• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dulling of Physical Feelings

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
(I'm not as knowledgable about MBTI as most of you so please excuse any ignorance.)

I've noticed that I've gotten worse and worse over the past 10 years at recognizing physical feelings. I think (could be wrong) INFJs aren't really supposed to be very adept at this anyway, but the fact that it's gotten duller seems strange. For example, in my voice lessons, my teacher will ask me what I felt physically going on when I sang a certain way and I honestly can't tell her. Any others identify with this? Do you think it's because you have learned to block it out/ignore it to the point where it hardly exists to you?

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I posted a thread similar to this in the Enneagram section. You're probably an E9, because we all seem to feel this way at some point. It feels completely unnatural, doesn't it?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm generally dull to most physical sensations and have almost no sense of smell. Pain doesn't bother me as much as irritating discomfort.

I'm a 9, so it makes sense there. I think this thread could be put into the Enneagram section.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Be glad you are this way, I am so sensitive I get a heartattack when a fly sneezes

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think the functions would cause an actually, physical lose of sensation. Inferior Se may cause you to ignore them, and it might be possible that naturally weak senses might lead you away from Se and more towards Ni, simply because your senses provide little information.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
(I'm not as knowledgable about MBTI as most of you so please excuse any ignorance.)

I've noticed that I've gotten worse and worse over the past 10 years at recognizing physical feelings. I think (could be wrong) INFJs aren't really supposed to be very adept at this anyway, but the fact that it's gotten duller seems strange. For example, in my voice lessons, my teacher will ask me what I felt physically going on when I sang a certain way and I honestly can't tell her. Any others identify with this? Do you think it's because you have learned to block it out/ignore it to the point where it hardly exists to you?
I have a hard time describing how I physically feel sometimes, depending on what it is. If I'm in pain, sometimes, I don't even recognize the physical pain, because I'm so used to it.

I want to take voice/singing lessons, but my friend also tells me, you have to sing from your gut, the very bottom pit of your stomach. I'm like, "How do you do that??" Whenever I try, it's hard, but I'll keep trying.

I get what you're talking about though. One thing that I can describe about my physical sensations that pains me is my chronic backache- due to studying/computer use. Time for some Tai Chi, Chi Gong, or whatevah..