• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I was reading and a thought arose.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I was reading a patterns thread that you had. A great deal of ENFP's were commenting amongst this thread and I began to wonder how well this type (or any NF) would be able to read an INTP? Someone who is said to be able to detach themselves completely from an emotion.

sculpting

Hmmm.

INTPs can seem very distant but it translates very differently than the INTJ distance. INTJs can look lost, almost childlike. INTPs honestly can seem much more robotic to me than INTJs. But typically quite nice.

I dont sense emo from INTPs. I do sense giant gaps as Ti tries to translate itself externally into words. I also can play with their Ne and make them laugh, so I can see the smile/laughter in their eyes a bit. They often will seem befuddled by my total lack of Ti logic-almost like I am the imaginary unicorn....surely such a creature cannot be real...it is so...so... cute, thus a bit entertaining.

I can sense stress in INTPs. They get the same look as the entps-they get kind of pinched and tight in their face and the sarcastic comments increase. But just like entps you shouldnt bother them or ask about the stress-only if they bring it up.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

So you can still vaguely understand what, or how they are thinking even without giant cues? I would suppose it's how Inituitive you are, but I find that interesting.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The only emotion that is impossible to read is the one that doesn't exist.
Therefore regardless of how well you can "detach" and fool some people. Others with more insight (either sensing or intuition) will figure it out anyway.
Some people can read the smallest cues, some people are just that empathetic.
Even the deepest sociopaths eventually get found out.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose. Is it not more difficult the more detached someone is from an emotion? This detachment would cause misinterpretations with your intuitive side because you are finding emotional meaning where there is none. Though the complete lack of emotion is I'm sure impossible.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suppose. Is it not more difficult the more detached someone is from an emotion? This detachment would cause misinterpretations with your intuitive side because you are finding emotional meaning where there is none. Though the complete lack of emotion is I'm sure impossible.

But there might be some emotion that is driving someone to become more detached and there might be signs showing why the person is getting more detached all of a sudden, hence showing the emotion even if the person is getting completely detached.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Or maybe not showing it, but the person watching could look at the point of origin and realize the detachment is due to this, or that. Not that I plan on doing this, but how do you fool Intuition? It seems impossible.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

In my case personally. I almost always know some feeling exists. A well guarded person might be able to hide what feeling exactly. And a spinster might be able to convince me it's all me, for a while.

So yes it's difficult with some people. But never impossible.

I would also suspect from a purely MBTI standpoint. that STs would be more adept at hiding and defecting than an NT type with me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
..how do you fool Intuition? It seems impossible.

Its easy if you possess the power of Ne yourself and really know the person. My mom is enfp and she is really easy to fool, it just needs constant observation and knowledge on how the person is making connections.