• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJackasses?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm the only one I know IRL. No one has ever told me this, but I suspect that one of my negative traits is that I can come off like a know-it-all at certain times. Recently I realized this when I was replaying a certain conversation in my mind. I do not like know-it-alls and it bothers me a lot to think I was acting like one. Now that I realize this I am careful not to act in that way which I don't like and which can make others feel bad.

/drama queen
I have heard the martyr complaint about INFJs before on this site. It really hurts but I guess I will just silently bear it!! :violin:
j/k ;)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
/drama queen
I have heard the martyr complaint about INFJs before on this site. It really hurts but I guess I will just silently bear it!! :violin:
j/k ;)

The one I am with exhibits martyr behavior..deeply concerning to me because I don't really think she even knows she does it.

Also she nags me sometimes 'til the point of noticeable irritation..which is understandable..then engages in a blame campaign about how so dramatic I am when it's really just annoying after so much nagging and no apparent end to it. What do you INFJ's think about this-I mean what is going on..it's like it's made to not end until there's an emotional conflict :/

And I thought INFJs were so empathic and not one to go about stepping on others feelings..Am I right? Or is there a dark side I don't know about.

Perpelexed.

G

Ginkgo

If I was an INFJ I wouldn't post here because it's likely to affirm the OPs distorted prejudice against them, no matter what you say.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Any annoying attitudes from INFJs?
For example, Things they think they know but turns out they really just can't keep up with you and would be nice if they threw that cocky attitude in the trash can and just asked you or someone for what they didn't know? I realize it's not true of mature INFJs.

No.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
The one I am with exhibits martyr behavior..deeply concerning to me because I don't really think she even knows she does it.

Also she nags me sometimes 'til the point of noticeable irritation..which is understandable..then engages in a blame campaign about how so dramatic I am when it's really just annoying after so much nagging and no apparent end to it. What do you INFJ's think about this-I mean what is going on..it's like it's made to not end until there's an emotional conflict :/

And I thought INFJs were so empathic and not one to go about stepping on others feelings..Am I right? Or is there a dark side I don't know about.

Perpelexed.

Everyone steps on someone else's feelings in some way. I do wonder though, why you are still with this woman that you have been so clearly annoyed with and hurt by for quite awhile now. Or have you gone through a string of messed up INFJs? I think that within any one type, you'll always find a broad range of behaviours and attitudes. It's likely that the type of unhealthy behaviours within any particular type might be someone more predictable, but merely being one type doesn't guarantee that all people of that type have certain wonderful qualities, any more than it necessarily means they have certain terrible ones.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Perpelexed.

I know for one that once an INFJ starts nagging excessively to you, it's surely a sign that that person had done something prior to upset us (usually criticism, constructive or not)--yet we didn't want to reveal it directly but decided to pick every minor thing which we can think of--to irk you (which is something I'm trying hard to fix it).

Side-question to ENFPs: Please do not take it personally, I just happened to notice that most ENFPs has the same tendency of a need to release their disappointment through criticism, yet I found most would rather complain it to their close patriots, instead of venting it out directly to the same person. I've seen in numerous occasions where ENFPs show their frustrations on others with their close and most trusted friends.

What do you think, my fellow ENFPs?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Though I'm not entirey familiar with ISFPs, but I have to say they are very good at bottling it all up and rarely show any upsetting emotions to others. Though they seem to be good at door-slamming without any regrets when things hitted on the rooftop.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I tend to get intensely stubborn about stupid details (which I freely admit are usually a crap shoot for me :D ) when I'm under extreme emotional stress or really, really over tired. I usually realize I'm wrong while I'm doing it, and my mouth keeps moving and I'm inwardly groaning at how ignorant I sound. This happens, maybe, four times a year, but when I was much younger, it was frequent, and usually because I didn't feel needed/admired/respected for my thoughts in the relationship. I think it's a maturity issue, and not one unique to INFJs.

You don't sound as if you're enjoying the relationship much at all! :hug: Which kind of begs the question...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, under emotional duress, I become more rigid when things I counted on get changed. I have little flare-ups (either internally, or in a restrained way externally with a lot of grumbling that is emotionally charged) over things that normally I could get over right away or in about 10 minutes. It's like I need to know that I can count on certain things not to change and when they do, I get uncharacteristically upset over it.

I also tend to get that way when small incidents start forming a negative pattern. I realize that those small issues actually have more underlying meaning, but I'm not sure at which point to be sure that I'm not seeing it unfairly, or which small issue to make a big deal over, so I just get more easily annoyed/hurt/irritated/sad until it comes to a head. I don't like being that way, and ironically the reason I don't bring it up right away is that verbalizing it somehow means that I am committing to an interpretation of events that may be unreasonable or incorrect. I also am reluctant to verbalize something when I haven't figured out a course of action to deal with it, or haven't determined what response I might expect if I do say something. This is dicey though, because sometimes I underestimate the depth of emotion I'm feeling and it spills out in an embarrassing way at an inopportune time, making me seem exactly what I am trying to avoid - emotional and unreasonable. There is almost nothing worse for me than ending up crying in front of someone over an issue like that and feeling that I made a mess of making my case and also behaved in an embarrassing way besides. I feel like I have lost credibility and I usually apologize too quickly, making the other person believe that I'm just manipulating their emotions or that it wasn't that big of a deal anyway, which it really was.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know for one that once an INFJ starts nagging excessively to you, it's surely a sign that that person had done something prior to upset us (usually criticism, constructive or not)--yet we didn't want to reveal it directly but decided to pick every minor thing which we can think of--to irk you (which is something I'm trying hard to fix it).

Side-question to ENFPs: Please do not take it personally, I just happened to notice that most ENFPs has the same tendency of a need to release their disappointment through criticism, yet I found most would rather complain it to their close patriots, instead of venting it out directly to the same person. I've seen in numerous occasions where ENFPs show their frustrations on others with their close and most trusted friends.

What do you think, my fellow ENFPs?

Yes, I can agree that I do this at times, and two other ENFP's I know irl have this tendency. Everyone has their downside, and I can honestly say that while I do criticize (and it's not just to close friends and family, I can even be very critical right to ones face if I'm pushed enough) it is always something i feel very bad about when emotions have cooled. Even if my criticisms are spot on, I almost always feel terrible about it and re examine a better way to have delt with it.

I was in a long relation with an INFJ, and one of my best friends is INFJ. I don't relate so much to the OP, if I had to give one issue that has gotten me in trouble with my INFJ's, its an inability to understand why they have had to be so serious or "heavy" alot of the time. I've also noticed that when I try to shake this, or lighten it up, they can tend to feel attacked by it.. and will sometimes twist it into me being shallow, unconcerned, and not understanding the longevity of the problem. At those times I just want to scream "NO, I get it! I really do... I also get that life is too short to spend worrying and wallowing. Snap the fuck out of it man!"