• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] The NF Females' List of Deal Breakers

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i dig divorcees...someone who's walked on broken glass.

i don't know what i want.

dealbreaker:
-bad table manners and eats like a 3rd world convict.
-mama's boys. my penis envy automatically becomes flaccid.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Things I require before committing to a man:

1. Full family background history on mood and personality disorders.
2. A relationship analysis between him and his mother and his mother and father.
3. Completion of some sort of puzzle/jigaw.

I want to have smart, healthy babies that respect their mommy, thank-you.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

2. A relationship analysis between him and his mother and his mother and father.

Part of babies that respect their mommy also requires a mommy who doesn't take them for granted hoping food and roof are all they need.

sandpaper

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
as for me, someone i feel safe with would do just fine. then again, i think i'd only feel safe with people with certain qualities but making a list of deal breakers is just...
sometimes i actually feel like i value people for their flaws rather than qualities. so i could make up a list of uh... good qualities that are deal breakers?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

1. & 2. LOL! Sounds like someone has been burned in the past.

3. Huh?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Part of babies that respect their mommy also requires a mommy who doesn't take them for granted hoping food and roof are all they need.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you meant by this post.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you meant by this post.

A response to the bolded.

It's rare, but I just happened to have the kind of mother you end up more mature than when you reach adolesence. It can be quite the stressor when the most chemically and socially chaotic time of your life is punctuated by a parent who has less control of themselves than you have of yourself.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^In highschool, I realized my mother was a 16 y/o and I was more mature at 14.

i dig divorcees...someone who's walked on broken glass.

i don't know what i want.

dealbreaker:
-bad table manners and eats like a 3rd world convict.
-mama's boys. my penis envy automatically becomes flaccid.

This post made me smile, especially the last part. ;D

I think I'm going to start insisting on completion of some type of puzzle, now. Possibly with promise of cake.

Edit: some of the questions of OkCupid are basically to weed out dummies.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Everyone is going to have mood and personality disorders in their family...including you, right?

And what's the analysis of your own relationship with your parents and between them?

I think this rivals one or two other lists on here for possibly being THE most unrealistic.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^In highschool, I realized my mother was a 16 y/o and I was more mature at 14.

I joked about my mother being a kindergardener when I was 10, after 13 I had people over 40 commenting that I was more well behaved than my mother. It's one thing to perceive it, it's another when other adults are confirming it...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
these lists are RIDICULOUS :laugh:

I think my own list has exactly 5 things...sure, there are many things I might "think" I would prefer, but there are only 5 things that "must be".

I actually heard on the radio about this book some woman journalist wrote recently about the most common deal breakers/requirements for a second date. She found that men had about 3 on average (usually being: cute 'enough', kind, interesting to talk to). She found that the women had, on average, about 300 different deal breakers/requirements!!! hahaha.

Outside of "kind", I find the 2 of the 3 pretty shallow compared to what many of the lists in here have. It seems to simply lack detailing the obvious & elaborating on what "interesting to talk to" & "cute enough" means to these men individually rather than being less picky (ie. Would you date a pedophile? No? that's a dealbreaker, albeit obvious). Vague doesn't equal less picky....it just means you're less articulate in describing what you desire.

Different perspectives I guess....

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
it just means you're less articulate in describing what you desire..

Exactly that. :yes: OrangeAppled explained what I meant with one sentence when I post somewhere a paragraph about it.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Everyone is going to have mood and personality disorders in their family...including you, right?

And what's the analysis of your own relationship with your parents and between them?

I think this rivals one or two other lists on here for possibly being THE most unrealistic.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions here. I stated the information I would like supplied; not the results I would settle for.

The most accurate and reliable indicator of how a man will treat you in a relationship can be deduced from observing how his father treats his mother.

I would like my husband to have a good relationship with his mother for other reasons.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Thats just wrong. A lot of the women have made objective list. Those 3 subjective dealbreakers cover it for me. Why? Because a pedophile normally isn't cute, or kind. I mean, it captures all the negatives I could think of and generally negates them. Cute & Interesting to talk often implies enough.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thats just wrong. A lot of the women have made objective list. Those 3 subjective dealbreakers cover it for me. Why? Because a pedophile normally isn't cute, or kind. I mean, it captures all the negatives I could think of and generally negates them. Cute & Interesting to talk often implies enough.

I dunno, i agree with OrangeAppled..i don't think either list is more subjective or objective than the other, looking back i can see a lot of those things just being elaborations on kind, cute, and interesting to talk to (and maybe a couple others). Yes those 3 things ARE subjective, but i don't see spelling out what those words mean on a personal level is necessarily any more objective than being vague about it..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The most accurate and reliable indicator of how a man will treat you in a relationship can be deduced from observing how his father treats his mother.

Um.

I would like my husband to have a good relationship with his mother for other reasons.

Just be careful. If he has too good of a relationship with his mother, there won't be room for you, dear. :coffee:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

"Awesome" often implies enough. That's not the point of these topics thought. The point is to be explicit not implicit.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

That's not true. Pedophiles, killers, sociopaths work and live among "normal" folks and often blend in so perfectly because of their perfection. You'd never be able to tell until it was too late. Dudes are vague. Women are not. That doesn't make our lists "unrealistic" or unworthy of consideration. In general, people seem to find the way men communicate (vague and often shallow) more acceptable while women are seen as asking for too much when we have details. Interesting.

Men are so vague. I wonder why?