• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How can an NF be mean?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What with N giving them unique insight into meaning and the ability to see multiple perspectives and F giving them consideration for others, how can someone honestly be anything other than the most virtuous of saints?

P

Phantonym

Oh, those things can just pinpoint exactly the things that hurt you the most. :whistling: NFs have bad days too, you know. They might feel really, really, REALLY bad afterwards but the deed is done.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
They just can't. They are caring to the core of their being.

I notice you are SP, how do you tie your shoes? Does an NT help? That's how I get mine tied in the morning.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
haha
I can be a serious asshole.
When I get pissed enough, I turn into a lawyer.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
What with N giving them unique insight into meaning and the ability to see multiple perspectives and F giving them consideration for others, how can someone honestly be anything other than the most virtuous of saints?

Let's play spot the false premise!

Perhaps you meant FJ?

Whether or not that is the case, still you are assuming that understanding gives lend to benevolence.

Fortunately, people aren't as cut-and-dry as you think they are.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Depends on WHAT theyre feeling lol...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They just can't. They are caring to the core of their being.

I notice you are SP, how do you tie your shoes? Does an NT help? That's how I get mine tied in the morning.

I have velcro straps!
(probably invented by an NT though I bet)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
By ignoring someone who has come to depend on them.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Let's play spot the false premise!

Perhaps you meant FJ?

Whether or not that is the case, still you are assuming that understanding gives lend to benevolence.

Fortunately, people aren't as cut-and-dry as you think they are.
Oh! Oh! I've got one! Your assumption that his assumption indicates that he thinks people are cut-and-dry is a false premise!

But yes. I'm an acidic little bugger when I'm angry enough.

G

Glycerine

Oh! Oh! I've got one! Your assumption that his assumption indicates that he thinks people are cut-and-dry is a false premise!

I totally agree. I saw this as more of a hypothetical than anything else.

Back to the OP, some people are assholes and I seriously could care less if I'm nice to those said assholes.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
For me, it's more passive aggressiveness than anger or hostility towards a person.

somethings I do to show anger or hate of a person include
-not acknowledging them
-pretending their invisible
-not keeping conversations up with them/showing I don't give a FUCK what they say
-being 100% absolutely indifferent towards a person as if they aren't even a person
-not associating myself in anyway with them

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

:doh:

Here are the steps, guy.

1) Realize that people can be both good and bad. Some are mostly good, some are mostly bad, others are just in between in the shady spot.

2) In response, as an NF, you can either be really nice, partially nice/polite, indifferent, cold, angry/cruel.

3) Towards those who you are really nice to and who are really nice to you back, if they do something bad, you can respond in the ways that I have listed above and re-examine the relationship. It is crucial to re-examine relationships, guys.

4) Being nice for an NF isn't just fun and games. We make lists, outlines, charts, read about Hitler and compare the person we are close to to Hitler and see if we are being too nice or not nice enough.

It's a tough world out there. WATCH YOUR STEP NFs!

KDude

^I thought Hitler was an NF actually. So there ya go.

ENFJ specifically.

Hope I didn't kill the thread. :blush:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP

lol

Got me there.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's been said before but just because NFs prefer to use N and F doesn't mean they are necessarily good at it.

Having intuition and the ability to see multiple alternatives doesn't mean you'll choose the correct alternative. In fact, it might even confuse things or make the NF jump to the wrong conclusion of seeing things that aren't there. I'm usually not mean to others but if I intuit (rightly or wrongly) something sinister from the other person, I will strike back.

Besides, the ability to step into another person's shoes gives me an advantage by allowing me to know which weak spot or button to push. Some NFs have a reputation of being emotionally manipulative for a reason :tongue:

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
NFs can use our understanding of others' self-perceptions against them, by making cruel remarks, or by otherwise manipulating them with guilt and other such emotions.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four

Using the silent treatment, or telling someone they are worthless. Instead of cursing or using violence, I try to find more "existential" reasons to degrade them.
For example, last year, I told my roommates that they didn't deserve to be loved for reasons A, B and C, thus they should drop out of school, kill themselves, etc.

I definitely think this stems from introverted Feeling and extraverted Intuition.
I naturally evaluate my own life in terms of subjective worth based on observed patterns of how people treat each other.
So, it's easy to turn this type thinking outward in a negative way.

I don't think I've said or done anything particularly cruel, though. I'm definitely not good at emotional manipulation or complicated schemes of revenge.
I just explode with emotion, but almost always apologize soon afterwards, too.

KDude

^not particularly cruel?

i think you underrate emotional or "existential" attacks ;)

for me, it all depends on who it comes from of course... but still.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
For me, it's more passive aggressiveness than anger or hostility towards a person.

somethings I do to show anger or hate of a person include
-not acknowledging them
-pretending their invisible
-not keeping conversations up with them/showing I don't give a FUCK what they say
-being 100% absolutely indifferent towards a person as if they aren't even a person
-not associating myself in anyway with them

Same.

However, if they cross the line and do something I CANNOT ignore, I will confront them. I will confront them quite angrily at that, with a force to be reckoned with. It is rare that I do this, but when I do.. Get out of the way.