• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How idyllic is your life, How idyllic is your spirit?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If my life were ever completely idyllic, I'd have either lost my mind and become a drooling sack of flesh or died.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If my life were ever completely idyllic, I'd have either lost my mind and become a drooling sack of flesh or died.
Only NFs could ever see such as idyllic. ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
i'm always trying to make my life idyllic, but i never hope to reach the ideal life. the fun is in the [perceived] progress :)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
i'm always trying to make my life idyllic, but i never hope to reach the ideal life. the fun is in the [perceived] progress :)

Which is the point of why I said what I did. It's impossible for me to ever achieve an idyllic life...because there would always be something else that could be more idyllic! It would be like a hyperbola that doesn't ever hit zero (zero being completely idyllic). Life could always, in some way, be idealised in a better way. Which is why I say I would have to be either a drooling body with no brain activity/imagination, or dead.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
yeah and really, most of the things people think bring happiness do not. but people always think the grass is greener, and want to graze upon it.

the only thing that will guarantee happiness is children.

Standuble

I'm in a necromancing mood tonight, apologies. Did you get any further to reaching an idyllic life if I may ask and do you still see the progress towards that goal as fun? I wonder whether my life would be more idyllic five or six years from now as it's more or less the same as it was in 2007. However the difference is that I myself no longer see progress fun so much.

Anyhow to answer the title question I do not think my life is idyllic. I don't think I have a true capacity to ever be satisfied with it. I only hope that when I die I do not die thinking life for me has been a failure. I would need to feel my life has been as fulfilled as it could be or I would need to be completely apathetic about the subject and thus an imperfect, unfulfilled life becomes a non-issue. So far I have yet to achieve either but perhaps there is still time.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My life and spirit are quite idyllic, because I take it to mean harmonious and glamorous. And that includes intellectual fulfillment, which for me means cognitive contact with reality.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm far from thriving, but I'm on a precipice. I find all phases of my life idyllic in a way, because I know what I want out of life, and I know that every obstacle or period of stagnancy just enriches my sense of appreciation for what I hope to eventually gain.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm in a necromancing mood tonight, apologies. Did you get any further to reaching an idyllic life if I may ask and do you still see the progress towards that goal as fun? I wonder whether my life would be more idyllic five or six years from now as it's more or less the same as it was in 2007. However the difference is that I myself no longer see progress fun so much.

Anyhow to answer the title question I do not think my life is idyllic. I don't think I have a true capacity to ever be satisfied with it. I only hope that when I die I do not die thinking life for me has been a failure. I would need to feel my life has been as fulfilled as it could be or I would need to be completely apathetic about the subject and thus an imperfect, unfulfilled life becomes a non-issue. So far I have yet to achieve either but perhaps there is still time.

I have reached the idyllic life, but I still have aspirations. Great ones, now that I have the experience to know what is possible given what I have achieved (however humble).