• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Are NF's behind the scenes?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Or is this just an introverted function.

I don't like it much actually, feels like I don't want to get recognized for anything particular but at the same time am conflicted and don't mind getting some kind of encouragement that yeah that was good, do more of that. Its like this humble, don't tell me, I am comfortable behind the scenes to propel others into success or good fortune, inspire them and yet would dislike very much to stand out and be given anything for it.

When I visit various professional offices you tend to see plaques, distinctions and awards framed right as you enter and I'm going, why! If you know your good, then why do you need to show that your good. I'd just store it somewhere in a file and show the creds if I have any, when asked to.

Also since I like being behind the scenes and am apparently trying for positions that are in your face not really behind the scenes, ha. Well anyway thoughts are welcome. Are you a behind the scenes person, do you thrive in such an environment.

Think a writer as opposed to an actor.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Depends on the job?

If it's something that I'm talented at, I tend to not really recognize that talent, unless if people tell me repeatedly, over and over, and even then, I keep it low-key.

If it's something I thoroughly enjoy, like working face to face with people? No. I really like engaging in conversations in situations where I'm helping people. I love helping and thrive on work that involves benefiting the greater good/common people. I like being able to take part in taking action somehow- so I'm not in the background as much.. it's a combination of putting myself out there and getting things done behind the scenes. When needed to negotiate, I don't mind being face to face. I prefer face-to-face communication.

In terms of awards & certificates? :) Like you, I tuck mine away in a file case, toss it under my bed, or toss it in my closet. I know. How much do I really cherish it? (I think subconsciously, for me, it relates to not being recognized early on as a kid for the achievements I received? I remember times when bringing home straight A's and being told that that's to be expected- not a big deal..okay..?). In fact, tomorrow, I think I'm going to perhaps hang at least one- just so that I can use it sorta as a motivator.. somehow.. :D

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I dont like being recognized for anything, encouragement is good, I like to be encouraged but I dont like getting awards, or pins, or anything like that.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
Just a couple days ago I experienced this. It was someone's birthday at my dance studio and everyone knew. They all brought balloons and gifts and were all really happy. It was my birthday too, but I didn't tell anyone for some reason...I just didn't want to make them all feel guilty?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd rather not the world see me, but I crave knowing what I do is worth the effort.

sculpting

When I work on a team I feel a huge need to see the shining stars on my team receive accolades. I want them to be recognized and awarded.

But I am almost repulsed by awards. I like individual affirmation in a retrained way-if it is real-but not fluff praise just to make me happy. I want to push other to the forefront and allow them to be recognized.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I enjoy behind-the-scenes style of work best. I'm more interested in creating & being the idea person than performing in any way. Awards are not important to me, and I'm uncomfortable with the spotlight. I hate boasting, and I can be humble to a fault when I am supposed to be talking myself up (ie. job interviews). I don't feel it's an issue of insecurity, but people think confidence equals talking.

However, I do like to be appreciated & respected, to have my work acknowledged as good, and to be spoken well of to others. I don't want to be so hidden that my talent & contributions go ignored.

Oh, and fair compensation is a must. I know what I'm worth.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Getting attention makes me feel like I am bragging, so I try to do stuff behind the scenes. Recognition makes me feel like a dipshit.

NæturVindur

MBTI Type
INFJ
Often I do prefer to take of things behind the scenes, but there are times when I really want recognition. If I'm on a stage performing, I like being told that I did well. Compliments make me feel good. However, if I'm doing someone a favor, I like seeing their face of joy that some "fairy god-mother" took care of things for them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i deleted my previous post because i wasn't quite sure what i wanted to say..too tired i guess...anyway...

i don't care about rewards or winning anything....i don't care about getting credit for things...i don't need to lead but i will if it makes sense for me to. i hate public speaking but don't mind being on stage...so i guess it could just go either way. i don't mind the spotlight but i don't necessarily seek it out.

it has a lot to do with the type of environment too. i do better and am much more comfortable in a non formal environment.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't mind presenting in front of people, I find it is a great experience for personal growth. But, I dislike hogging the spotlight; I like to give others a fair opportunity to express themselves. I could go either behind the scenes or to the forefront depending on the situation.

G

garbage

Hell no. "Get things going" is definitely my style. I do whatever it is that needs to be done to make things move, which sometimes means either stepping into a leadership role or allowing someone else to take it. You know, whatever works.

P

Phantonym

I am a behind the scenes person, very much so. I love being the drive behind something while staying in the background, observing everything and making sure that things run smoothly. I can thrive in such an environment...as long as it is known by the people that matter that I have an important part in the equation. I can put up a good face and endure for quite a long time when I'm taken for granted, I can play along, but when I will blow up, and it will definitely happen sooner or later, it will be nuclear. So, in order to avoid that, I have no problem with voicing my concerns when it is needed. Being a doormat is not my idea of personal success.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Whatever role I need to take I form myself to. Sometimes this is working behind the scenes and sometimes it is leading. Ive done both and havent figured out which I prefer. Whatever people need me to be I guess.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i am definitely behind the scenes. i know who to talk to and how if i have a vision or goal i feel strongly about implementing... i'm not foolish enough to think anyone will most listen to me as a figurehead or authority figure when to them i probably appear very mousy...

let's just say i am more adept than i look, and i am most comfortable with things that way. too much attention on me is nerve-wracking and detracts from my ability to focus and really do a good job. i am more dedicated to outcomes than credit by far anyway....though it is nice when someone takes notice of a job well done, of course.

i have an ENFP friend who tells me i am more of a leader than i realize, but i think i lead more by example than by charismatic motivational means. i'll leave that to the experts.

i think i work best either a confidant, right hand (wo)man type, or simply as a gun for hire.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i don't care about rewards or winning anything....i don't care about getting credit for things...i don't need to lead but i will if it makes sense for me to. i hate public speaking but don't mind being on stage...so i guess it could just go either way. i don't mind the spotlight but i don't necessarily seek it out.

it has a lot to do with the type of environment too. i do better and am much more comfortable in a non formal environment.

Pretty similar to this. I know when doing anything charitable I'd prefer people didn't know.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Its like this humble, don't tell me, I am comfortable behind the scenes to propel others into success or good fortune, inspire them and yet would dislike very much to stand out and be given anything for it.

To propel others into success or good fortune? Pfft. Screw other people. Victory and accomplishment is MINE! :devil:

Seriously though, it depends. If it is something that I care deeply about and have put a lot of effort into, then hell yes I want recognition. I want awards, articles written about me, etc, etc. I like to know when I have done well. I may not always know how to accept compliments, but I do like them. :yes:

But if it is something inconsequential, something I don't care about, then nah, it doesn't really matter. I have an odd way of accepting compliments though, either I get really sarcastic or I get really awkward, or I get really cocky but in a sarcastic way. I don't know how to gracefully smile and say, thank you. Ahahaa.

I won't go out of my way to boast, but if it is something I put my 'soul' into, then uhm yes, applause please. :D