• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFPs, your dream job...

Chloe

Are you doing your dream job?

if not, is there oportunity in nearer future to do so?

do you know what your dream job would look like?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, no, and no.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
at least you have some idea of it in your mind?:yes:

My experience is that whatever job i consider to be perfect for me, eventually doesn't turn out to be for me, due to 'hidden' tasks that I didn't see were included and take up a large chunk of it.

So..when it comes to jobhunting..I kinda lost all hope. I'm still trying to scout and figure out what's right for me but...I dare not hope :)

In a perfect world, I'd go for a job as animal behaviorist, running my own cat rescue, horse trainer, counsellor, columnist or writer. In a fantasy world, I'd go for nypmh (= forest protector).

In reality, I know those jobs come with tasks that I suck at or really hate, though. Oh well :)

Chloe

My experience is that whatever job i consider to be perfect for me, eventually doesn't turn out to be for me, due to 'hidden' tasks that I didn't see were included and take up a large chunk of it.

So..when it comes to jobhunting..I kinda lost all hope. I'm still trying to scout and figure out what's right for me but...I dare not hope :)

In a perfect world, I'd go for a job as animal behaviorist, running my own cat rescue, horse trainer, counsellor, columnist or writer. In a fantasy world, I'd go for nypmh (= forest protector).

In reality, I know those jobs come with tasks that I suck at or really hate, though. Oh well :)

You sound like you'd be very good for counselling! There is very little paper work with that job, i think:)

I also have no idea what's my dream job :/ fuck "dream", i have no idea what is job that i'd like to DO at all! :D you know, show up every day!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smiles*

Thank you :)
I dunno though, I like to give advice, but I don't have the degree to be a counsellor, and I don't like the options I would have to be employed. Either it's for a firm, which is in the best interest of the firm..not the people themselves, or I'd have to be self-employed which is a nightmare in Belgium.

I still plan on getting my Masters in Psychology at some point though ;)

What about you?

Chloe

*smiles*

Thank you :)
I dunno though, I like to give advice, but I don't have the degree to be a counsellor, and I don't like the options I would have to be employed. Either it's for a firm, which is in the best interest of the firm..not the people themselves, or I'd have to be self-employed which is a nightmare in Belgium.

I still plan on getting my Masters in Psychology at some point though ;)

What about you?

ah, well if you get your masters you can be counsellor...

self employment is nightmare there? HUH. why?
here it seems to me it's the only way to have decent money if you're self employed.

.. about me... my dream job is only work when i feel like it, less than 5 hours per day. :D

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am working my way to my dream job (As of right now) I have always changed what I thought was my dream job. It used to be as a graphic designer. but I have changed it to working with children either at a daycare or a christian preschool or a normal preschool. From learning about myself more because of Myers Brigg, I realized that graphic design isnt for me. I always knew that I loved working with children or just being around them. I feel they understand me and I understand them. Do any other ENFP or INFPS feel the same way?

I just got a job working as a babysitter/nanny for a 6 and 7 year old. Its just a part time job, but it will be good for me while im going to school to get my bachelors degree. Im getting my degree for Christian Leadership.
I am also getting my state license so I can work at a day care.
:cheese:

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
oh and one more thing i wanted to ad.

I never wanted a job where I felt like all I was doing was work. I want a job that I really enjoy and it can be a good part of my life. Also, I want to be able to take time off for however long I want when I have children of my own.

I think being a parent will be my dream job as well. I wont consider that a job though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ah, well if you get your masters you can be counsellor...

self employment is nightmare there? HUH. why?
here it seems to me it's the only way to have decent money if you're self employed.

.. about me... my dream job is only work when i feel like it, less than 5 hours per day. :D

Hehe, you and me both. Since that's not an option, I would rather have a job that doesn't feel like work to me, coz it' something i naturally feel like doing ;)

It's a nightmare administration-wise. I hate bookkeeping, I hate getting insurance, doing administration, keeping bills and getting tons of mail from the government, getting clients, doing PR, counting stock, etc etc. It's just...*argh*!

I've done it before, it's a frigging nightmare

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, ?, and no.

I just want to tap dance every day of my life.

And I really like Japan.

