• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] So, I guess I'm an NF.

Little_Sticks

For the longest time I thought so as well, but I'm really not. I'm shit at logic puzzles, or really anything involving Ti logical deduction.

Says who? And does being a Ti auxiliary necessarily mean you are supposed to have the logical deduction capabilities of a Ti dominant? Ne dom would by archetype want to search through possibilities first and foremost. Ti comes into play to take those possibilities and find the one's that make the most practical sense or to allow the possibility to occur in reality.

Not saying you aren't ENFP though, just wanted to ask some questions and hopefully fuck with your head a bit :devil:.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Says who? And does being a Ti auxiliary necessarily mean you are supposed to have the logical deduction capabilities of a Ti dominant? Ne dom would by archetype want to search through possibilities first and foremost. Ti comes into play to take those possibilities and find the one's that make the most practical sense or to allow the possibility to occur in reality.
I think aux Ti would nevertheless work by smoothing out the rough edges of an Ne idea, picking out inaccuracies and the like, given that Ti is mainly concerned with specification and logical deduction. Te (what I use) is largely unconcerned with the small details, and deals more with seeing to it that an idea/principle/whatever works. Generally speaking, once I see to it that it does, I lose interest in digging further. That is to say, you're pretty much right about how I use N + T, but wrong about your description signaling Ti. It's Te through and through.

Furthermore, I lack the Ti desire to understand the workings of things; rather, I explore multiple possibilities to see how to achieve my ideals -- Ne Fi. I'm more of a visionary than an inventor.

Little_Sticks

^ I see. So you went from a 'mad scientist' to a 'social butterfly' :smile:. Categorizing is fun!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are now dead to me :dry:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: fair enough. :D

sculpting

I think aux Ti would nevertheless work by smoothing out the rough edges of an Ne idea, picking out inaccuracies and the like, given that Ti is mainly concerned with specification and logical deduction. Te (what I use) is largely unconcerned with the small details, and deals more with seeing to it that an idea/principle/whatever works. Generally speaking, once I see to it that it does, I lose interest in digging further. That is to say, you're pretty much right about how I use N + T, but wrong about your description signaling Ti. It's Te through and through.

Furthermore, I lack the Ti desire to understand the workings of things; rather, I explore multiple possibilities to see how to achieve my ideals -- Ne Fi. I'm more of a visionary than an inventor.

Be whatever you like that helps you understand yourself. It is nothing more than an abstract series of boxes set up to describe how our mind works. However here it turns into a club to join or an insult to be thrown at others after awhile. (yeah bitches, that would be Fi speaking....)

:hug:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

1274641386247.gif

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aleksei, I will accept your recant on Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) being ENTP whenever you're ready :).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: I admit that he might be an INFP. :tongue:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Look at the red and green triangles, one is 2 units tall and the other is 3 units tall. walla

I think the graph paper is wrong though.
light green=8 blocks
yellow=7 blocks
red=8*3*1/2=12 blocks
dark green=5*2*1/2=5 blocks

now for area of both big triangles, which have same height and width
13*5*1/2=65/2=32.5

graph paper is crap

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hadn't noticed that before, but now it looks really apparent. thnx

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
hadn't noticed that before, but now it looks really apparent. thnx

A colleague showed me this a couple of years back so I've had some time to think it over :D

If the top is a true triangle then the gradient of the slope has to be equal to the gradient of the red and green triangles...

But 5/13 != 2/5 != 3/8 so it's not a triangle, and neither is the bottom one. The extra square is generated because the green and red triangles in the top figure creates a concave slope, while the bottom slope is a convex. The area between the convex and the concave creates that extra square.

Ok, enough derailing of this thread :tongue: