• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, what are your D&D character alignments?

What's your alignment?

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

neutral, with some neutral good and neutral evil shifts.

I think it needs to be understood that good, evil, law, and chaos in terms of the standard D&D axises are very pronounced. There is more contrast between the alignments because they are clearly defined (in most fantasy settings). In reality, these alignments are much more subtle, not epic, and situational.

Are you philosophically alignment x, or are you just openly practicing that particular alignment for one reason or another? Good and Evil can be blurred sometimes. But the basic thing to remember is that good = selflessness and evil = selfishness. Most people will be both in shades of grey. No one has a true alignment, unless you consider a true alignment the one that the individual falls into most often, just his or her mbti type.

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone has their own conceptions of what "good" and "evil" are, but likewise, they are all motivated by fundamental things such as self-preservation and altruism. Generally, what is considered to be harmful to society as a whole is "evil", while being self-servile in lieu of helping society is "evil". But these things may be interchanged, especially if people don't actually know what's ethical. Objective morality is a sham.

To compound the issue, there is no universal ethical standard that can be used in all situations, though people will tell you there could be. It's all contingent upon the culture, and culture is simply a way of engendering learned behavior.

Even this test is contextual, as it is based on things of that sort...

Chaotic Neutral (accidentally voted Chaotic Good)

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

chaos-field.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
To be fair I'd consider myself more Chaotic Good than Neutral Good, but if people truthfully answered the questions in the test I last took I doubt most would get chaotic.

To be truly chaotic it requires lots of balls in the dungeons and dragons universe. Besides, I'm never chaotic just to spite people. Only when the rules make no sense.

G

Ginkgo

To be fair I'd consider myself more Chaotic Good than Neutral Good, but if people truthfully answered the questions in the test I last took I doubt most would get chaotic.

To be truly chaotic it requires lots of balls in the dungeons and dragons universe. Besides, I'm never chaotic just to spite people. Only when the rules make no sense.

Not balls. A penchant for experimenting with reckless abandon, always trusting that the result will be something that's interesting or beneficial.

I want to use a spit wad on the random guard there... this should be interesting. *rolls dice*

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a Paladin, whatever that means, I think it's lawful good. :/

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
Okay, so I got Chaotic Good

Alignment.jpg

:huh:...I'm somewhat disturbed at the fact that there's so many House motivationals for Chaotic Good in google image search...Especially after the man shoulders thread. Coincidence?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh:...I'm somewhat disturbed at the fact that there's so many House motivationals for Chaotic Good in google image search...Especially after the man shoulders thread. Coincidence?

House is a Chaotic Neutral. When is he driven to acomplish good? He's not "good" at all, tough he's not evil anymore because he does'nt kill his patients.

Lawful Good: Foreman
Lawful Neutral: Cuddy
Lawful Evil: Voegler, Treater

Neutral Good: Wilson
Neutral: Chase
Neutral Evil: Amber

Chaotic Good: Cameron
Chaotic Neutral: House
Chaotic Evil: ?

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
House is a Chaotic Neutral. When is he driven to acomplish good? He's not "good" at all, tough he's not evil anymore because he does'nt kill his patients.

Lawful Good: Foreman
Lawful Neutral: Cuddy
Lawful Evil: Voegler, Treater

Neutral Good: Wilson
Neutral: Chase
Neutral Evil: Amber

Chaotic Good: Cameron
Chaotic Neutral: House
Chaotic Evil: ?

LOL! I didn't say he was, I just said there's a lot of motivationals with him in it marked as CG. I saw a debate on House characters' alignment in another forum when I did the search. It got ugly...

:backs slowly away from the powder keg:
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
:runs screaming from this thread: :D

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think I'd be Chaotic Neutral. The Chaotic part is obvious, and I'm not sure about Good and Evil. Mehh, I don't really know. I don't get it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't seem really driven to acomplish good actions. You are probably more a Chaotic Neutral, or even a Chaotic Evil.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cameron, chaotic? :huh:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cameron, chaotic? :huh:

Yes. Cameron strongly values moral and ethic, but absolutely not order or the power that be and only follows her own convictions and values faithfully. She is a Chaotic Good.

Curwhibble

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh.
We were supposed to head on over to the test to see what our personal alignment would be? I answered as if it were actual characters that you'd play, which would usually be one from the evil sector. Usually lawful with chaotic for a bit of a change when new characters are demanded.

But the test says my character alignment lies within Lawful Good. Hurrah. Although I think my results were tainted by the fact I still think about how fun it would be to play a character that abides by the rules, I like to play personalities that differ from my own. It's fun.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, wait, I did a test and I guess I was sluightly wrong:

Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I identity as chaotic good with some neutral tendencies. There was one test that gave me true neutral. But chaotic good and neutral good were high up there. Wanting to see the good in things, knowing my path, but knowing it's not the only way. I am certain of not being lawful everything, even though I got lawful good on a few tests in the past. It just doesn't fit me.

I suppose I more or less want to do the right thing but am not strict/lawful or anything and I have my own path while other people have their paths. What the right thing is may vary from person to person. There are some apathetic/neutral tendencies, or I can be a bit mischievous, pointing to the chaotic paired up with those alignments.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Chaotic neutral.