• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Typical INFP - INTJ conversation

onelovelylove

MBTI Type
INFP
This was an online conversation...

I, the INFP, begins to babble about a silly song that has popped into my head, and how cool it is that I thought of it right at that exact moment.

Him, the INTJ responds with this link The Spyder III, the World's Most Powerful Portable Laser, Is a Real Life Lightsaber and explains he is excited to now be able to purchase a death ray so that he can now clean graffiti off of various neighborhood places.

Both silly but on different levels...

Sort of a funny/dreamy/introspective meets logical/efficient/science.

Any similar experiences?

under skies

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP: Do you ever wonder if what one person sees when they look at something that is "yellow" is the same as what another person sees? Like maybe our brains perceive the colors differently but we just agree to call two different colors the same thing because we see them at the same time.

INTJ: I don't see that there would be any evolutionary advantage to that kind of cognitive variance.

MoneyJungle

MBTI Type
INFP
I have an INTJ brother who is also my best friend. The general dynamic is I look for empathy and he offers solutions. Our odd sense of humor and bibliophilism are the common grounds.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP: You're a really friendly guy :D

INTJ: It is a recent development.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^:laugh: That's classic!

Gotto love that dry wit :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lmao :rofl1:

That's awesome :nice:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP: Do you ever wonder if what one person sees when they look at something that is "yellow" is the same as what another person sees? Like maybe our brains perceive the colors differently but we just agree to call two different colors the same thing because we see them at the same time.

INTJ: I don't see that there would be any evolutionary advantage to that kind of cognitive variance.

Hahaha, you took the INFP words right out of my mouth

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

:rofl1: i literally had this exact conversation at work today and this is what my INTJ co-worker said.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INFP: You're a really friendly guy :D

INTJ: It is a recent development.

:rofl1: :rofl1:

It is so funny because it is dead serious.

INTJ: *says something completely politically incorrect/inappropriate*
INFP saw the sly grin: HAHA. Nice try.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ugh :doh:. I hate that shallow kind of philosophizing...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on, woman, free that Ne :devil:

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1

LMAO! I have SOOOO pondered that. Lots of times! :hug:

And as for being shallow-- well it's not the nature of life, but its a valid wonder. I wonder about lots of things. I don't feel the need to always be involved in deep philosophizing. Just to wonder and question is enough.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFP: The possibilities are endless. For all we know life on Earth is 200 years old and all the evidence that suggests otherwise, is fabricated and planted so that we think we and the Earth have been a round a lot longer. Since there is no one alive that is 200 years old to disprove what I am saying, who is to say this isn't simply act 3 of a play with a very elaborate prefabricated history and well crafted back drop ? What if nothing existed before you, and your whole life is some cosmic version of the Truman show?

INTJ: LOL Darwinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Curwhibble

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP: The possibilities are endless. For all we know life on Earth is 200 years old and all the evidence that suggests otherwise, is fabricated and planted so that we think we and the Earth have been a round a lot longer. Since there is no one alive that is 200 years old to disprove what I am saying, who is to say this isn't simply act 3 of a play with a very elaborate prefabricated history and well crafted back drop ? What if nothing existed before you, and your whole life is some cosmic version of the Truman show?

INTJ: LOL Darwinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, that's rather like a recent conversation with the housemate. Although it ended with more of a "Yeah, no." response. Over thinking every possibility is awesome :unsure:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love this thread. Poor INTJs. So book smart. So real world dumb. :hug: And INFPs? Love 'em. But this thread does have INFPs tendency to ponder such imponderables as "what color gala fundraiser dress should I wear that embodies my feelings about curing Diabetes" thing pegged. LOL!

I almost think we need to suggest a formal structure. For example:
  • So and INFP and INTJ are in a bar.
  • And the INFP says: XXXXX
  • And the INTJ responds: XXXXXX
Oh let the awesome, one-dimensional but oh so accurate type teasing begin. :devil:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your premise is flawed. What would an INTJ be doing in a bar?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your premise is flawed. What would an INTJ be doing in a bar?

I dragged him there, kicking and screaming (grumbling and frowning), to meet a few others for a discussion on a topic he's interested in. :D