• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am having trouble connecting...

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out. I dont even know who my friends are...
can someone help or share their experience...

A

A window to the soul

Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out.

When you meet the right people, you will naturally connect in a REAL way. (Those occurences seem to be few and far between.)

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am having trouble connecting with other people. For some reason, its diffifcult to really get close. Its like my ability to connect is blocked by a wall or something...and I end up still feeling left out. I dont even know who my friends are...

My best friend that I've had for years is an INFP. Everyone adores her around here. Usually with friend I think that you can tell who is real and who is fake already, before even having to say anything. If you are seeking new friends, then being a friend is a good start :) and if someone doesn't want what you have to offer, It is truly their loss. I'm sorry you feel left out, maybe you just haven't found something you belong to yet :) Good Luck :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ second that.

i thought i'd have a really hard time with friends in college but friendship have always blossomed (? eek) spontaneously...you just meet this person and you two just connect and before long, me and her are like sisters and you look back and wonder how it happened ... it's all natural and almost instant and now i have three friends who means the world to me and they love me too haha, and yes it is hard because i get along with like 95.5 of the total population

P

Phantonym

Yup. I know exactly what you mean. I've been like that all my life. Can't really help you out here because my solution was to give up on seeking that connection and turn to apathy whenever others were involved. I've kind of had a blast on my own but I guess I wouldn't really recommend it to anybody else. It comes with occasional nasty side effects.

My advice to you would be to turn inward to figure out what it is you really want, who you really are, what makes you happy and so on. Once you feel comfortable in your own skin and you're not constantly worried about connecting and feeling left out, then you will be able to relax around people and be yourself instead of trying desperately to get closer to people. Others will probably notice that too.

Don't give up and good luck. :)

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Introverts are private people and aren't the most gregarious. As a result we connect less. Put yourself out there. You may be surprised at what you find. On a side note 75% of the population is S so more often than not you won't connect deeply with new friends.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My advice to you would be to turn inward to figure out what it is you really want, who you really are, what makes you happy and so on. Once you feel comfortable in your own skin and you're not constantly worried about connecting and feeling left out, then you will be able to relax around people and be yourself instead of trying desperately to get closer to people. Others will probably notice that too.

Don't give up and good luck. :)

:yes: Great advice. Not much to add, but you might want to explore joining groups that share your hobbies or interests. That will give you at least 1 connection to them to start already.