• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] The NF Males' List of Deal Breakers (Rip off)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If that's true and not just satire, then you should know that your name, your tag line, and your avatar scream chick.

You might need to apply for sexual reassignment.
Which way?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If that's true and not just satire, then you should know that your name, your tag line, and your avatar scream chick.

You might need to apply for sexual reassignment.

Or after seeing the half & half carton you just posted, methinks you might have already done so. ;)

actually the subtitle says "look for the woman" which may mean a man looking for a woman???? so it doesn't necessarily scream chick

I'm very confused.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:rofl1:This thread is gonna end up being moved into the mature section if we stay on this path.

I want to think that the thread got derailed, but I keep getting an image of the train going into a tunnel for some reason :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
K. My cheeks are sealed.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Anyway... back on topic

My 6 potential deal breakers
- Controlling, Constrictive - *gasp* *wheeze* Can't breathe...Need air... *dies in the grasp of the anaconda*
- Clingy - Sorry dear. I can't be with you 24/7/365.25
- Cold - Emotionless and lacks a sense of humour. Need someone who laughs at my jokes dangit :D
- Chatterbox - Loves the sound of her own voice way too much and just goes on and on and on. tl;dl
- Cheating, Conniving - Values and personal integrity are kinda important to me

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Anyway... back on topic

My 6 potential deal breakers
- Controlling, Constrictive - *gasp* *wheeze* Can't breathe...Need air... *dies in the grasp of the anaconda*
- Clingy - Sorry dear. I can't be with you 24/7/365.25
- Cold - Emotionless and lacks a sense of humour. Need someone who laughs at my jokes dangit :D
- Chatterbox - Loves the sound of her own voice way too much and just goes on and on and on. tl;dl
- Cheating, Conniving - Values and personal integrity are kinda important to me

I just noticed that all your deal breakers begin with the letter C. So in the same tradition as the 5 Cs of Singapore, we've got the 7 Cs of William K. Ha ha! Your alliteration is most impressive.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
All of the examples regarding mental health seem to qualify as 'abusive'.

Why don't you change the criterion to 'not abusive' instead of blanketing all mental illness as a problem?

Good idea. You are helping me clean up the mess I make for myself ... thank you. :)

I had no idea that my mental health position would cause so much problems. I actually thought it would be more positive as I would be willing to start a relationship with someone with a mental illness. Oh well.

Yes, if the person's mental health condition causes that person to be physically abusive in any way, then I will say "no". Otherwise, I can work with it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and lets face it.. a list, equals conditions .. so much for NF's and unconditional love eh?

Waaaait a sec - didn't you make the thread about unconditional love basically being bogus?

Everyone has conditions....would you date a child molester? No? That's a condition.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think anybody was making a blanket statement about mental illness itself as a problem. Its just something that has to be factored in. When you're sharing your life with someone, you each bring your own problems into the relationship. After that, a vast majority of the individuals problems become the problem of BOTH parties in a close relationship. The person's problem affects the relationship and thereby the other person as well. That's something a lot of people forget. That's why communication skills are so important for the success of a relationship. You see a lot relationships end because one person wasn't even made aware of the problem in a relationship until it was too late(or the person with the problem shut out the partner and tried to handle it all on their own), instead of talking and resolving things as a couple. If the way a person is handling their mental illness severely undermines their ability to trust and/or communicate with their partner(2 major foundations for a solid relationship), then the relationship is going to be very tumultuous and likely short-lived.
Ok so
-communicates
-not abusive

still don't see a need to discriminate based on mental health.
Good idea. You are helping me clean up the mess I make for myself ... thank you. :)

I had no idea that my mental health position would cause so much problems. I actually thought it would be more positive as I would be willing to start a relationship with someone with a mental illness.
>.< That's kind of the problem right there. That people assume mental health problems are a no-go. You're right that it is a positive thing, but...

sigh... this is not the right thread for that crusade.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, everyone seems to have some kind of crusade, and yet I couldn't think of one if I tried. Everything I think about just hits the reality wall and I wonder how reasonable it really is. What's the point anymore?

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Heh, everyone seems to have some kind of crusade, and yet I couldn't think of one if I tried. Everything I think about just hits the reality wall and I wonder how reasonable it really is. What's the point anymore?

D: No! Maybe you're depressed :(

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL. I think I now know, conclusively, how to spot female INTPs in the wild. :D

(I ain't saying you're horndogs, what I mean is that I've finally 'pinned down' the vibe, so to speak)
Damn. What gave me away? The third leg?
:D

G

garbage

Must Have
Drive
Curiosity
Understanding
A sense of adventure

Deal Breakers
No drive
No curiosity
No understanding
No sense of adventure

v:)v

hjomn

MBTI Type
ENfP
MUST HAVE:

- Humor
- Ability to strike up an interesting conversation
- Admire total honesty (even if it can be difficult)
- Understand why I function the way I do

DEALBREAKERS:

- Non-authenticity (makes me wonder who I have in front of me)
- Whining
- Not letting herself be seen (even though you actually really try your best to see why a person works the way she doe)