• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP females, do you tend to be better friends with males?

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm wondering if it's just me, or if it's a type thing. I have always preferred company of males to other females, even when I was really young. Most of my friends throughout my life, including now, are males.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a mix of friends as far as gender. I greatly value my female friends & find them the ones I can turn to emotionally. I also get along well with men who are not the meathead types. I do tend to converse differently with my male & female friends. I tend to talk more about interests with male friends. In fact, I become friends with men based on common interests, whereas I tend to click with women based on personality dynamic & emotional connection.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not really. I get along well with both sexes but in different ways.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I have all female close friends. Being friends with males is tricky. I am not tomboy-ish but some aspects of me is more boyish than girlish, like the being blunt/honest, Fe-retard part. In the work place or in other settings outside of my college, I generally get along with men better. I have no idea why. Women don't easily warm to me. I attract oddballs and all my friends are a bit on the weird side. I get along with men in their mid-twenties and older much better than men my age. When I get back to school though, I am going to acquire more male friends and see how that goes. For some reason, the attraction part either on my side or his side always gets in the way and makes it way awkward.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you feel that way because they're nicer to you? i kinda know what ya mean but as far as close friends it's been mostly women and a few gay guys or married/attached men....there has to be a wall there with single straight guys kinda.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ yeah, right? some girls seem to just hang out with guys and it is (i am assuming) all casual, but for me, i seem to be stuck between being one of them and one of the women

it could be partially me, that i am ultra sensitive to energy/vibes and women are perhaps more reserved themselves, i also sense that women are A LOT more judgmental than men, they sort of check you out

also, i feel like with women, you have to smooch their asses a bit, like ask about their family or whatever, and i just don't do that naturally, it's like you need to actively establish a bond, gossip or something, whereas men warm up to you with jokes/humor of any kind

i have met a couple of women who just give me evil stares - for no freakin reason - like if i get their name wrong or something - idk - so weird.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ yeah, right? some girls seem to just hang out with guys and it is (i am assuming) all casual, but for me, i seem to be stuck between being one of them and one of the women

it could be partially me, that i am ultra sensitive to energy/vibes and women are perhaps more reserved themselves, i also sense that women are A LOT more judgmental than men, they sort of check you out

also, i feel like with women, you have to smooch their asses a bit, like ask about their family or whatever, and i just don't do that naturally, it's like you need to actively establish a bond, gossip or something, whereas men warm up to you with jokes/humor of any kind

i have met a couple of women who just give me evil stares - for no freakin reason - like if i get their name wrong or something - idk - so weird.

i know what ya mean about some girls but it seems less an issue now than it was 10 years ago...i think that female judginess or cattiness is more of an immature insecure woman problem...never cared for that type anyway so screw em. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm absolutely closest to my sister. :wub:

But, other than her, I tend to have male, or male-ish friends.

This began around age 21, pre-21 I was exclusively close friends with females, I love women, but girls/women have seemed to hurt me too much, because of stupid ass shit, too, like jealousy, seriously? :wtf:

I'm a lover, not a hater.

I don't EVER compete with ANYONE, and ESPECIALLY with my own gender.

:sad:

And, sadly a lot of my male friends inevitably want more, then drop me like I'm hot because I'm not down for them sexually/romantically.

So... whaddya gonna do.

harumph!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
And, sadly a lot of my male friends inevitably want more, then drop me like I'm hot because I'm not down for them sexually/romantically.

I am starting to wonder if for women "being friends" with men is analogous to men "being fuck buddies" with women.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why would you wonder that from what she said?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think women are surprised when men want more just as men are surprised when women want more. You see?

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i would have said a screaming "yes" to this a couple years ago, before i:

a) met some wonderful women who i have developed beautiful relationships with (
b) have come to doubt the "platonic" nature of a couple of my friendships with men

i feared women for a while because they were often catty with me, and i didn't meet many women with the same interests as me until i started college.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
like he wants to be sex buddies and she wants to be friends or they are sex buddies and she wants a relationship?

i don't know...i'm completely out of this whole sex buddy loop...i know nothing about it...have no friends who've ever been in that situation either. it seems like some new concept or fad that happened while i was away or...something.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I will not lie it is very difficult for me to remain friends with women. As I'm sure every girl I know feels this when I'm around them. Damn hormones!

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I would never sleep with a platonic male friend if I have one. Boundaries! Just as I would never sleep with my female friends. *shakes head* Just because they have a penis doesn't mean you have to ride it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
like he wants to be sex buddies and she wants to be friends or they are sex biddies and she wants a relationship?

Men sometimes enter relationships where the implicit motivation is sexual. Then it often turns out the woman wants more. Rather unsurprising.

Women sometimes enter "platonic" relationships with men where the implicit motivation is friendship. Then it often turns out the man wants more. Yet, this is surprising.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I will not lie it is very difficult for me to remain friends with women. As I'm sure every girl I know feels this when I'm around them. Damn hormones!

I think men want to be around women. So they try to be friends. But, the thing that is motivating them to want to be around women is not friendship. It is sexual energy.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would never sleep with a platonic male friend if I have one. Boundaries! Just as I would never sleep with my female friends. *shakes head* Just because they have a penis doesn't mean you have to ride it.

I would never be friends with a woman I was attracted to. Boundaries.