• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NFs focus on what is said more than most people?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not quite sure. I'd say I pay attention but I also keep an eye out of what is more overt- I take subtle hints as that- subtle hints and no more. I'll usually ask directly and not make too many assumptions. I'll definitely ask. I go off that more, I look at the message over the presentation so you could say. I kinda sum it up into what the person needs to say or actually intended to say and filter out the rest, it matters lesser how they're saying it.

I'm very difficult to offend, not because I am a patient person, but usually unless people can explain why they think a certain way or why they did a certain thing, it is very easy for me to dismiss them. Think of it as watching a dog foolishly barking.

it just seems that we NFs spend a LOT of time reflecting on things other people have said or done, and we try to find meaning in speech, so sometimes our N's deductive reasoning can get distorted by our F's emotions in that regard.

I wouldn't say I read too deeply into words to that extent.
If anything, most complain about how dry I am. When I'm being serious, I am also terrible at wielding body language, even inflection. I speak rather monotone and am rather deadpan, so sometimes people try reading into it too much or say there is nothing at all. I also miss a lot of emotional cues, or outright ignore them.