• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typical INFP - INTJ conversation

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It seems to me this thread has the INTJs asking why INFPs clam up around them when discussing deeper beliefs/feelings; just because you don't LIKE the reason offered, does not make it untrue. If you won't adjust your style to accommodate the INFP, then don't expect one to open up to you & accommodate you. It works both ways.

As Voltaire says "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
How many times has Sabre apologised by now? I think he has beaten my life record. Time for a type change, methinks... For either him or me.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
HMPH. So, I've been trying to figure out this one INFP chick... What I don't understand is why she's talking to me... Or, to be precise, why she thinks I'm sweet and nice and all of that... I personally don't think I deserve those remarks but she is always insisting that I am someone she enjoys talking to... I think she may have a thing for me and that this thing she has may be blocking her brains from judging me properly... Then again, she does have a strange way about her that brings out my sensitive and emotional side and this usually presents itself when I'm talking to her... It's strange. I don't know if I dislike it though. She also confuses me so much and I want to gouge my eyes out when she leaves a topic unfinished or when she begins a topic and then won't talk about it anymore - my mind is working on the topic and it keeps working on it in auto-pilot until it finds a solution, so ending the feed of information makes me want to slap something because my mind is still going to try and solve the problem... Oh, and she says I never annoy her but I feel like I talk too much... Then she says that I don't talk enough... Then I say that I don't talk about serious stuff... Then she says that's okay... Then I don't say anything because I can't be very silly...

I don't understand how it is that I have not made her mad at me yet. It's a freaking magical mystery.

Last edited:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ Awwwwwwwwww, that is the sweeeeetest post. Awwwwwwwwwwwww. *dies*

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Not so fast. Light is photons, and photons are characterized by their energy or wavelength. We use color designations to describe those photons whose wavelength falls in the range that human eyes can see: violet through red. We can equally well describe them in terms of wavelength, however: 400 nm - 700 nm. So, no light (no photons) means no color. On the other hand, light outside the visible spectrum might be described as having no color, since we cannot see it, and we cannot apply any of our color terminology to it.

Color is an entirely mental phenomenon. There is no single wavelength for magenta, for instance. An intense black light may very well be possible if we modified our hardware. As for the original question about whether different people see colors differently this has been discussed ad nauseam, see Inverted Qualia.

Inverted Qualia (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure how alive this thread is but conversations with INFPs are pretty interesting. The last one I had with my uncle when like this:

INFP: Hey man, you guys coming down to visit this summer?
Me: Not sure, but the camping thing was fun we should go again.
INFP: Aww man thats great we can do whatever. I had an idea though. Instead of the camping trip we could go to western Virginia. You know there are all these mines and rivers and this is where the first gold rush was and you can we emeralds the size of your fist annd ....
Me: Yea that sounds great (knowing its not going to happen) I don't know we'll probably get down there for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Maybe its just a family quirk but both my INFP and my ENFP uncles are obsessed with mining and pan handling >.>

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
INTJ: You are not very quick-witted [or some other impolite remark].
INxP: Are you mad at me again?
INTJ: No.
INxP: o_O Ok.

(I know only one person whom I know to be an INTJ.)