• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and communcication.

G

garbage

no... just saying i like conversation to flow...ideas and perspectives bounced back and forth in an exploratory sharing sort of way. i don't enjoy stopping to convince someone of anything i have no desire to push my opinions on others and don't appreciate it done to me...i can play devils advocate in a detached way about ideas all day long with someone...just exploring certain points that i'm not attached to but if it's my opinion...don't debate me on it....it's annoying.

god, this exactly

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I spend most of my day conversing with people and I'm pretty good at it but I it's mostly superficial stuff. For me, real conversation comes down to subject matter and the person I'm conversing with. When it's chit-chat, someone going on about himself, people with strong opinions who can't allow for others views, etc., then conversation isn't worth much of my time and I don't get involved. Unfortunately, I seem to be the poor sap who gets cornered at the party by people who for some reason think I'm the one person there who really wants to hear all about them.:doh:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm certainly an exception if this were ever a rule. I would imagine that INFxs in general, while being concerned about people, those with a higher F preference having a need, the I preference could affect someone's conversation skills.

I mean, introverts can indeed be good conversationalists and I know some who are but smalltalk/talking when we need our alone time may lead to a conversation that is not so fulfilling to the person who is the other half of the conversation. A lot of conversational skills had to be learned for me. It can depend on the situation and the conversation. When I try to keep the conversation going, there usually are awkward silences here and there.