• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuition Sucks Sometimes

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't get too sensorish. Just be who you truly are. Do things the way you want to do. I see people's S and N functions as two parts of a whole, who's sizes vary. It's pretty much impossible to be equal, hence preference. Keep to your preferences; trust me. If you develop your S too much it will depress you and stress you out. Developing too much Ni has caused me a lot of stress. Sure I get the benefits of having a lot of Ni, but at the same time I have left behind what I prefer using regularly, Se. Before I got more in touch with my Se, I had pretty much over analyzed my life and I couldn't really enjoy the moment very much. I still feel this way, but it's gotten much better. When I get bored is when the Ni comes in, and then I get depressed.

So, don't stray from your preference. If you develop, say, Ne enough, then Si will naturally develop itself. The same goes for Ni and Se. Don't force it. Just develop your intuition around situations, and the sensing understanding will follow. You probably just don't know it.

Ne developing Si- Someone sees every context that is applicable to the current situation. These contexts add to your Si understanding of the world, since that is how you view reality as it is. In a sense of Ne contexts.

Ni developing Se- Someone becomes aware of where the situation could lead, and how the situation could be viewed from every angle. Then, this Ni understanding of the world becomes Se. These Ni links become the current context that you're living in; and you become aware of all of the possibilities and facts in the current context (Se).

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha ha i wish for my positive ideas to be true and my negative ideas to be false.I take it you've had your ideals uprooted before?(Sorry thats my Intuition taking hold again..Have you're ideals been uprooted before?) I need facts.

Yeah, went through that once I entered college. I used to have faith in the government when I was in high school, but then once I started developing my own opinions about things, saw the truth about just how dirty politics could be. I saw too much corruption and now I'm really skeptical about politicians. I used to have respect for authority in the government, but now, not so much. Too much schmoozing with people that want pork barrel legislation and making stupid decisions.

Problem is, I think I want everything to operate scientifically and make sense, and that doesn't always happen in real life.

Romantic relationships are another thing in itself. When I was younger, I had this ideal that there is the one person out there for you that is meant for you. Even though I still hang onto this ideal, a part of me says "this doesn't exist, there's multiple types of people that I can be compatible with, it's just a matter of what I want to get out of that relationship."

Also, this applies to spiritual beliefs as well. I used to be much more spiritual as a kid, believed in God, although I didn't take religion seriously. Now, I've been existential and questioning whether or not He even exists. Been reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra to help me figure out where I stand on the issue. Problem is, I'm looking for evidence of something that doesn't have any evidence for or against it!

Despite this, I quite enjoy delving into Romanticism and emotional escapades through music. For some reason, I can't quite seem to shake out the child in me that still loves fantasy, fairy tales, the conquest of true love, letting the imagination dart around with the beauty of art and music. A part of me wishes for goodwill towards humanity to rise above corruption, and for people to do what is moral not to appease authority, but to improve the human condition as a whole, become better than what we are now.

Yeah, I got long winded. My Ni kicked in ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Of course being a Sensor rocks :whistling:

But even we (By that i mean i) have moments of wtf???

Didn't notice walking by the 9ft by 3ft banner and got asked what i thought of it.

I have great brakes on my car .. I didn't notice the car in front had stopped.

I won't embarrass myself any further :doh:

Just be happy with who you are :yes:

RushAndAPush

MBTI Type
INFJ
How pathetic am i to be satisfied from a short and meaningless "Hi" from her today? (Sigh) Seriously i just got a 94% worth two test grades and it didn't alter my mood in the least.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How pathetic am i to be satisfied from a short and meaningless "Hi" from her today? (Sigh) Seriously i just got a 94% worth two test grades and it didn't alter my mood in the least.

No, not pathetic, it's quite sweet really. So, she says hi to you in the hall at Uni?
Are there any other places you both go to?
And does your intuition (from just the Hi) tell you she would like to talk to you?
Is she an extrovert?

I could pinch myself for the amount of times i have betrayed my own intuition out of fear i'd be right.

