• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] The NF Females' List of Deal Breakers

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Imagining all of this coming from your avatar is pretty great.

I had a picture that is the most perfect representation of this post/avatar combo, but alas i can't find it :(

thirtiesgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I cracked up when I read your list. I MUST come over to your house and watch midget wrestling, drag racing and bowling, while making very derisive and witty commentary à la MST3K.

No car? Yeah, I think if you don't have your crap together enough to have a car you don't get past the gate. (Exceptions always apply of course.)

Heh. I've given plenty of carless guys a chance because, aside from not having a car, I thought they were pretty great guys at first. Once I learned their reasons for not having a car (everything from one too many DUIs to letting an ex-girlfriend essentially steal it from them), I realized they had too many issues that got in the way of their 'good guy-ness.'

Now midget wrestling (which is actually a horrible name; I should refer to it as 'little person wrestling,' but it just doesn't have the same ring), I have no problem with snarky commentary. I mean, that's what it's for. Drag racing and bowling, on the other hand... :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you're missing the whole point if you really think all of this is about NF hate, it's about hating NFs when they're being too idealistic with they're heads so far up their own asses to realize they're being too idealistic.

Eh, I think you're the one being too idealistic and not able to see another perspective in this case. I think you're judging by your ideals of how a person should approach dating & what kind of weeding out process they should have (if any). This thread is NOT as serious as you seem to think it is. I think esoteric has repeatedly pointed out this is just a imaginative thread to explore feelings about relationships.

I still don't see why the NFs get the flak for the dealbreakers lists anyway....the NT's lists were looking rather strict to me, and the SP dealbreakers amounted to "no sign of a pulse - but that's negotiable too" which is disturbing in a whole different way.... I really think people get threatened in some manner when NFs are not all-accepting, benefit of the doubt giving, over-empathizing with losers and putting their own needs on the backburner.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really think people get threatened in some manner when NFs are not all-accepting, benefit of the doubt giving, over-empathizing with losers and putting their own needs on the backburner.

No, that's not it at all.

I don't think anyone expects NFs to act like ISFJs.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, seriously, that Twilight shit has got to go.

Well maybe he was talking about that True Blood shit, dayum grrl!

*Try Gettin' Ya Vamp Refs Straight Next Time, Boo!

Seriously, why am I still up?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Eh, I think you're the one being too idealistic and not able to see another perspective in this case. I think you're judging by your ideals of how a person should approach dating & what kind of weeding out process they should have (if any). This thread is NOT as serious as you seem to think it is. I think esoteric has repeatedly pointed out this is just a imaginative thread to explore feelings about relationships.

I still don't see why the NFs get the flak for the dealbreakers lists anyway....the NT's lists were looking rather strict to me, and the SP dealbreakers amounted to "no sign of a pulse - but that's negotiable too" which is disturbing in a whole different way.... I really think people get threatened in some manner when NFs are not all-accepting, benefit of the doubt giving, over-empathizing with losers and putting their own needs on the backburner.

I guffawed loudly enough that it disturbed my dog. Fantastic. (I could say it's the perfect TRUENESS of your statement that makes it so damn funny... But I shan't. I don't want to stir up any more ire.) :smile:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
their's nothing wrong with being idealistic except when it's taken to an extreme like people in this thread are doing.

What's the problem though? Is it affecting you? Is it harming anyone? Can't we all be crazy and left alone about it as long as we don't jailwalk?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
you're missing the whole point if you really think all of this is about NF hate, it's about hating NFs when they're being too idealistic with they're heads so far up their own asses to realize they're being too idealistic.

What's the problem though? Is it affecting you? Is it harming anyone? Can't we all be crazy and left alone about it as long as we don't jailwalk?

I'm with Sytpg, here. This is an NF forum. One of the things I love about this forum is that I can be NF to my heart's delight. I can't do this in my home or my workplace. When I'm IRL, I am the minority. I have to accommodate all the SPs and SJs and even the occasional NT.

All NFs have a special kinship. We're all on the same wavelength, in terms of our cognitive preferences. I feel as if I'm among my own people when I tool around on the NF Idyllic forum.

So why get frustrated when a duck quacks? Instead, why not embrace and celebrate it. Those damn Ss have got us outnumbered anyway. We've gotta stick together.

