• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What does an UNhealthy ENFP look like?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to understand my younger wilder days, i have seen the unhealthy ESFP thread and can identify to some degree.
I find the description of an ENFP fits me like a glove but do see some similarities in the description of an ESFP...having a natural affinity with animals and children for example.
So back to the question...any ideas?
Ta

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
- Hedonistic.
- Histrionic.
- Searching for constant positive reinforcement.
- Drinks a lot, and are total lushes when they do.
- Promiscuous.

Danse_Macabre

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Craaaazy mood swings
Pushes people who try to help them away

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
At my worst, my sense of self was shot.
Ne would swim rapidly all over the place trying to construct an external reference for my interior (stupid mistake), and forcing me to twist my personal experiences into archetypes that came to interest to Fi. The result is a state of insecurity ... and oh, remember how we're good at embodying different characteristics and causes and values? Yeah, that's gonna bite you hard, you'll look utterly schizophrenic to others. You start trying to ferret out the values out of everything that ever touched you at some point, as if somehow, along the line, you've forgotten your own self-referential and are now trying to reverse-engineer an image of self from memory [why hello to you too, inferior Si. Too bad you hurt like a b****]. Enter sudden (and oh-so innocent) obsession with psychological theory and then you'll try to embody all the possible rationalizations in the world for a) your lack of self b) your present and past behavior - only to realize there is no such perfect abstraction, waiting in the sea of academia to be found by you. Believe me, at the end of the day, having knowledge about your exact levels of personality "agreeableness" or the 7nth level of Piaget's developmental conflicts will do f***-all for you, excuse my Esperanto.

But that's me unhealthy as an adult.

I've heard stories about teen ENFPs avoiding conflict and indulging hardcore into the senses hoping it will all go away. Wasn't my experience, though. I just went into Fi-induced missions.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All these answers seem about right to me but they also seem the same as the answers for an unhealthy ESFP. I wonder if anyone would be able to tell me the difference...superficiality (ESFP)?
I have never been superficial, even in my younger wild drunken states.
I'm trying to disinguish between the two types
-unhealty ENFP V unhealthy ESFP.
Ta (again)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
17_sick_girl_laying_in_bed_with_a_t.png

poontanya

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hi, INFP here... 2 months ago, my friendship with my ENFP bestfriend ended after 13 years! This is what happened: I moved to another town, got a new job and a new boyfriend a little too fast for her. She took the sudden lack of communication very personally and FREAKED OUT. I was busy! All of a sudden she thought it was because I hated her and then she accused me of being a horrible friend and that she couldn't trust me anymore. And while she was making up conspiracy theories in her head about how I was out to get her... she decided to strike out against me by flirting with and propositioning my ex fiance to get revenge on me. Wowwwww...... crazy and insecure much? Her actual words: "Well you might not want to ignore me because it made me think you hated me so I flirted with Daniel to get back at you." First off, I wasn't ignoring her. Every time we talked it was because I instigated the conversation. She was mad because she didn't have so much of my attention as she did before I got a life! She was jealous and she was so scared of potential rejection that she started trying to get revenge on me for her own imagination.

After that I just needed a break from her. I was tired of her excuses of "Oh I did this and this because I thought.... or because you did this and I thought.... Or someone told me this and I thought...." And then when I pointed out to her that she makes up stories in her head she would not own up to it or apologize, she just kept making up excuses about how all of these other circumstances validated her conclusions and so she had every right to do what she did without asking me first. And so I stopped talking to her because I had enough and to this day she hates me for judging her. I am a bad friend for being busy and getting upset that she tries to get revenge on me behind my back for things I've never done because she's jealous but she's A GREAT FRIEND and anything she's ever done wrong is my fault and I made her do it. That's mature. Lol

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Burried in work while trying to avoid making friends. Looks like a sad puppy.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I shall cut+paste what I just wrote on another thread. :D

To OP:
...some things about immature ENFP's I know IRL that annoys me:

- Unable to tell things like they REALLY are (cannot separate facts from their feelings)
- Twists facts and is UNAWARE of it.
- Often delusional
- Overemotional
- Unable to comprehend/intolerant of impersonal reasoning
- Obnoxiously loud
- Tendency to believe their/their friends' opinion = everyone else's opinion
- Somewhat bipolar
- Projects their own emotions on others

Take everything with a grain of salt.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I know for me when I start to get all messed up inside, it turns into all of my problems being outside of my locus of control. "well I can't so this because of that..." and I start to kind of fall into this lasting idea of hopelessness because everything is out of my hands. Personally, I don't go out and party because I'm so annoyed with the world that I won't want to share in it until I'm ready

perhaps this is just me in my shadow but yeah

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
psychological rapists.... they prod into parts of your psyche that you'd rather not deal with for FUN... they are purely EVIL :steam:

R

Riva

Oh they could be careless. Really careless. And they would also be oblivious to people's feelings.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a great example of an unhealthy ENFP.