• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs and Kissing Ass

G

Glycerine

/raises hand
haha, I have told guys how wonderful, great, awesome they were... basically a bit overkill.... almost to the point where its like "my God, this girl's obsessed with me and wants to jump my bones". However, in reality, I'm usually thinking that "the guy is such a great catch but we would probably kill each other... so no thanks." I'm learning how NOT to go overboard w/ Fe. It can terrify people. ;)

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was told today by an INTJ that my methodolgy for dealing with people is to kiss their ass. His interpretation of Fe. I consider it diplomacy. But I wonder...to what degree does that affect me with girls...

The INTJ in question is naive and foolhardy.

ENFJs shower people with compliments and act warm and welcoming... for the purpose of steering the unsuspecting flock of sheep in the direction of their cult of personality. And while you are busy thinking your ass is being kissed, next thing you realize, you just downed a cup of grape kool aid.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a photograph of my rear-end to usher people toward, not the other way around.

Most of the "critique" I hear about that sort of thing usually comes from immature NTs who don't know how to use diplomacy yet and feel every social action they take somehow stands in huge violation of their internal creed (whatever that happens to be) and decries that *everyone* is trying to manipulate them. Send them a well-meaning birthday card and watch the fireworks.

The best "handlers" of people I ever saw were an ENTP and an ENTJ.

G

Glycerine

^ yes, my ENTJ friend is insanely good w/ people UNTIL you piss her off (which takes a lot to do).

G

Glycerine

We'll still give you a cookie... no worries. *gives TEC a good ol' chocolate chip cookie*

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I make others very aware of what i do/don't do for them if that's suspected.
You know my ENFP and it's likely that he thinks i kiss his ass / agree with him just to agree. I've had to inform him that he's one of the few who i almost completely respect and i don't throw out compliments or agreement where it isn't due.
Other friends have recently said "You have to say that because you're my friend" and i inform them that i don't have to say anything nice for that reason and i wouldn't say anything nice for that reason alone.

Most people can't be expected to understand without a bit of an explanation. There is usually too little contact from people who encourage intensely where they feel it's due. There is also a complete obliviousness to the fact that we will tend to zero in on what we are encouraging, unless a negative gets in the way of our promoting or is brought to our attention.

Personally, i counter it with a lot of little remarks like Geoff mentioned. With a lot of people, i start off on the remarking foot.
You're a very squishy person (not in an INFP way, which i'm hoping you understand based on previous conversations) and that's a pretty dominant trait. You're also a bit brash and that shows here and there. Just make sure you become aware of yourself and don't just forcefeed females positivity. You're more of a whole person that stands out when the brash comments start to roll here and there. It'll work to your advantage. :yes:
A common problem for most men of various types is being nice vs. being an asshole. That isn't how it works. There's no switch to flip and i'm sure you know that. Too many men think they need to be really far to one side of the spectrum or to bounce between the two, bipolarly.
Be neutral. Lean with it, rock with it - so to speak.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I be a nice ass? I like that. I think I'm a nice ass. I've also got one.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ahahahah! This thread will turn into "ENFJs Post Pictures of Their Most Righteously Awesome 99.9999% Well-Liked Fashionably Attired Backsides". ;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I be a nice ass? I like that. I think I'm a nice ass. I've also got one.

I'm waiting for some proof. Though I'm a bit sure this is correct, simply because all Puerto Ricans have nice butts ;).