INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

My smile is either

or

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I thought it looked a lot like the pedophile smile.

Coincidence!? YOU DECIDE!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I thought it looked a lot like the pedophile smile.

Coincidence!? YOU DECIDE!
    LOL.. if you only knew what was going on when that pic was taken. I don't think anyone would accuse me of being pedophile

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

oh no.. i'm afraid i come across more "pedophile" than "amelie"..
    my smile says "i'm a bit shy, but not unpleasant."
    or
    "i don't like my teeth!"
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I really don't see a pattern...

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    My smile is either

I do a smile something like this... closed mouth, looking down with the sideglance up & raised brows. I also tilt my head that way - I have a lot of photos at a similar angle & my family always says that's how I angle my head in person.

I used to hide my mouth/face when I laughed/smiled too, but not anymore. Not quite as shy anymore, I guess. I have a rather big, goofy grin when I actually do laugh (thanks dad ), and I've been told I laugh with my whole body, even throw my head back a bit (thanks mom ). I definitely don't get that "sheepish" look.

I normally make eye contact in conversation, except when I smile I look down and then maybe do a sideglance. I almost never touch people in conversation - I find that very awkward.

And like a few here, I don't smile all that often. I'm often prompted to by people . When I do smile, it probably is a shy/nervous thing - something I've consciously adopted to offset the "aloof" vibes I give - or I'm actually laughing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Description/Specific Thought: Hi, I don't really know you but here's a smile to ease the mood. I am a little bit shy and a little bit nervous and a little bit I don't know what I am doing, so here take a smile just to ease things up.

"During conversation INFps have a tendency to maintain eye contact and to touch their interlocutors hand. They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them." - Intuitive-Ethical Intratim - INFp (The Romantic)

No, I don't practice this. I did not really notice I do this.
    that description is so vague...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I used to hide my mouth/face when I laughed/smiled too, but not anymore. Not quite as shy anymore, I guess.
    It's been the opposite for me. I've never done it until about a couple years ago.

I have a rather big, goofy grin when I actually do laugh (thanks dad ), and I've been told I laugh with my whole body, even throw my head back a bit (thanks mom ). I definitely don't get that "sheepish" look.

I normally make eye contact in conversation, except when I smile I look down and then maybe do a sideglance. I almost never touch people in conversation - I find that very awkward.

And like a few here, I don't smile all that often. I'm often prompted to by people . When I do smile, it probably is a shy/nervous thing - something I've consciously adopted to offset the "aloof" vibes I give - or I'm actually laughing.
    Laughing is a whole other thing entirely. Mine has always been very hearty: my shoulders shake a bit, I too throw my head back a little, and if it's hilarious the laughing tears will come. Though, having picked up on the vibe of other INFPs here, I don't think that sort of appreciative, exuberant, open-mouthed laughter is typical. I may be wrong, I don't know, but I've always done it and am still very much INFP

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I really don't see a pattern...

I do a smile something like this... closed mouth, looking down with the sideglance up & raised brows. I also tilt my head that way - I have a lot of photos at a similar angle & my family always says that's how I angle my head in person.

I used to hide my mouth/face when I laughed/smiled too, but not anymore. Not quite as shy anymore, I guess. I have a rather big, goofy grin when I actually do laugh (thanks dad ), and I've been told I laugh with my whole body, even throw my head back a bit (thanks mom ). I definitely don't get that "sheepish" look.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    It's been the opposite for me. I've never done it until about a couple years ago.

Laughing is a whole other thing entirely. Mine has always been very hearty: my shoulders shake a bit, I too throw my head back a little, and if it's hilarious the laughing tears will come. Though, having picked up on the vibe of other INFPs here, I don't think that sort of appreciative, exuberant, open-mouthed laughter is typical. I may be wrong, I don't know, but I've always done it and am still very much INFP
    Hmm.. these 2 posts make me wonder. I don't laugh very often either.
    If I stay in half control , I end up almost hissing.
    But more often I don't and It's the same description .. when I do laugh, it's very hearty and I throw my head back and my body shakes and I often literally keel over.
    Maybe this is common??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The smile I give to someone I pass on the street: Nervous, wide-eyed type that you give a dog you think may bite.

Somebody compliments me: Sincere, modest grin.

Laughing: Cover my mouth...

Laughing hysterically: Crazy "I just escaped the mental hospital and I'm here to kill all of you." smile...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

WTF, INFPs can't have a monopoly on touching people while exposing them to creepy smiles! :steam:
    In Soviet Russia, people touch INFPs and make creepy smile!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come