• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] for INFPs and isfps/intps

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tell me some characters in movies, tv shows, or music videos etc...
that you can compare yourself too...

Mine would probs be Marty Mcfly... probably a very badass/risk taking version of me... :yes:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Characters on TV / in film I relate to:

Amelie - the only character I've consistently been compared to by other people & who I relate to a LOT

Daria - got this comparison in HS, and I see it a bit. I definitely relate to her a lot.

Angela (My So Called Life) - I felt a similarity to this character

Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes) - Lives in his imagination, rather ornery child - I was that way

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Phoebe in Charmed - It's scary how much I'm like her, and how similar our journeys were
Pocahontas (Disney)- That passion for Nature and need for freedom..
Drusilla from Buffy - evil me :D (when my first bf broke my heart...I was kinda like this with his breed of men for a while :blush:)
Ariel (Disney) - again, the need for freedom and also a part the naivety.
The guy from Into the Wild. - need for freedom and new experiences, learning new things everywhere and going back to nature.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Miss Potter from the movie of the same title. I relate greatly to Beatrix Potter's life story actually, in a weird way.
It's that whole very silly outer apperance, but underneath you know they are sharp as a tact thing.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes - I spent the majority of my childhood as a recluse in my own imagination, much like Calvin.

Samwise Gamgee of Lord of the Rings - I don't know exactly what it is, but I see a lot of myself in him.

Joel from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - The first time I watched this film, I was in shock by how similar I was to this character. I'm still reeling, in fact, haha.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes - I spent the majority of my childhood as a recluse in my own imagination, much like Calvin.

Samwise Gamgee of Lord of the Rings - I don't know exactly what it is, but I see a lot of myself in him.

Joel from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - The first time I watched this film, I was in shock by how similar I was to this character. I'm still reeling, in fact, haha.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
I actually aspire to be like ENTP/EXTPs in movies for some reason, like Doc Brown, Johnny (Naked) and Jack Sparrow, those being inventive, eccentric, personable and deeply intellegent. However I actually relate to Amelie and Calvin, like those above me, with the addition of Remus Lupin from Harry Potter, (although I'm not half as lovely as he comes across in HP3 book )I swear there's also a clumsy, socially inadept, slacking little George McFly (before he smacks Biff) which takes over sometimes too...Add to that anyone who really should get out of their head, and I think we're done here :)

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I actually aspire to be like ENTP/EXTPs in movies for some reason, like Doc Brown, Johnny (Naked) and Jack Sparrow, those being inventive, eccentric, personable and deeply intellegent. However I actually relate to Amelie and Calvin, like those above me, with the addition of Remus Lupin from Harry Potter, (although I'm not half as lovely as he comes across in HP3 book )I swear there's also a clumsy, socially inadept, slacking little George McFly (before he smacks Biff) which takes over sometimes too...Add to that anyone who really should get out of their head, and I think we're done here :)

I can relate to Remus, but that's about it... can't really see myself in doc Brown or Jack Sparrow. :huh:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
... can't really see myself in doc Brown or Jack Sparrow. :huh:

Neither can I really, Remus and George are a lot more like me, in essence, scarily so... but Doc and Jack are who I look at and think, 'I wish I were more confident and 'out there' like you guys...' It's kinda what I wanna be when I really have to extrovert myself, feel completely outta my comfort zone and can't do my Amelie 'this doesn't exist unless it's safe' thing...Somehow those guys are Ps who always manage to get things under control somehow, even in the most ridiculous and unexpected situations rather than bury their head, which is one of my biggest weaknesses...so if I convince myself I'm as good as them when I'm really frightened (even though I'm not) somehow it helps me confront things...though usually in a warmer, more diplomatic manner than they would admittedly...not sure whether this is normal, but you know...I tend to have fictional characters as role models :s

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I can't think of many, despite my male-mindedness I can't "see myself" as male, so...

Kat from "10 things I hate about you" (appropriate for my av ;))
Daria
Charlotte in "Lost in Translation"

though "scientist" is my dominant archetype I can't think of any scientist characters that work for me, Scully from x-files was waaaay too J, but maybe closest.