• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF what do you think of money?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ugh. Tough to answer and make sense.
1) Money is necessary to operate in this world. it shouldn't be. But it is.
2)Because of the way the world is set up, people can easily bend over backwards and do horrible atrocities for it. People can claim they are collecting it to a just and good cause, and squander it on something that is totally the opposite of what was promised. We have made money become an evil thing, therefore.
3) Because of capitalism and the way us humans have evolved, some have more than they need. A larger amount than that has just enough. A larger amount than that don't have enough. And that is not fair.
4)If you are going to philosophize about this, in truth, money doesn't exist. We have created it, like we have created so many other things. it has become so powerful, it is its own entity. A God or Goddess. And us mere mortals worship it, live for it, kill for it and depend on it.

I told you this would be difficult to explain.
Do I like its comforts? Yes. Do I like to see people suffering because they don't have it? No. Do I like the idea of money? Nope. Not one bit. Not at all.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I don't worship it but now that I am struggling and all my luxury is gone .. I appreciate it. It's a necessary evil. And if I were able to make the decision on necessary evils this would not be the currency.

Mole

Permabanned
What we worship, we become. If we worship money, we become a miser.

The USA is based on Capitalism and Protestantism, Capitalism and the Protestant Work Ethic. "What are you worth?", they ask, and the answer is calculated in money.

Fortunately the USA doesn't worship money, the USA worships the Trinity, and its spiritual practice is the Protestant Work Ethic.

However faith and money are set like reinforced concrete, stronger than faith or money alone, but immoveable together, creating the largest economy the world has ever seen. And hey, you've got a free trade agreement with us. All you gotta do is keep it up. Keep worshiping and making money. Hey baby, we love you, all the way to the bank.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I hate it. I think it's the root of all evil. I think it has robbed us all of our very lives and the only chance to explore and enjoy everything this vast and beuatiful world has to offer.

However, I think that ( Like the religion) if we did not have money we would just find some other currency with which we use to put value on our priceless lives.

People will never ever accept a society in which those who feel they contribute more do not receive more than those they judge as "lesser."

There is nothing inherently wrong with this, or maybe it's just impossible for even me to perceive such a society.
The problem is not so much which currency we use-it all ends up the same- the problem is our idea of what is considered a contribution and what is considered w " work."

In our very strange society it is often those who do the least amount of work ( tech bros in start-ups, r children of wealthy parents,) who are considered deserving simply by the fact that they have it. meanwhile in blue-collar jobs, people in service jobs, on their feet all day often ridiculous hours and two jobs, who are unworthy or deserved of wealth because they do not already have it.

It is a very asinine system in need of serious overhaul.

Mole

Permabanned
I hate it. I think it's the root of all evil. I think it has robbed us all of our very lives and the only chance to explore and enjoy everything this vast and beuatiful world has to offer.

However, I think that ( Like the religion) if we did not have money we would just find some other currency with which we use to put value on our priceless lives.

People will never ever accept a society in which those who feel they contribute more do not receive more than those they judge as "lesser."

There is nothing inherently wrong with this, or maybe it's just impossible for even me to perceive such a society.
The problem is not so much which currency we use-it all ends up the same- the problem is our idea of what is considered a contribution and what is considered w " work."

In our very strange society it is often those who do the least amount of work ( tech bros in start-ups, r children of wealthy parents,) who are considered deserving simply by the fact that they have it. meanwhile in blue-collar jobs, people in service jobs, on their feet all day often ridiculous hours and two jobs, who are unworthy or deserved of wealth because they do not already have it.

It is a very asinine system in need of serious overhaul.

The USA is based on Capitalism and Protestant Work Ethic which teaches that God shows His favour by granting prosperity, naturally to hard working Protestants. And so the converse is also believed that poverty is a sign of God's disfavour.

The USA can't be overhauled because it is based on an economic religious belief which is impervious to reason.

And this is why mbti seems so natural in the USA, because mbti is a business cult, in tune with the basic beliefs of the US.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is from the second chapter of ecclesiastes...

17 So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 18 I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. 19 And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. 20 So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. 21 For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. 22 What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun? 23 All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.