• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Seeing a guide dog = instant tears for me

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
one time i saw a guide dog and on its thing it said no touching. and I was like most resist, and I did.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm trying to share more IRL, and I'll get started by sharing online, so please allow me this small indulgence. I just moved to the city from the South, and I need to break out of my comfy little shell in some small way. It's a little bit of therapy I guess. So, here goes:

Whenever I see a guide dog (seeing-eye dog) doing its job, I cry a little... instantly and invariably. And my heart hurts in the BEST way. Not sobs or anything, but my eyes do fill with tears.

It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, what I'm doing, or where I'm going -- I have to stop and watch, and smile. And I think the world isn't so bad after all, because here is a perfect creature, right in front of me.

The impulse to hug that dog and protect it forever from any and all pain, and somehow tell it that I think it is perfect, and that I love it, is completely overwhelming. But I'm happy to just stand there and cry and smile.

Animals are without sin, and animals that help us like that are angels, right here on Earth. I think it's the closest to believing in God that I will ever get.

Confession: I saw one yesterday and one this morning, and just thinking about them, and typing this, is making me cry. Sheesh! :cry:

And yes, I cry easily and often, but never for sadness or anger... always for beauty or empathy. And those service animals are pure and perfect beauty, at least to me.

Yeah well in other news orangotangos are raping village women somewhere, and lions are attacking humans etc... There is no sin, because morality doesn't apply to animals, that's why.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Can we really call it "rape" since "morality doesn't apply" in this case? Isn't rape a human construct, defined by our perception of morality? And, the lions are acting on instinct, aren't they? They're either trying to eat, or trying to protect their domain, I would say.

So, you're applying human concepts to animals, just like I am, except yours are negative where mine are positive.

Therefore, I reject your statement, and for the same reason you rejected mine.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow! Now THAT sounds like a great idea. It would certainly be hard to give up the dog, but I'm sure it would be made much easier knowing how much it would eventually help another person. I'm really good with animals too, so I know I would be good at it. I am already considering doing this.

I live alone (for the first time ever... yikes), so it would help me tremendously to have someone to take care of again.

--

EDIT: I just went to the site -- have you seen the puppy-cam? :hug:

I am seriously thinking about doing this! At the very least I will make donations. THANK YOU!

P.S. I'm not a joiner (and I mean NOT AT ALL - it's chronic), but I am already so glad I joined this site. :)

Well I'm glad that I showed that to you then. :)

Let me know if you do actually end up doing it. I could even put you in contact with my roommate if you wanted, so you could get more info.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've already started looking for organizations that are closer to me geographically. It is something I am definitely considering. If it works out for me I might have some questions for your roommate, so thanks for the offer.

One way or another though, I will become involved in this process. I think it will somehow validate my strong emotions regarding these beautiful animals. :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Can we really call it "rape" since "morality doesn't apply" in this case? Isn't rape a human construct, defined by our perception of morality? And, the lions are acting on instinct, aren't they? They're either trying to eat, or trying to protect their domain, I would say.

So, you're applying human concepts to animals, just like I am, except yours are negative where mine are positive.

Therefore, I reject your statement, and for the same reason you rejected mine.

What kind of skew logic is that? lol

No I'm not applying human concepts in a negative manner, I was saying that it's a moot point since morality isn't involved when it comes to animals. Using negative to explain how even positives shouldn't apply.

So if you agree we can't blame them for rape or murder, then we can't necessarily "praise" them for acts they've simply been trained to do.

H

Hate

These are the kind of guide dogs that people need where I live.

633806773807241595-PetHyena.jpg

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
aww!! well people like you who's eyes are so open to the beauty in the world make me wanna cry for how pure and beautiful people can be....such a sweet soul you are. :hug:

Thanks, Lady X! And here's a hug for you... :hug:

I used to think it was a burden (feeling so much and so intensely that it becomes distracting), but as life goes on I'm getting "harder," so I'm glad I have that deep pool of emotions to swim around in. :yes: