• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Extreme Fi

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Quick question, any married female ENFP's out there?
Did you change your last name?
If yes, did you feel like you were abandoning yourself when developing this new 'identity'?

sculpting

i was married, eventually changed my name and yes felt like a sell out....not an identity loss but more that i was giving into the system rather than fighting back. But his last name was cooler than mine....I dumped him but kept the name :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate my last name - I'd LOVE to change it. I definitely don't associate my identity with it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I loved my name but I was young when I got married (20) and ended up getting a pretty cool name. I did name my daughter Isabelle. (my maiden was bell) :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Quick question, any married female ENFP's out there?
Did you change your last name?
If yes, did you feel like you were abandoning yourself when developing this new 'identity'?

I knew one Fi dom/aux couple who linked together their last names because they didn't want to have to sacrifice one identity for the relationship. For others, each person still kept their family name.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
how do you think an ISTJ would react if someone didnt want to take their last name

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
how do you think an ISTJ would react if someone didnt want to take their last name

Depends on the ISTJ, and how significant the naming convention is to them. An ISTJ was actually one of the people I've mentioned above. She kept her last name because it was, more or less, a 'tangible' connection to her family's roots. If it were the other way around (where she's the male & her husband is the female), then hmmm... that's a good question.