NFs UNITE!!!!!! :hug: NFs UNITE!!!!!!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those damn Ss have got us outnumbered anyway.

NFs UNITE!!!!!! :hug: NFs UNITE!!!!!!

I know you say you love sensors, but your words don't add up. Do you think being an NF makes you superior in some way, because your type is "rarer"? What I'm trying to say is that a person is a person, and we all share the same functions in different amounts.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know you say you love sensors, but your words don't add up. Do you think being an NF makes you superior in some way, because your type is "rarer"? What I'm trying to say is that a person is a person, and we all share the same functions in different amounts.

:yes:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

How do you infer that from Wench's words there? :shock:

And can we stop with the political correctness here for a second? Personally I AM superior to Ss in lots of ways yes. You can quote me on that. If nothing else in Nness.

I get fed up of Ss after a while. It's not that I don't like them. They are just all over the place. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with liking to be an N and liking to bask in Nness every now and then.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you infer that from Wench's words there? :shock:

And can we stop with the political correctness here for a second? Personally I AM superior to Ss in lots of ways yes. You can quote me on that. If nothing else in Nness.

I get fed up of Ss after a while. It's not that I don't like them. They are just all over the place. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with liking to be an N and liking to bask in Nness every now and then.

I infer it from several statements made in this thread. And others. I can go through and quote if you wish. The us against them mentality also speaks mountains.

This is probably just a difference in our opinions though, but I think when feelings of superiority come in, then your judgement can be clouded. I get annoyed by people's behavior patterns more than type though.

It's fine to like being an N, but I think you don't have to hate on sensors to enjoy that.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I infer it from several statements made in this thread. And others. I can go through and quote if you wish. The us against them mentality also speaks mountains.

This is probably just a difference in our opinions though, but I think when feelings of superiority come in, then your judgement can be clouded. I get annoyed by people's behavior patterns more than type though.

It's fine to like being an N, but I think you don't have to hate on sensors to enjoy that.

I hate you so I can love myself. What of it?

Hate is such a strong word. I just consider S losers in some ways, much like they consider me losers in some ways. Much like I consider a loser for being a J. What of it? Are you gonna fight me?:cheese:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate you so I can love myself. What of it?

Hate is such a strong word. I just consider S losers in some ways, much like they consider me losers in some ways. Much like I consider a loser for being a J. What of it? Are you gonna fight me?:cheese:

Nah. Male NFs are too adorable to fight.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ok this is getting really silly now :alttongue: how this turned into an S vs. N pissing contest i can't understand.

All I'm seeing is defensiveness, not "superiority". From my perspective, this is understandable seeing as, for whatever reason, some people feel this compelling need to come in with harsh words like saying they find us gross or that we are unrealistic/nitpicky or that we have our heads up our asses. My question is "from who's perspective?" It seems to me that they are the ones making judgments and calling names based on what they think is important or not.

nitpicking |ˈnitˌpiki ng | informal
adjective
looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, esp. in order to criticize unnecessarily : a nitpicking legalistic exercise.

This is the problem here. Look, i don't claim to say that i found everything on everyone's list "important" to me, but who the fuck am I to make that call? I know that every single thing i listed on there, based on my personal experience, is important to me. Granted, the importance is in varying degrees, but important nonetheless.

For example the sports fan thing; it's not about sports, they're fun! But half of my family are ridiculous college football fans. Like they are literally crazy, the younger ones did shit like driving around smashing mailboxes after their teams won (or lost :alttongue:) and if you weren't rooting for the "right" time you better watch out, especially if "you" lost. It's not about sports, it's about an attitude I find unattractive, intimidating, and generally uncomfortable for me to be around even in small doses. Luckily, most of us appeared to have the understanding that things like these are negotiable if found in the right balance.

Notice not a single person said that any of the people who have deal-breakers (or don't have the 'must-haves') are "bad" people; they simply aren't the kind of people with whom they want to be in relationships...And this is somehow claiming we are better than? Does not compute.

Maybe these things some listed aren't important to any of you but hey, it's been working just fine for me and overall I've had great partners who meet my standards. So for people to have the gall to come in here and be so critical (nitpicky, even :D), and say we're unrealistic and have our heads up our asses when really, a lot of us seem to be doing just fine with what we have here, and then say that we're "holier than thou" just seems really silly.

janga549

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Will "dreamy, romantic, elegant, and expressive" do?