• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Life is the saddest story there is.

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.

Dahlila

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:hug: Life can be a story of tragedy or a story of joy. I think you need to come to terms with your own mortality. Don't over think.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
It is also a matter of perspective. :hug:

I can get stuck in the loop as well, but since I am not happy there, I really try to bring myself out of it.

The things we remember most are based on the emotions we felt (because of the chemical reactions that go with them) that goes for the good and bad memories, so it seems that there is a choice of focus. *smile*

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
You're born, you grow up and swish through life one year after another. You find these other people and find them intriguing, fun, mysterious, inspiring and great. After what seems to be a somewhat confusing rollercoaster, suddenly you're at school around the others. Then at highschool graduation you look at the great friends you've made and you think about how life tears you apart when it splits everyone in different directions. But somehow you press on, taking it as it comes, it doesn't seem too bad. New friends always come, and we should think on the bright side after all. But you're lying in your bed one night and realise, life is an illusion; you can handle it, you strive and aim for your goals, hang with your friends and talk to them so deeply even after the many years that have passed. But then the inevitable becomes so clear; after the decades of learning, inspiring, being with your family and making the greatest bonds with the best friends you could ever have, everything just... disappears. You're gone in an instant, people think and then forget; others tell your stories as their own, life just falls apart and vanishes like it never existed in the first place. It was just a dream.

That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever. You don't wake up from your sleep, and life goes on like you weren't even there. It's just like all of the people who have passed - every single one had their own stories to tell.

Instead of thinking of the things you've never done or "the good old times", think of all the things you could be doing right now!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ya know...i don't know if it's an enfp thing or what but it makes me horribly sad to not have enough time or enough experiences with people i love...it's like there's too much love and not enough time...life takes you away from people you love too often and it is sad. :(

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Life can be fun

... if you really want it to be.

You see, shit happens. Everybody is going through a rough time from time to time, but the trick is to get something possitive from that bad stuff. Learn from it. If you want to, you can help other people with it. In the end, it can even make you happier, stronger, except if you go sit in a corner and weep for the rest of your life.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Instead of thinking of the things you've never done or "the good old times", think of all the things you could be doing right now!

:yes:

gromit

likes this
I'm not trying to be unsympathetic. I truly believe that we make our own meaning, doing things infuses meaning into them... building relationships, learning, climbing mountains, learning a new skill... living with love is the most meaningful thing I can think of. :hug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or maybe I'm just a bit depressed from over-thinking

Luckily we have the people in this world that love to learn about where people before them came from and we have lineage websites to help us research where we came from.

At the end of the day your mark is left on society. Knowledge moves on and we progress. Any small change you make to someones life will be carried on as knowledge. Look how much we know now because the people before us taught someone else. While its possible that a name is fogotten or a story is misplaced, you cant take away the fact that you made a difference in this world.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
ewww, that's totally what i think about too every day. i sort of trick myself into thinking that if i can just get a hold of NEW that i will be fine though... so Ne has me running around like a crazy person 24/7!

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. You're right.

It is sad. There's no way out. We mean nothing.

Welcome to existentialism, fellow ENFP. Congratulations on not doing the same mistake so many of our type fall into, which is to find some arbitrary but emotionally validating construct [ex: quantum spirituality] to bypass the conflict you're feeling.

Ne will suggest a million things - all useless, which should send you back crying to Fi where something like "life having no meaning" is less productive than chanting the Buddhist diamond suttra to an amoeba.

Unless you're a panpsychist, in which case... enjoy your conversation with your anthropomorphized friend.

Otherwise, the void welcomes you with open arms.
: )

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
That almost made me want to quit smoking. Almost.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This Existentialism thing must be your J side needing a reason or goal or something for things. My J side is extremely weak.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Thinkerninja said:
That moment when you feel you're about to be wiped from existence, you think about the things you never achieved, the conversations you never had, the things you never saw or experienced, the people you never met, the things you never said to express how you felt about the people you cared about the most. And just when you realise; all of it is taken away - forever and ever.

Imagine if you had done all those things you regret not doing in those final moments. Imagine if some part of you, somewhere, had experienced things you hadn't here. Imagine a trillion yous, spread across all of existence, connected with a web-like soul; layers and layers of you, who, collectively make every choice there is to be made and experience everything there is to experience. Imagine the recombination of this gigantic web; a crystal clear recollection of every single life lived..

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Even if you can 'remember' by imagination, its worth, feeling and memory is much less than that of reality. Why can't so many things be real? Why can't so many things even be made real? Why does life choose to make any world a sad course? :cry: Why does imagination have to run such a wild course!?