• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Hug? Am I really this sad?

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I currently have this strange desire (in a platonic-love-ish-way) to go around hugging all my best friends, yet I dont because it would be too strange and sudden/spontaneous and probably uncomfortable. I hardly ever hug people. I feel kind of sad, aaah why is this? I also don't generally like initiating hugs because I don't really know 'how to'? Or just because of the awkwardness. I'm also afraid that friends would just reject my hug (it does hurt) :cry:

Does anyone know why this is? Is it depression? Or am I just 'poorly' developing my auxillary Fi? AAahhh ..

Hug? :wubbie:

P

Phantonym

:hug: :)

Maybe you're just feeling a bit lonely lately. It's not necessarily depression. Desire for physical closeness, even if it is platonic, can also be a desire for security and connection to people.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
I currently have this strange desire (in a platonic-love-ish-way) to go around hugging all my best friends, yet I dont because it would be too strange and sudden/spontaneous and probably uncomfortable. I hardly ever hug people. I feel kind of sad, aaah why is this? I also don't generally like initiating hugs because I don't really know 'how to'? Or just because of the awkwardness. I'm also afraid that friends would just reject my hug (it does hurt) :cry:

Does anyone know why this is? Is it depression? Or am I just 'poorly' developing my auxillary Fi? AAahhh ..

:hug:

I know how you feel. I get random urges to hug my close friends but normally dont because it would be too awkward.

It passes.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Same for me, dawg.

I say just find an excuse to hug them and show them you appreciate them. Just because you're an FP doesn't mean you can't use Fe :)

They'll appreciate it. Unless, like, you're a biker and have lots of biker friends :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I never felt the urge to hug ANYONE unless I shared a reaaally deep connection with them.

I don't hug my mom, my dad, my sisters or my brother. I don't hug my friends. And ya know what? I'm quite fine with it :)

I kinda put it next to kissing and sex. It's something I value in a romantic relationship...but not really outside of it. It's too intimate.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I find it really awkward to give hugs. I don't know why! When someone hugs me, I feel uncomfortable. I start inwardly thinking and starting to feel insecure.

I don't give hugs out..I don't think I've actually given a real one in real life. EVER! Not that I can remember in these teenage years..

Homosexuality kinda played a big part...Maybe?

Arrgh I'm such an unlovable person :doh:!

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants hugs - loveee is so great and makes you get that fluffy feeling inside. (did that make sense?)

Haha @Sytpg, who I consider to be one of my closest friends is an ISTJ-I would love to hug her but oh my it would be very awkward and I would presume probably uncomfortable for her.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Big:hug: I'm a fairly tactile person, i understand.

sculpting

oh, this is weird. I get what you are saying though. Typically I dont like to have other people touch me at all. But sometimes I get in this crazy ass mode where I really want to hug certain people.

I then go hug my ENTP friend. MUHUHUHAHAHHGAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes her cringe.

I hug INTJs too and will give ISTJs cute little arm hugs.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Oh man, that sounds soooo ENFP. I think ENFPs can get surprisingly shy about things that hit on Fi - like the fear of rejection, etc. I am super touchy feely with people I date (or have been dating a while), children...small furry animals...lol. I'm not kidding. And I'm touchy feely with friends who are likewise touchy feely and I know they do not mind.

Fi makes motivates you out of the blue sometimes to do something like hug someone or start doing a jig of happiness in the street. Overthinking it is what causes the awkwardness.

I think as you mature/progress whatever it is you need to mature/progress, you get a lot more comfortable in your skin and act more 'naturally'. Which includes hugging people when you feel like it.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I LOVE hugs :hug:

Even as a grown adult, sometimes when I see my family members, I still run up to them and hug them every time I see them, not just in a loose hugs kinda way, but an "embrace me" please, hold me, hug? Please? Hug meeh? Cuddle? Next to me? Now? lol :)

I can really get all snuggly with people I have close bonds with.

I don't like strangers touching me though. Especially when I'm on a date? It's like, "getch ur paws off me!"

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

If you were to approach your friends and tell them with perfect sincerity that you need a hug, would they really deny you?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Find friends who like to hug.

Or, even better, hug your friends, even awkwardly. Just say, "Hi," and give 'em a hug as you do so. If you just do so, it becomes "normal," because you deem it so.

I think it's very much a cultural thing. I know people who hug everyone, because that's just how they grew up, and others who don't, for similar reasons. Since I started dancing, I've noticed that people are way more huggy than usual. The "touch barrier" has already been broken by the dancing. I'll even warn someone that they don't have to hug me, I'm already rather sweaty having danced a lot ... and they'll hug me anyway!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aww I'll give you a hug. :hug: