep emergency funds and stuff. I get nervous if I don't have that.

As for money in general, I don't really like the idea of it, but I also see it as an abstraction like what Abstract Thinker posted. Whether or not you call it 'money' I have trouble picturing society evolving any other way. As soon as people start trading stuff, the abstraction is inevitable.

And then there is another aspect where I find physical money extremely cumbersome and I wish it could all just happen virtually. I shouldn't have to have a card or anything. I just want to be able to will my money around virtually. Why do I need a physical representation of it?

Also, there is a part of me in the back of my mind that just thinks everyone should be able to have everything they want, and why do we need to trade and buy and sell from each other. I know it sounds communist and has been tried to some extent and failed, and I don't expect it to ever actually be this way, but as long as I am dreaming...

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Money is definitely an abstraction. A placeholder. It represents something. I'm not 100% sure if I'm sold on your "goodwill" idea but it seems close.

I think ideally it would be "goodwill", but in this world yeah, I'm not so sure either. Were this the case, people who provide good and necessary services to the people (ie. plumbers, social workers, etc.) would be making a lot more than they are :D

nebbykoo said:
You can buy drugs with it.

This

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think money's a pretty cool guy eh, buys hookers and doesn't afraid of anything.