RushAndAPush

MBTI Type
INFJ
No, not pathetic, it's quite sweet really. So, she says hi to you in the hall at Uni?
Are there any other places you both go to?
And does your intuition (from just the Hi) tell you she would like to talk to you?
Is she an extrovert?

I could pinch myself for the amount of times i have betrayed my own intuition out of fear i'd be right.
you're much too kind ha ha. Well she actually doesn't live that far away from me. Their's a school concert that i think she might be attending. Theirs a slim to none chance i may get to sit next to her in the auditorium. Its very large. Anyways as for the saying hi part....well it's most likely because she's a nice person. Yes she is a full blown extrovert but walks alone. I'm an introvert.

Edit: lol no university. I'm in high school

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you're much too kind ha ha. Well she actually doesn't live that far away from me. Their's a school concert that i think she might be attending. Theirs a slim to none chance i may get to sit next to her in the auditorium. Its very large. Anyways as for the saying hi part....well it's most likely because she's a nice person. Yes she is a full blown extrovert but walks alone. I'm an introvert.

Edit: lol no university. I'm in high school

Next time she says hi you could ask her if she is going to the concert. I'm not saying ask her if she will go with you but just ask if she is going, that way she'll know you are going too and can maybe say more than hi when you bump into her there (which i am sure will be possible with your powers) :)
If she's a nice girl she'll be happy to chat with you and you can gauge the situation a little better. Even if you don't get to chat with her you risk nothing by asking if she is going, plus it's an ice breaker.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't you guys ever want to be a sensing person in certain situations? Sure Intuition is a useful tool most times. My issue is i believe i can understand what someone is thinking without them even saying anything. I also don't take what someone is saying for face value (Thinking what their saying contradicts what they actually mean). Needless to say it's quite annoying. It's even worse because I'm not confident enough to approach the girl I like and find out her true feeling for me. So as always I'm forced to assume the worse. EX) In the halls where we (used) to say hi to each other...I always thought she was doing it to be nice (along with her smiling at me). Can i ask a question? Well why do you think she stopped? If she had an any interest did she lose it? That would kill me because i truly like her. (Ha ha sorry for rambling on about my lack of love life just like any other person)

Put a lemon in your mouth. Nothing like a lemon in your mouth to bring you back to the moment. haha.

In all seriousness, you sound like a very typical NF, and I don't think you are the only one who has this problem. A lot of people look too far into situations and torture themselves. I'm not an N, but I see this a lot in other people I know.

Also, nice segway into talking about your own love life. ;)
As far as the girl, sounds like you don't know her well enough to read into what she's thinking. Maybe try saying hi to her and striking up a conversation and see how she reacts?

(Edit: Just read a little more of the thread- but my advice still stays the same, though!)

RushAndAPush

MBTI Type
INFJ
Next time she says hi you could ask her if she is going to the concert. I'm not saying ask her if she will go with you but just ask if she is going, that way she'll know you are going too and can maybe say more than hi when you bump into her there (which i am sure will be possible with your powers) :)
If she's a nice girl she'll be happy to chat with you and you can gauge the situation a little better. Even if you don't get to chat with her you risk nothing by asking if she is going, plus it's an ice breaker.
I will really try to build up confidence to ask her. Thanks for the advice.

RushAndAPush

MBTI Type
INFJ
Put a lemon in your mouth. Nothing like a lemon in your mouth to bring you back to the moment. haha.

In all seriousness, you sound like a very typical NF, and I don't think you are the only one who has this problem. A lot of people look too far into situations and torture themselves. I'm not an N, but I see this a lot in other people I know.

Also, nice segway into talking about your own love life. ;)
As far as the girl, sounds like you don't know her well enough to read into what she's thinking. Maybe try saying hi to her and striking up a conversation and see how she reacts?

(Edit: Just read a little more of the thread- but my advice still stays the same, though!)
Where did that lemon statement come from? It's pretty clever. In terms of looking into every situation. I guess not everybody uses cryptic double meaning that i need to decipher. Ha ha i guess my brain deserves a rest every now and then.