• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF what do you think of money?

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I have a love/ hate relationship with money. I hate money, but i know I need it to survive and to get all the pretty things, I want.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money is freedom.

Money lets me do what I want with very little hassle.

A

A window to the soul

Over-rated. Money can't buy true love or real friends.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Money is a tool for procurement and a necessary evil to survival in modern society.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The most unhappy people I know have loads of it... Throughout life I'm hoping to have only the minimum I need to be comfortable.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I hate it. But I don't want to live in poverty either. Actually, I don't want anyone to live in poverty... or anyone to live in disgusting excess.

Yeah, I hate it.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I like money. It's nice to have.

But there are other things which are equally or more important. It's a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

I'd hate to be homeless, but on the other hand, being wealthy wouldn't be enough to make me happy, either.

^This.

And...My Husband got a job!!!! :happy2: I'm stoked! What a relief.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yay for you and your husband! It's nice to be needed, and to be paid for it. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I admit that I like what money can get you, but I've lived happily on a rather modest income. I do have a desire for financial security because of the stress I've had growing up struggling financially with my family and my current unemployed situation. The stress makes me resent the money system we have & the whole rat race atmosphere it creates. Too much depends on money, to the point where it's more debilitating than empowering.

Manis

MBTI Type
INFP
Just signed up to this forum, might as well start here.

Money itself as an object or concept can't be evil, it's more about the way it's used and attitudes to it. It can obviously be used to do good things (efficient, fair and charitable distribution of our planet's resources) but this rarely seems to happen. Those with too much of it use it to stack the deck in their favour and maintain the world the way it is. We could find a better system if we had a little imagination and independence of spirit, but of course we're paid to suppress these urges.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I HATE money.

I hate hate hate hate hate it. Despicable stuff.

Nothing I do feels authentic because of this stupid need to be greedy. I very very very seethingly resent being forced to be a whore for money.

*sigh*

I mean, heck, we may as well measure how many resources we're entitled to by how well we can dance. Makes about as much sence as letting the best advertisers and bankers have the most.

Actually, come to think of it, that makes a lot more sense.

Money is so arbitrary. There's only a few narrow things that will get you the stuff, and it's all ridiculously soul-crushing.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Money cures my allergies. I'm allergic to debt, to owing. I dislike it when it is so scarce that it some emergency puts me in the position of owing anything more than the ongoing regular utilities. I'm working on an emergency fund to minimize/eliminate this problem.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am not good with money...at all. I don't understand the value of a dollar.
At the same time, I don't need a lot of stuff. I don't need fancy things. I will just worry about breaking them or losing it. For an American teenager, I am pretty low maintenance. Compared to my frugal parents and children from third world countries, I am spoiled rotten.

I know money is important. But unfortunately, I am not good with it. I am bad with math, business, finance, markets, etc. I am good with impractical things - and I like impractical things - like philosophy and art, writing and fighting for the under-dogs.

I do like money, but I don't need a lot of it to be happy. But what I mean by not a lot may be a lot compared to some people so ... I can't say I am not spoiled. I grew up in the working class, though, so I never really wanted a Mercedes or cried for an Iphone. I do have a Mac and if I have the money, I would upgrade myself even if this Mac is working fine.

I think the huge gap between the upper class and the working class sucks and is completely unfair because the working class people work longer hours in tougher conditions. But money is important - I certainly don't want to trade and Communism does not work.

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
I need it. To build cities. Google has no estimates on how much those cost (the results usually feature custom houses), but I'm fairly sure I'll need a lot.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need it. To build cities. Google has no estimates on how much those cost (the results usually feature custom houses), but I'm fairly sure I'll need a lot.

oooo, what kind of cities, interplanatary ones?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm not too concerned with accumulating wealth, but I am insatiable when it comes to collecting jewelry. I am addicted to accumulating beautiful adornments. I can never have too many rings...or bangles..or pendants...or...well..you get the point :)

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've often wondered about myself because advertising does not work on me. I look around at seemingly everyone else, and they actually get excited about some gadget or material aquisition, but since childhood, I have never once had a notable desire for any superfluous thing. I hate that people succumb so mindlessly to advertising. It makes for a really shitty world.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if you takes these lyrics literally it summarizes money
Money-Pink Floyd
Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay
And your O.K.

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands
And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream