• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFPs, your dream job...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe not dream job, but i'm happy with the freedom i have.

Not sure

I have never really had a "dream" job ideal, hence above answers, i wish it was clear. I always get really into something then change my mind, it's very frustrating.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, I do not have my dream job (or any job). I'm a graphic designer & feel pretty sure that anything in graphic design will never be a "dream". The commercial aspect sucks most of the joy, and dealing with clients makes you homicidal.

My dream job would be creative, flexible, and deal very little (if at all) with serving clients or the public.

I've thought that working as a fashion designer (small boutiques, nothing huge), an architect, a songwriter/musician (successful enough to pay the bills), an illustrator, a travel writer, a novelist, & a psychologist (research & teaching over counseling) would be interesting, but I'm sure they all have a hidden downside, some being similar to the downside of graphic design.

Ultimately, I'd like to be some sort of bohemian (is that a job?) - you know, one of those people who somehow manages to support themselves making fine art and writing poetry and novels and who lives in some nice loft in a downtown area and/or a quaint, isolated countryside, occasionally meeting up with their Bohemian posse to swap ideas and get tipsy. I'm pretty sure you have to be born into money to do that.

EDIT: I've noticed that the problem with my dream jobs & many NF dream jobs is that you have to be exceptionally good at them to make it work for you as a career. If you're at the bottom of the totem pole in these occupations, then it's more like a nightmare, and few climb to the top. Not so with other less "lofty" dreams....I mean, my SP sister feels she'd be happy as a bartender or a hairdresser - not so hard to achieve. When I think of more reasonably attainable jobs, they just don't seem like anything I'd want to do.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't have a dream job.

But a dream life- to travel all over the world, operate a five star restaurant as well as a music venue/ art gallery.

I'd get to see the world and learn of all its beauty and splendor, provide good amazing food and a space for musicians and artists to showcase their work.

Basically I want to do whatever I want while simultaneously giving some form of joy and entertainment back via support of the arts and fine cuisine.

*sigh*

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ew. Who wants to work? ;)

I want to be a screenwriter.

Until then...I volunteer, I travel, I read good books, I decorate cakes, I attend college just to learn, and when I am finished, I will be skilled at making decisions reguarding community sustainablity. When I have my career, I would like to write that darned screenplay and own a restaraunt. I'm pretty sure it would be boring to be one thing. :D

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sort of have my dream job. I'm in grad school for communications strategy (advertising), but we do handle real clients. So, I'm kind of employed in the field.

I love it. The sheer variety of the stuff we get to do is amazing (we were even hired to depose a certain government official (not American) using media alone).

All the consumer research we get to do - the focus groups, the expert interviews - that's why I chose the field. However, I've also fallen in love with brainstorming new ways to tell a brand story. And learning the craft of persuasion. And presentation skills. Ah, and new product development. That's my favorite.

Still, dream job or no, I'm a restless girl. I know I won't do this forever. I'm thinking as a post career I'd love to be a patient advocate working for a hospital. Or an inventor. OR get more involved in the Welsh-language movement.

I need another few lives.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My dream job: Learning and experiencing things and getting paid to do it.
In the near future: Not really.
What I'm going for instead: A job that will challenge me, put my knowledge and skills to good use for society, and afford me the money I'd need to do the things I want to do with my life.
What I'd like to do that's possible: just work in other countries in general.
Fantasy dream job: Probably protecting something.. I could see myself being a knight, or a mercenary of sorts. I wouldn't mind being a treasure hunter either.

skittlesloli

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm stuck between pursuing art or pursuing language. I love language and I want to become fluent in them and use them for... something. I love art too and would love to pursue that as well. Currently I'm stuck in customer service, but due to some possible good fortune I'll be able to at least stock up on things like paints, copics and paper.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
a monk/saint.

because 'deity' is certainly not a realistic option.

Nathaniel

I am not doing my dream job but I am happy and satisfied with the job now I am doing...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have a few...i think i'll do them at different points in my life. right now i'm going for the photography one. :)

it's important i be my own boss and have creative control, flexibility and that it's different all the time and i can use my strengths....people and creativity. :)

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Yes, I love what I do it was the first and only, "what I want to be" when I was little. It grew from "what I WANT to be" to "what I NEED to be"

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you doing your dream job?

No, not really, even if I can use most of my abilities well in the current job.

if not, is there oportunity in nearer future to do so?

Maybe

do you know what your dream job would look like?

My dream job is something where I would help people, help to increase the goodness in this world. Where I would feel my work is significant for me and for somebody else too. I don't know if I ever have guts to actually find my dream job.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I love what I do it was the first and only, "what I want to be" when I was little. It grew from "what I WANT to be" to "what I NEED to be"
I envy you.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Stressed, almost in crisis right now with the lack of income and undream jobs I'm doing, and how amazingly underemployed I have to be to get to my goals. Whether they happen or not depends entirely on my own health and how much it'll improve my own will to achieve what I want.

Helping people transform their lives through motivational and health improvements through workshops and health seminars. I want to be a speaker of some sort that changes peoples preconceived notions about who they are. And to then take on the damaging industries that damage our health and change their business practices, although naturally this last one would be far too expensive so I'd have to settle for the first.

Then again in my younger years I would have been just as content to be a games tester. :D

Oh yeah and an artist of some sort too, that would be cool, in design and such.

file cabinet

What I'm going for instead: A job that will challenge me, put my knowledge and skills to good use for society, and afford me the money I'd need to do the things I want to do with my life.
I share this sentiment. I'm about to finish my undergrad but I'm already looking for new things I can do to challenge myself (masters program, outdoor stuff, other careers, etc).
right now I'm focused primarily on what I want to do because I see them as being things I need to do. I don't quite have any big or ambitious dreams about where I'll be in 20 years since I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm instead focusing on what I would like to do within the next 2-7 years. I would like to take different skills from different working environments and have a kind of fusion of abilities and knowledge. I want to do things the hard way because that's how I seem to learn best. I want to do things with my hands and not have to sit in front of a computer all day.

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
My dream job:
To be one the best philosopher professors in the world, wille am the president of the library of congress, one the biggest libraries in the world, and I can work my own hours =D...

However this job seems far off right now, ive been getting more jaded and cynical as i have grown up and am a little more grounded, I guess...

Are you doing your dream job?
nope.

if not, is there oportunity in nearer future to do so?
Posssibly...

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
dream job would be no job.

realistically I'd like to help write material for table-top role-playing games / video games or keep at drawing and become a digital artist (I can't really practice on the laptop I have now :( ).

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to be a musician or rock star, but I can't play music so that's a bit of a problem..

:rofl1:

Its my observation that NFPs dream job would be basically to just play all day :rofl1: ...you guys werent meant for work :D