Hmm...

sculpting

I think the trick to getting past all the shit aspects of a job for an NF is the emotional pull. There is something in the job that makes you feel emotionally devoted which serves to energize you to complete the detailed work.

I need to find a job that better utilizes this. If I am helping another person it is an energy rush. It makes me very happy.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I am working my way to my dream job (As of right now) I have always changed what I thought was my dream job. It used to be as a graphic designer. but I have changed it to working with children either at a daycare or a christian preschool or a normal preschool. From learning about myself more because of Myers Brigg, I realized that graphic design isnt for me. I always knew that I loved working with children or just being around them. I feel they understand me and I understand them. Do any other ENFP or INFPS feel the same way?

I just got a job working as a babysitter/nanny for a 6 and 7 year old. Its just a part time job, but it will be good for me while im going to school to get my bachelors degree. Im getting my degree for Christian Leadership.
I am also getting my state license so I can work at a day care.
:cheese:

I wouldn't give up on graphic design because of Myers-Briggs. ENFPs can do okay at graphic design if they get the skills. INFPs and ESFPs tend to be exceptionally good at it, so if you are lucky enough to have mistyped... :D

Also your dreams and interests come before what the test tells you. The test helps you identify the areas you might be satisfied in. If you know you like something else better and it satisfies you more, it is normally good choice.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I want to be a musician or rock star, but I can't play music so that's a bit of a problem.

Second choice would probably be a writer, if I had the patience.

Another ideal would be to solve some big maths or physics problem, become a millionaire, give up on work, study medicine, then go wandering across the world treating people with weird diseases like on House.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like to be a philosopher, but since you generally don't see philospher advertised in the job ads...I wouldn't mind being an ethics adviser or some thing like that...but that probably invovles boring paper work.
Otherwise, I'd like to come up with some ground shaking theory... in a scenorio where I become a world reknown eccentric reclusive with a reputation for having fasicinating and interesting lovers, but I'm kinda short on inspiration in that department.

Eventually though, I'd like to become a clinical psychologist with a cheesey, but best selling self help book under her belt, and burgeoning private practise. - I actually think this option would be possible (achievable), which says much about my grips on reality, LOL.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are you doing your dream job?

Not yet. My current job allows me to do some of the things I want, but at the same time I'm also doing things (project management) that I don't want :tongue:

Chloee said:
if not, is there oportunity in nearer future to do so?

If I get promoted a couple of more times, then I'll get more time for the inventive, creative stuff and less on the nitty-gritty

Chloee said:
do you know what your dream job would look like?

I don't know if my current job is the exact job, but I do know the impact I want to make. And recently there have been some signs that I'm getting there somewhat :) My research lab is working together with the UN FAO and some of the work that I've done previously will probably be used by the agency. It's not really solving the world hunger problem, but hey, small steps at a time :D

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Getting there..

Dream job? Eventually soon, I hope.

My dream job allows me to set my own time, to go to bed at 2 a.m., wake up and go to work at noon. I hope to be able to teach and also be a personal mentor, working with inner city teens/young adults, and then opening my own private practice, small charity, start up some kind of business..

Eventually, I want to be able to branch out and work as an interpreter, sorta like an ambassador, using my 2nd maybe 3rd language abilities (when I get to it) but working with leaders of different countries, and perhaps bridge gaps somehow. I know, this all doesn't seem to make sense right now, but I know it will eventually.

:)

Dream job is also something that allows me to be able to travel. I want to also incorporate art/photography.. IDK.. All I know is I love to just get out there and 'explore.'

Cool question! I don't know exactly 100% where I'm going, but I know I'm going somewhere, closer to my goals.. closer to mah heart! :yes:

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a pretty great job now, but it's far from my "dream job" (I have high dreams).

When I studied at the university (psychology) I dreamed of working as an Analyical Psychologist just like Jung...:blush:
It seemed quite aloof though, and gradually I changed course.

My dream jobs now are still quite lofty, but a man can dream, right? :)
- Inventor
- Creative writer/creator/director of a comedy show, either animated or "real".
- Musician/Guitar player (in a band that manages to live well on the music).
- Researcher space/astronomy/physics/future issues/psychology.

The dream would be to be able to work abroad and travel, let's say from the middle of september
to the start of may (Japan preferably), and half the year in my native country.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No

Maybe

"Space Janitor" ;)

luminous beam