• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPS -- Are you difficult??

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Ive never looked over a response before pressing submit. I usually have to go back and correct typos after I submitted...

Aimee

MBTI Type
ENFP
wow...really? i don't do that.

half the time I write such lengthy response to emails and such and then I save them as drafts to edit later and they never get sent.:doh:

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
you guys are writing very well and are clearly understood, why dont you try talking the way you are all writing :):hug:

Because writing takes a little longer and you don't have to come up with the right words off the top of your head. You have a chance to sit and think. I tried pausing for a while before talking with people, and they seem to hate that, which gets some people even more pissed off. :\ "What are you a retard or something?" I've heard that before. Haha. **Sigh**

Aimee

MBTI Type
ENFP
half the time I write such lengthy response to emails and such and then I save them as drafts to edit later and they never get sent.:doh:

I guess I am difficult because it feels difficult being me! So that makes sense that other people would view me as a pain in the ass since I'm a pain in my own ass.;)

Aimee

MBTI Type
ENFP
Because writing takes a little longer and you don't have to come up with the right words off the top of your head. You have a chance to sit and think. I tried pausing for a while before talking with people, and they seem to hate that, which gets some people even more pissed off. :\ "What are you a retard or something?" I've heard that before. Haha. **Sigh**

Me too! People think I'm done talking when I'm not because of my inflections. I try not to interrupt but a lot of time I'll forget what I'm going to say if I don't say it when I think it. So I talk at the wrong time and don't talk at the wrong time. Sometimes it sucks being an ENFP.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I wonder if it's a common trend for female ENFPs to not get along so well with their mothers, even if they try? I'm sure there are ENFP women out there who get along well, but I notice a pattern here. I know this is a gross generalization, but it seems as though my female "T" friends seem to share a bond with their moms like they can easily talk to them about anything and everything.

Depending on the person in question, I can be difficult, especially if I'm passionate about something? I stand up for it to the point where i'm a stubborn mule. I don't like to play charades so I guess I can be a bit much in that regard.

Other than that, my mom finds me difficult especially when I get all whimsicial/lovey dovey with her, asking all these questions. She's ESFP. We get along in other ways of interaction, but I think I'm frustrating to her because she's a bit more pragmatic and my questions seem to be of nuisance, annoyance, and 'waste of time' with an eye roll. Despite that, I still love her.

I very much relate to what you wrote in response to SlumDogTrill. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive never looked over a response before pressing submit. I usually have to go back and correct typos after I submitted...

ha...yeah me either. :doh:

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
Me too! People think I'm done talking when I'm not because of my inflections. I try not to interrupt but a lot of time I'll forget what I'm going to say if I don't say it when I think it. So I talk at the wrong time and don't talk at the wrong time. Sometimes it sucks being an ENFP.

Are we long lost sisters??? Hahaha!!!! :D When I start talking again after my inflection, I interrupt them. But mostly it's just an accident. Regardless, some people get so upset. Yeah, sometimes it does suck being this way.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
[I've stopped going over my posts here. But if I start a thread...I will take a little bit more time. Or if I'm sending one of my famous letters to a guy....then I go over it with a fine toothed comb, and THEN I shorten it, putting all crucial key points at the end of the last paragraph so he remembers them. :p

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
shit...it's just a swirling jumbled mess in there and the brain doesn't slow down for you to speak and if you don't say it you'll lose it and you get side tracked and then go back...it can be hard to keep up with...not that it's always that way...is it? god please say that it isn't...i'd like to continue thinking i'm a great communicator it's better for my self concept.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wonder if it's a common trend for female ENFPs to not get along so well with their mothers, even if they try? I'm sure there are ENFP women out there who get along well, but I notice a pattern here. I know this is a gross generalization, but it seems as though my female "T" friends seem to share a bond with their moms like they can easily talk to them about anything and everything.

Depending on the person in question, I can be difficult, especially if I'm passionate about something? I stand up for it to the point where i'm a stubborn mule. I don't like to play charades so I guess I can be a bit much in that regard.

Other than that, my mom finds me difficult especially when I get all whimsicial/lovey dovey with her, asking all these questions. She's ESFP. We get along in other ways of interaction, but I think I'm frustrating to her because she's a bit more pragmatic and my questions seem to be of nuisance, annoyance, and 'waste of time' with an eye roll. Despite that, I still love her.

I very much relate to what you wrote in response to SlumDogTrill. :)

Perhaps!!! Or maybe dealing with XSFP. My mom's an ISFP, boyfriend ESFP. It's challenging to say the least.

My mother also reacts the same way with my questions. :(

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Random, but from the posts ive read it seems easier to be an ENFP male than female

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
shit...it's just a swirling jumbled mess in there and the brain doesn't slow down for you to speak and if you don't say it you'll lose it and you get side tracked and then go back...it can be hard to keep up with...not that it's always that way...is it? god please say that it isn't...i'd like to continue thinking i'm a great communicator it's better for my self concept.

Swirling jumbled mess is right!!!!!!!! I'm right there with ya. If/when I do speak before deciding if it's a good idea....I've usually already offended someone. Hehe. That could be me though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmm. what are you trying to say? :D
haha...was just surprised she did. i thought we were all lazy posters!

Swirling jumbled mess is right!!!!!!!! I'm right there with ya. If/when I do speak before deciding if it's a good idea....I've usually already offended someone. Hehe. That could be me though.
and no no...me too sometimes just because i often don't feel like saying this big long thing so i shorten it and it comes off harsh because i didn't explain it well....frustrating.

sculpting

I am usually typing before I think to be honest. I just type whatever happens to be warbling through my head...

Often as I type words ideas are forming, shaping and annealing. Often I will type the same idea and post in a couple of different threads. The first time it is just babble. By the fourth time it has become very coherent to the point of sounding almost "proven".

Off, as actually I dont say most of the things I think....I come across fairly quiet IRL.

sculpting

I do all of this too.

Oddly-I am best verbally when presenting to a large group. That way I really am giving a talk just to myself so they cant really interupt.

The other time I can be quite coherent is when debating with ENTPs. They can be very sharp and pointed so I have to become almost totally NeTe to go point to point with them verbally. It's fun and combative!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
haha...was just surprised she did. i thought we were all lazy posters!

sorry i dont understand what you say because you dont edit enough before posting