User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know! it's a freakin crazy thing tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

A window to the soul

Hmmm.... intuition is a very interesting fuzzy thing indeed. Intuition opens our eyes/ears, demands our attention (even when we try to ignore it), takes us on a journey to discover the truth and can keep us out of sticky situations if we listen to it carefully. IMO intuition is a good thing when used as intended.

...that is, in combination with patience and self-control. IMHO.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's ok. If you can look at it just as an experiment and not get your feelings hurt, then give the other person a chance. But otherwise ... you don't owe anybody anything, but you owe yourself basic protection. Think of what you would tell a friend if they asked you, "I have a bad feeling about this person. Should I proceed to engage with them?" Er, no. Like if you smell dog poop, you don't step in it just to make sure. (sorry if that's crude)

Enneagram
    CFV

It wasn't crude, no worries. I think I just keep giving people chances in hope that someday there will be someone that proves me wrong. I want to find some golden dog excrement =P

Have any of you had a time where your intuition was wrong and it ruined something horribly? Not necessarily a relationship, just in general.

A window to the soul

^no. only when i ignored it.

Enneagram
    CFV

Have you ever had it just be completely wrong on someone/something?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    What you are asking is hard for me to answer in a concrete fashion because my idea of intuition is that it's always right (w/ degrees of uncertainy). if something goes wrong, then i blame myself that i acted in hast and made an emotional decision. i wish i could articulate this better, but i'm just not sure.

EDIT: ...but no, i've never felt that my intuition ever led me wrong.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Sometimes, depends on the person and the thing in question.

In hindsight to my response to your original post, I think that the best thing to do is to initially trust your gut, but look for evidence of what your gut is telling you to prove whether your intuition is correct. If the evidence is consistent with your intuition, chances are, it's definitely steering you the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Enneagram
    CFV

Ok, thank you for the thoughts and opinions
    I'm only 16 and I'm still trying to get a hold of what to trust and what not to trust with intuition. I thought what I now know as "intuition" was just me being judgmental>.<
    But in a sense, I guess it is.

100%. OP, be careful. The Ni doms spend much more time internally understanding their intuitions than we do, so I place more trust in the INFJ intuition than I would an ENFP.

ENFPs are very well known for reading into situations or becoming offended upon an Ne-ism. Later we realized we acted too quickly and were totally wrong about the motives of the other person.

Id suggest keeping your gut feelings in reserve as a very relevant data point-but behaving objectively until more concrete evidence can back up your thoughts. What you so should be based on the length, depth and requirements surrounding the relationship. Be cautious about any quick actions.