• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I f*cked up my teenage years and I don't mind

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kat, if you think you've missed anything, you're wrong. You're on the right track, even if you seem to be lost.

I agree with that. Oh, and I can relate with a good part of what St Kat said, like many other peoples actually.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
So good to hear that I'm not the crazy one. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I fucked up my teenage years and enjoy the merits of Uggs and skinny jeans.

"Teenage" years are the transitory period between being a child and an adult wherein you forge your own path. If you feel like you are doing it wrong, you are making progress.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
The people that fuck up and regret their teenage years are the people that live those years how other people want them to. You're doing exactly what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that.

I totally agree.
I fucked up my teenage years by living them how other people wanted me to live them. Actually I'm still doing it now :doh:

I think that most peoples fucked up their teenage years according to what you say. Teenages peoples are often so conformist and unable to think by themselves. Actually, it is right for peoples of every age, so I guess that most peoples fuck their entire life.

There's something I always get reminded of when I hear people suffering through trying too hard to conform socially ;) AesopFables.com - The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey - General Fable collection

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Every time I go to family reunions, or I meet old (or new) acquaintances or when I speak to strangers and I tell them about my life, they always tell my I fucked up my teenage years and therefore also the rest of my life. Why have I fucked it up?

- I've been in a fight with almost everyone I've met the last 6 years, because I was just trying to be honest and stay myself.
- My love life is totally fucked up and I'm attracting the wrong kind of men.
- I've continued a hobby that I've already had since I was 6 (writing), which made my peers hate me because sometimes I found it more important than homework.
- I don't get drunk every weekend, because alcohol makes me feel like I'm locked inside my head.
- I've never learnt to see what's so arousing about vomitting.
- I've never learnt to appreciate Uggs and skinny jeans.
- I've never learnt to resist ditching friends if I got tired and because of this I stood in the way of my own popularity.

In fact, I don't mind all of these things. I even like these things about myself. Then why am I posting this? BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO MAKE ME BELIEVE ALL THESE THINGS ARE A HUGE PROBLEM ARE ANNORYING THE HELL OUT OF ME! AAAAARGH!!!

To be honest it does sound like you messed up.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I was a resentful "angel" . I was obedient to the maximum, and always did what I was told; straight A student, I did'nt drink, do drugs, have sex, etc. I was spoiled, never had to work a day of my life, played the " quiet, sweet, shy girl " role to the tee.

Even though, deep down, I held grudges, I wanted to beat everyones ass who pissed me off knowing I can do it, and light my teacher's hair on fire....
Sometimes I would slip and get in fights, then que in the innocent girl act and get away with it easily.

I sucked it all up, for the promise of my parents paying for my university.

As much of a dark as I was (internally lol). I had a goal. I wanted to be a doctor, and I knew it would be expensive, and there was no way I was going to be able to afford it without taking out a loan( dooming myself to debt).

Finally, I finished high school, and when I wanted to apply for medicine. My parents refused to pay for it, they thought it would be " a waste of my life, graduating at 30 is no way to live"... It was their way or the high way.

I ended up applying for something I didn't want. I didn't even bother trying my first semester; I passed nearly all my classes, I don't know how, I didn't even pay attention. . .

Finally, at 18, I snapped, and took on my true form. I moved out with my older sister( who was also having problems with my parents) with no money, got a job, found an apartment(sold my laptop to pay for the first month of rent), and cut them out of my life completely. It was a huge risk.
I was supporting myself for the first time, and I loved the feeling.

I drank , I partied, I smoked(cigs), I had sex( only with my then-bf, not randomly lol) . I did everything I held myself back from doing before. I've stopped all of these things now, since I got them out of my system.

by the 5th month we had already gotten a 2 floor apartment, completely furnished it, and started saving up for a car...

After a year, I started talking to my parents again, and slowly built our relationship back up.

I went back to school, not medicine, since our university started a 1.5 yr waiting list for students applying.

I learned how important a degree was, and I didn't mind going back to the program I was in before. With an open mind, I learned not only to accept, but to love what I was doing.

My wants, needs, etc, have changed since. I learned a lot at a young age; sure most people have as well, but it is still a pivotal moment in my life.

My parents no longer saw me as a helpless child, but an independent adult.

Although there could have been a lot of things I could've done differently, I'm still happy with the way things turned out.

My mistakes were lessons that are very valuable to me.

I don't see it as " I fucked up", more of a " I did shiz, and learned from it". : )

There is always room to improve in my book. "fucking up" is just an opportunity to improve in my opinion. :)

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
So, appearantly this is what I'm supposed to do:

- Be normal.
- Collect friends and have shallow friendships with them.
- Get drunk.
- Vommit and be happy with it because it's normal.
- Have these shallow friends pick out a decent, boring boyfriend for me.
- Get married.
- Get babies. Two babies, to be exact.
- Get myself a nice office job and pretend it's what I've always wanted to do.
- Work until I'm 67.
- Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas.
- Die.

I'm just really surprised that your family members said these things. Mine would kill me (not literally!) and think I was fucking up MY LIFE if they caught me getting drunk and vomiting, having shallow friendships or marrying/having babies too early...then again, they probably wouldn't mind me having a "nice office job" and working till I'm 67 lol (I plan to retire at 65 unless I really love my job that much, or unless I retire early if I become insanely rich lol)

LMAO - Retire and go hiking with fake teeth and kaki bermudas...WTF!?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Forgot to mention, I'm supposed to get these babies when I'm exactly 30 years old. That's normal.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Also, I used to feel bad for people that had to work back when I was living off of my parents. I would get depressed at the thought of working until I'm 55. Now... I know I will work through 55 and I fucking love working. I love providing for myself.

When I'm not working I can do the things I love. You don't have to love what you do, but it helps if you love doing it.