• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What is on your current list?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
My mind is like a frenzied hamster in a cage with just a wheel. Every few months, I need a new wheel, a new idea or challenge to chew on and run with. I always need something and I am actually not a random and scattered person. I don't find stimuli everywhere. I am pretty coherent and sparse. I guess this isn't so unnatural, what do people call it, 'phrases'. But for me, these different 'phrases' are palettes of information for me to absorb and think thoroughly on and understand the world around me. :thinking: Could be anything, really. I really wish I was more random and make a ten-page list, which would include monkeys and sock bunnies and global warming. I'd like to see how varied other people's palettes are.

My past list used to be Haruki Murakami, Bjork!, the show Bones and political satire. (I was obsessed.)

Now it is the show House, creative nonfiction (Love Thy Neighbor, Three Cups of Tea, Paul Farmer's Mountain Beyond Mountains), NGOs, globalization, women in politics, coffee, yes coffee is one of my intense interests...oh yea, personality types and that may be one of my few longest held interests! wowza. oh, also I am very interested in photos of other people's bedrooms, how they arrange their desks and books and little cute things and what their quilts and posters are like ... maybe because I am a college student, am always curious to know what people do with such a small space and sparse items. i am not interested in fancy bedrooms, the innovation from some people is really amazing.

After a while, I lose interest and find other stimuli to calm my hamster. Another word would be 'interests'. Duh, haha. :blush: And you? Someone give me a two page list. Maybe randomness can be aspired to.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL! You sound JUST like me! My interests change depending on the week.

Dinosaurs, I really loved them as a kid. I loved them before it was cool to love them. ;)

Alfred Hitchcock films. I like psychological and suspenseful, not bloody and gory, which some of them were, but that's besides the point...

Er...In the past, I fantasized about crashing a backstage party at an Aerosmith concert and knocking Steve Tyler out and kidnapping him and not setting him free until he gave me a kiss with those smackers. Haha. I'm over him now, though. :p

Personality types, too, are my quirky...er..."hobby" I guess you could call it.

Cleaning bathrooms, I notice I've been cleaning the bathroom a lot lately.

I like writing creative non-fictions about musicians I admire.

I also edit Wikipedia if somebody gets a detail about a song wrong. ;)

I find myself filling my MP3 player with music until it's full...even if I don't even like half of the songs on it...

I like looking at contemporary artwork.

Eating peppermints.

Acting like I can play piano and giving everyone around me a splitting headache.

Lemon cookies, they're the strangest craving I have.

NOT texting 24/7. :D

Scoping out YouTube for rare bootlegged videos of my favorite musicians.

Uh...Yeah, this is all I can think up right now. Hope this helps. :)

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Let's see...

Photography - That one is pretty much a constant. Have been doing a photo a day since first of 2009, took a month off after i had done 365 days.

Running - I am training for a half marathon

Just today I was thinking about how I should really try to pay attention to what I eat. I am thinking I should start learning something about nutrition. I took a class in college but I was really uninterested and my girlfriend (now my wife) did all my homework and I learned nothing.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - I want to watch this series from the beginning.

Reripping my old CDs back into iTunes because I am finding more and more of them that are not good rips and sound bad.

I have a backlog of several books that I have been meaning to read.

Baby Signs - I just ordered this from amazon today and we are going to start teaching it to our 7 month old son when it gets here. If it works, it should be awesome for him to be able to communicate with us clearly, even if it is just simple stuff like "I'm hungry."

That's all I can think of at the moment...

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this was just me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely have interest phases....some are ongoing and may change in specifics only (ie. music obsession endures - band of the moment changes). Music, poetry, literature, art, design, fashion, religion, cats - these will always fascinate me in general. Once I've been obsessed with something, it generally always holds a special place in my heart, even if it's not the current focus.

MBTI / Jungian Theory has preoccupied my waking hours to an extent I'd rather not admit for the past year. Before that it was skin - as in structure, care, disorders, etc. That led to an interest in all natural makeup & skin care products. I went though a phase where medical oddities interested me - I loved those TLC specials on two-headed babies and the like :cheese:. Lately I will watch/read almost anything to do with Spain - in the past it was France.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I used to have a huge fasciantion for Egypt and read very deeply about everything from their culture to mummies and the whole nine yards. More recently I'm fascinated with England and how English culture differs from American, being that most of my favorite musicians are English. :)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My Gosh- I have my bouts and phases too!

Typology central for sure.

I was once into this crazy mode where I wanted to build a mini micro tower computer, and jazz it up by spray painting it in this chrome soft pastel green paint with a tinge of gold.. I thought it would be so baddass if I could turn it into a little monster one- but I can barely get my audio to work properly after tampering with my old computer.. I think I blew the sparks somehow so my speakers sound all melted..

I was into reading biographies once.

Got into cooking- took up courses such as international cuisine. Started going to the library to do research on ways to get an 'umami' out of my dishes.

Buddhism- was fascinated- then got into reading about Hinduism. Dripped, dabbled into other philosophies - even Toltec wisdom..

Got into photography- worked a few months to earn enough money for crazy lenses, programs, and a wacom tablet I hardly use.

Got into fashion- bought a bunch of fabric- cut out all patterns, and they're still left waiting to be sewn.

Got into dancing, but I can dance at a club, where the dance floor is crowded and I don't look a fool.. Dancing on stage caused stage fright, so I left that one.

...several other ones I 4get.

So many interests. So little time. Still discovering. After spending all my paychecks on these expensive hobbies, and paying for school.. I really necessito much dinero, por favor. Life. Life is really about finding what our passions are, and mine seem neverending.. :smile:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This isn't just an NFP thing either! I go through phases of looking into different aspects of various interests of mine.

At this moment, I've switched from my usual mid-late 80s music indulgence to more progressive sounding pieces, more focus on warm, romantic sounds. Went from digging the sound of keyboard samplers to electric grand piano. I kind of missed it.

Been also exploring one of my favorite pieces of literature, Flowers for Algernon. The story is quite moving.

Usually for me, it's an internal change, mostly to do with music and art preferences. I end up liking something more earthy one week, the next I'm into modern sounds, other times I'm going for 80s.

When it comes to favorites though, they are pretty darn constant!

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
oh gosh, please for the love of all that is ENFP feed me some NEW interests! i am so over all of mine. i can't seem to find my niche. community theater, bartending, church, bars, dancing, piano, sales, cooking, TV shows, book clubs, sporting events... i've tried it all, and i'm still restless, understimulated and aching for new.

just when i think i've found something, it's either really expensive (like traveling) or i just don't want to do it alone (like social experiments). i need some solitary activities that i actually care about... or some new friends.

dude, can't stand it.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ omg, that is a lot of different fields. my interests/fields are quite narrow compared to you enfps. my goodness.

Uhmuhm... 1) get some new friends 2) check out what they are into

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This week I'm into making art that uses Marilyn Monroe as the subject, and Spongebob. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention in my above list. I have a CD fetish. Everytime I get paid I blow it all on new CD's to add to my collection. :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get sucked into projects and things obsessively.

My music has always changed throughout the years, my creative focus, my balance between active and nonactive interests, etc.

Very recently:
Indie & Kpop music
Karaoke
Vampire Diaries
Registering for College
Typology
Zumba dance class

Creativity is slacking.
Some prior things:
Novel
Phone contact
Tanning
Sewing
Heroes
Painting

I'm definitely not an information gatherer. The differences between myself and the OP are amusing to me.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
guilty

they are so brief that they might only last for like 3 hours then I am done lol