• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] an ENFP experiment

sculpting

Try THIS!!!

So I sat at lunch with my entp today and she had me try a neat exercise. I was going to see if I could experiment on my fellow ENFPs and see if you guys notice the same thing.

For Fi-First imagine the sensation of opening yourself up to emotion. Relax away defensive walls and barriers. Identify where the emotion derives from. What kinesthetic properties define it? Identify sensations-feelings in your body that go along with that state. Create a list of them in your mind. Identify a word that captures that state. (For me the word was watermelon. It feels like watermelon. My center lies in my throat) Imagine yourself in a situation-remember the word that captured the state-now imagine letting your body “feel” that word in that future situation.

Take your right hand-hold the sensations and the word in your hand. Isolate everything in your hand. Move it from your body into your hand. You should be able to “feel” it.

For Te-imagine the sensations that Te evokes. For me it is a strengthening, a tension, a direct forceful confidence. Identify all of the physical sensations-for me my center, my being, moves behind my eyes. a defensive barrier. Again, capture those sensations into memory. Give them a word-“anneal” was a good one for me.

Take your left hand-hold the sensations and the word in your left hand. Again isolate everything there, moving it out of your body. You should be able to feel it all isolated in your hand.

Now in your right hand capture the Fi and in your left hand capture the Te.

Bring your hands closer together and let your palms turn to face each other slowly. As they move closer, you should begin to feel the two blend and combine. After a bit of practice noticing the two hands individually and at various distances-combine your hands into one and allow the two sensations to merge fully creating something new.

It was freakily weird.

gromit

likes this
For Te-imagine the sensations that Te evokes. For me it is a strengthening, a tension, a direct forceful confidence. Identify all of the physical sensations-for me my center, my being, moves behind my eyes. a defensive barrier. Again, capture those sensations into memory. Give them a word-“anneal” was a good one for me.

I don't know what my Te is.

sculpting

I don't know what my Te is.

Think about when you feel exceptionally analytical or when you are on a mission to protect someone else. That strength and willpower? I think that is Te. Even with your new type ;) you would still have some of the same sensations.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Think about when you feel exceptionally analytical or when you are on a mission to protect someone else. That strength and willpower? I think that is Te. Even with your new type ;) you would still have some of the same sensations.

I think that may be "Te + Fi".

For me, Te is usually more calm, self-assured, everything "just makes sense."

There does come a time, for me, when things "don't make sense," and I need them to make sense very quickly. A sense of urgency comes along with the Te, and I can become abrupt and a bit prickly. I call it my "problem-solving mode." I'm rude, but not particularly unkind - it's more that unless interacting with a person is helping me solve a problem, I'll not encourage the interaction. I believe this, too, is Te + Fi. There is a core motivation that is saying, "Solve this problem, now."

By analogy, I would gently suggest that Te doesn't "feel like" anything to an ENFP. Rather, you encounter things in your world, and they usually just "make sense." You don't even have to think that hard: you just organize and order things, sometimes simply to please yourself, sometimes to accomplish a task as efficiently as possible so that you can go back to having fun. It isn't "cold", even though it looks like that when you see INTJs in action. Rather, it's just "not warm and emotive."

I think that when Fi and Te work together, that they feel rather much the same for INTJ and ENFP. I could completely identify with Oro's description: Fi makes a call in which one is completely confident, and Te executes that which is needed to follow through.

For the INTJ, Fi leans very hard on Te: Ni+Te works so damn well, after a while, that Fi simply has no reason to doubt Te-decisions. Fi is simply confident and secure as long as Ni+Te is in charge, and that is, I believe, a source of the INTJ confidence/arrogance. I think ENFPs can tap into this effect/feeling to a degree, depending on the individual.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that may be "Te + Fi".

For me, Te is usually more calm, self-assured, everything "just makes sense."

There does come a time, for me, when things "don't make sense," and I need them to make sense very quickly. A sense of urgency comes along with the Te, and I can become abrupt and a bit prickly. I call it my "problem-solving mode." I'm rude, but not particularly unkind - it's more that unless interacting with a person is helping me solve a problem, I'll not encourage the interaction. I believe this, too, is Te + Fi. There is a core motivation that is saying, "Solve this problem, now."

By analogy, I would gently suggest that Te doesn't "feel like" anything to an ENFP. Rather, you encounter things in your world, and they usually just "make sense." You don't even have to think that hard: you just organize and order things, sometimes simply to please yourself, sometimes to accomplish a task as efficiently as possible so that you can go back to having fun. It isn't "cold", even though it looks like that when you see INTJs in action. Rather, it's just "not warm and emotive."

I think that when Fi and Te work together, that they feel rather much the same for INTJ and ENFP. I could completely identify with Oro's description: Fi makes a call in which one is completely confident, and Te executes that which is needed to follow through.

For the INTJ, Fi leans very hard on Te: Ni+Te works so damn well, after a while, that Fi simply has no reason to doubt Te-decisions. Fi is simply confident and secure as long as Ni+Te is in charge, and that is, I believe, a source of the INTJ confidence/arrogance. I think ENFPs can tap into this effect/feeling to a degree, depending on the individual.

Your avatar picture is very appropriate to this topic.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
That was pretty hard to do. I actually felt more when reading and picturing it than when I actually did it. It's usually hard for me to dig deep into my emotions, but I'll try again later. Really cool concept, though.

gromit

likes this
I want to try it, but I just don't know what to imagine in my left hand...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to try it, but I just don't know what to imagine in my left hand...

I know what you mean.

Me, I reversed it, and put Fi in my left hand and Te in my right. Look at my current avatar to see what I used for Fi in my left hand. (Yes, I chose the avatar as inspired by the topic of this thread, that Oro mentioned to me in another context.) For Te, it was tough to decide. I thought computer keyboard, mouse, remote control, but eventually settled on my iPhone, since that's kind of a catch-all Te thing for me, juggling email and phone and internet and IM and texting and calendar schedules and alarms and calculator and map and GPS all in one.

Fortunately, bringing Fi and Te together didn't set my iPhone on fire.

gromit

likes this
Wait, so you actually held the iPhone? Why did you switch hands? Because you are right-handed?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait, so you actually held the iPhone? Why did you switch hands? Because you are right-handed?

Hahahahah.

No, the iPhone was just an image. It would be cool to evoke a ball of fire in my hand, though!

I switched hands because My right hand seemed more "Te" to me and my left seemed more Fi. Perhaps it's because Te is stronger for me. Anyway, it's just a thought-experiment/meditation, so I doubt it matters much which hand, so long as it works.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The word for Fi was "fluid" and the word for Te was "metal."

I'm not sure it's such a good idea to combine them too much. I think I already have a problem with doing that. Neat exercise, though.