• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] The NF Females' List of Deal Breakers

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is wrong with being idealistic? Where is this magical line when you cross over to become too idealistic? And if these lists aren't meant to be taken literally, does it really matter if they are idealistic or not?

I'd say your post illustrates the point I was trying to make earlier about how I see this as a classic S / N miscommunication.

The NFs are dismayed that the Ss are getting so upset over a frolic. The Ss think the Ns are so up in the clouds that they aren't being realistic... and this up in the clouds (aka holier than thou / aka stuck up / aka not in touch reality) aspect of NF behavior really chaps their S fannies.

OK. So what. Seems like no big deal to me if you look at things this way.

Why can't we all agree that Ss and Ns see things differently and then choose to see the best in the other's way of seeing the world. You Ss could use a little more idealism. We Ns could use a little more Ss grounding in reality.

Seems like the only real faux pas is to be too extreme in either direction.

:cheers:

Seems like anything else is pointless and fruitless.

Has it occurred to you that prpl and I are Ns who are more balanced on S who are pointing out that you guys aren't balanced enough on N/S?

I think that's a real possibility here.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a guy, I'd be more affected by these standards than you ladies and my honest opinion is: if it's working for them, awesome; if it's not, they'll either change (alone or with help) or deserve what additional failures they encounter. The debate seems pointless...

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
their's nothing wrong with being idealistic except when it's taken to an extreme like people in this thread are doing. I never said their was anything wrong with being idealistic.BTW I'm INFP, I do not identify with any other type.You just don't want me to be an NF because I don't agree with something. which is a pretty fucked reason IMO

The only reason I didn't think you were an NF is that someone said something earlier in the thread that I understood as you being S. I obviously misunderstood, and I apologize.

But it doesn't really matter if you're NF or not. My point remains the same.

What is wrong with being idealistic? Where is this magical line when you cross over to become too idealistic? And if these lists aren't meant to be taken literally, does it really matter if they are idealistic or not?

Runvardh couldn't have said it any better.

As a guy, I'd be more affected by these standards than you ladies and my honest opinion is: if it's working for them, awesome; if it's not, they'll either change (alone or with help) or deserve what additional failures they encounter. The debate seems pointless...

OK, so you think people are being too idealistic. OK. I tool around on the NT threads and sometimes think they are being too... well too NT. But I don't get upset with them or get frustrated. In fact, I find it rather endearing. (Especially when the INTJs get all INTJ-y, but I digress).

So I agree with what runvardh said. I respectfully submit that debating this seems pointless to me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no you're point doesn't you said it was an N/S miscommunication. so how the fuck does that make sense?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
no you're point doesn't you said it was an N/S miscommunication. so how the fuck does that make sense?

Can you please clarify. I don't understand the question. :smile:

And can we please refrain from the ad hominem undertones. No need to start swearing and get ugly. We can disagree with each other respectfully.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Has it occurred to you that prpl and I are Ns who are more balanced on S who are pointing out that you guys aren't balanced enough on N/S?

I think that's a real possibility here.

I am not very balanced on N/S. I always test super N. Like 100%. So you are very right about me. But even so, I return to my earlier question: if these lists aren't meant to be taken literally, what does it matter if they are too idealistic? I guess that I feel like this is something I wouldn't argue with most Ns. If the lists aren't meant to be taken literally, doesn't this undercut any argument about whether they are too idealistic or not?

I might be over-extrapolating, but it just seems to me that the only people that get sooo worked up about being too N, are Ss. And usually it's dominant function Ss (ESFP, ESTP, ISFJ, ISTJ). That's my anecdotal experience. And that may or may not apply here.

So what I probably didn't say very clearly, was that I'm puzzled about why what you have identified as the "too idealistic" approach on this thread seems to bother both you and prpl so much. This is, I guess, my underlying point.... that this doesn't seem like it's worth getting worked up about.

Frankly, I read angry and frustrated tones in both your posts re: this matter. If I misread, then let me apologize in advance.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not very balanced on N/S. I always test super N. Like 100%. So you are very right.

I might be over-extrapolating, but it just seems to me that the only people that get sooo worked up about being too N, are Ss. And usually it's dominant function Ss. That's my anecdotal experience. And that may or may not apply here.

So what I probably didn't say very clearly, was that I'm puzzled about why what you identified as the "too idealistic" approach a lot of the NFs posting to this list are taking seems to bother both you and prpl so much. This is, I guess, my underlying point.... that this doesn't seem like it's worth getting worked up about.

And frankly, I read angry and frustrated tones in both your posts on this matter. If I misread, then let me apologize in advance.

Was that a sneaky way of calling someone a sensor?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Was that a sneaky way of calling someone a sensor?

LOL! I guess it was a sneaky way of saying that regardless of their preferences, I read they are acting in a manner consistent with sensors I've interacted with before.

And, I adore my sensor friends, so no insult is intended... regardless of whether they are NFs or Ss.

:smile:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Can you please clarify. I don't understand the question. :smile:

And can we please refrain from the ad hominem undertones. No need to start swearing and get ugly. We can disagree with each other respectfully.

what ad hominem undertones?

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I'd say your post illustrates the point I was trying to make earlier about how I see this as a classic S / N miscommunication.

The NFs are dismayed that the Ss are getting so upset over a frolic. The Ss think the Ns are so up in the clouds that they aren't being realistic... and this up in the clouds (aka holier than thou / aka stuck up / aka not in touch reality) aspect of NF behavior really chaps their S fannies.

OK. So what. Seems like no big deal to me if you chalk it up to S/N differences.

Why can't we all agree that Ss and Ns see things differently and then choose to see the best in the other's way of seeing the world. You Ss could use a little more idealism. We Ns could use a little more Ss grounding in reality. Bickering over these foundational differences between the N and S perspective is both pointless and fruitless.

Seems like the only real faux pas is to be too extreme in either the S or N direction.

:cheers:

We like it a little trippy and it scares them.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
But there's nothing that seems to trip you guys out more than intuitives siding with sensors.

So who's afraid?

You say that like my "trip" is bad. I love the surreal. :headphne:

Edit: Like someone said, it's just a way to frolic, which is like feeling young again. Helps to keep it all interesting.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You say that like my "trip" is bad. I love the surreal. :headphne:

Edit: Like someone said, it's just a way to frolic, which is like feeling young again. Helps to keep it all interesting.

Paris.jpg

Liking surrrealism doesn't make you an N. Just know.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ladies, I'm right here. Just sayin'. :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hehe, well I'm a big guy, I don't want to scare anybody off. But I'm relatively confident in myself. Getting moreso by the second.