• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] With which types do you get along the best?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was just wondering if there are any particular type / temperament that NF's get along the best. Or is it just a question of personal taste?

So, the question is:
With which MBTI types/ temperament do you get along the best? Why do you think that is? With which MBTI types / temperaments don't you get along with?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -
My own observations:

- ESFP's are really easy to get along with and I usually enjoy their company a lot.

- I usually like ESFJ's and Fi & Fe types in general although the J-types tend to annoy a bit me if they try to control me. (People with main F-function feel usually "soft" and I usually like them straight away).

-I had real good connection with some NF-types, xNFJ's in particular. INFP's are harder to "reach". (Don't have too much experience with ENFP's except myself :D )

- The most interesting conversations are usually with iNtuitive types, because they usually like to talk other things than reality stuff. :D

- All the F types like to speculate about people and relationships (usually) so they are nice to talk to most of the time.

- ENTJ's are usually nice to talk to, they have a vision and are clear and intelligent.

- ENTP's are really fun people.

- ESTP's are also fun, although they could slow it down sometimes and think for a while. :D

- INTx's are also interesting to talk to if they see me as worthy of their time :D (If they see that I have brains and intuition behind the buzz and me talking all the time.)

- I have the most difficult time with the most controlling types (ESTJ's in particular if they try to control me) and some of the NT's when they get arrogant.

- I find it difficult to get along with really pedant ISTJ's who are really serious (not all of them are).

- ISTP's sense of humour can be sometimes intimidating although I have a good practice of it with my ISTP husband... :D

- I don't like really blunt (some ESTJ's) and unfriendly people (T-people sometimes)

Of temperaments, I usually like NF's and SP's straight away, especially Extroverts (because Introverts don't always let me to know them). NT's are usually interesting but a bit more difficult to understand than NF's or SP's. With SJ's I have the most trouble although I do get along nicely with ESFJ's (as said before).

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's odd (sorry slight tangent and I'm not an NF, hope these grevious transgressions are forgiveable). The ENFP I know can't stand the ISTJ I know..... odd because one is the shadow of the other.. I quite like ESFJs myself and ISFJs and ENTPs seem to get on fine.. Very odd..

Anyhow just thought I'd mention it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have yet to find a type who's membership mostly impresses me or disgusts me... for me the negatives and positives end up balancing eachother out.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My closest friends in real life are: INFJ, INFJ, ENfJ/ENtJ, and ENFP.

I also have an ISFJ coworker who I'm becoming closer to.

My brother is INTP and I love him and get along really well with him. I also know of another INTP male who I get along pretty well with -- we've always had interesting discussions, and there haven't been any 'problems' with anything.

Romantically I've been with ENFP, ENFJ, and ENTJ - that is, actual relationships. I've probably come across nearly all of the types in dating, though. ENTJ was the most contentious romantic relationship, as we never fully understood each other or connected terribly well.

I know one INFP, who I adore. He's the wisest man I know, and is so special to me.

Most of the people I hung out with in college though were T's - ST's or NT's, with maybe a few NF's thrown in - I was in the engineering crowd. We got along pretty well, although on a deep level I've never really connected with my IsTJ friend or the eSTJ one. The ENTJ one, though, yes, we got along well.

I think ENTJ's are hit or miss for me. I've gotten along well and maintained relationships with a few, but I've also had huge blowups/misunderstandings with two, where neither of us has had a desire to resume the relationship afterwards. So it boils down to fundamental differences in how we process things, I guess, and the ones I'm still friends with are ones who hold similar values as I do, and are probably closer to the F side of T.

ESFJ - I know some in real life, and get along fine; I just feel I operate on a different plane, so don't think we have much in comon

ENTP - don't know of any for certain, although as a kid I'm pretty sure I got along really well with an ENTP female - we had a lot of fun together

*ISTP - don't know of any for sure

ISFP - don't have any in my life right now, I don't know

INTJ - probably knew some in engineering, but I guess I've never had any close to me in real life, so I have no examples

*ESFP - none close to me in real life, but I'm positive I've been acquainted to some; again, never close relationships

ESTP - none close to me in real life; don't know of any ones for sure, but when I think of ESTP, my mind conjures up the image of a player/womanizer/stockbroker (don't know why, I just think stockbroker!!), so I'm kinda scared of them and don't trust them!
--------
*I should add that at the climbing gym, I'd guess the 3 guys I typically climb with are ESFP, ISTP, and ENFJ guys. And in general, the climbing gym is probably quite SP -- all in all, the climbing people are very cool, fun people to hang around!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I deal best with xNTP types. (The conversation is scintillating.)

Then comes INFx types (depth of soul, vision, humanistic, interested in meaning), followed by ENFJ and then ENFP types.

Next, ISFJ. I simply understand them and know how to speak with them comfortably (they're also a safe environment, very gracious people). The differences do not stand out because I am low-key and responsible and kind and listen well... things they really appreciate.

Then comes ESFP. (Would score higher, but they are often so unfocused I get frustrated.) Then ISFP (wonderful people, loyal friends, kind and faithful, and low-key artsy/fun, but can get too moralist on traditional/feeling values and I clash with them on N and T then).

Then ISTP. (Would score higher, but they are often so concrete that friction results.)

Then usually INTJ and xSTJs. (They all operate with Te.)

And then ESFJ, and then ESTP (too much a "player," feel untrustworthy sometimes), and then ENTJ.

I don't know why ENTJ rates so low. I guess they just scare me. I can't "read" their emotions/intentions at all, and they seem to be very aggressive. Blank slates, that is what they are to me. (ESFJ rates higher because I generally can feel out what they think and thus know how to interact with them )without causing conflict.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So far? I actually seem to get along best with INTx's and xNFJ's (unless they disagree with me on something strongly... which actually makes them harder to deal with than an INTx in an equivalent situation.) Apparently I can also get along with some ENxP's, but not all of them. IxFP's are kind of hard for me... they make me feel like nothing I do is good enough, and I feel like they're abstruse, obtrusive, and unreasonable people most of the time. They can occasionally have good insights, though.

SJ's are something of a mixed bag. I can usually get along with them superficially if they're from a reasonably civilized area, otherwise they act so retarded/creepy I can't stand them. But I never really get that deeper connection with them, it just feels like a business conversation/situation.

Most SP's are hard to be around because they're too loud, and too physical. If they're in control enough and know how to retain their composure around me because I'm sensitive (I think this is rare), then I can get along with them, as long as I present my ideas in such a way that they can get a complete mental "picture" of it fairly rapidly. They can definitely see a few things SJ's can't, but it's hard to get them to focus long enough to notice...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get along with most everyone because I really like people and variety, but I do notice that the bulk of friend-herd is populated NTs with some SJs (ISFJ/ESFJ) and SPs (ESTP/ISTP).

My fulgent relationship with NTPs is well-documented so I'll skip it. My NTJs are VERY clarifying and also fellow plotters. I have a few SFPs as well (the Is are particular hell-raisers and I love them -- one of them, a close girlfriend of mine, told me she was going to walk up to heaven and punch God in the teeth for me. Stroppy little pagan.)

I also have a small knot of NFs, mostly all introverts.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Ive had two serious relationships. The first one was INFP. The most recent one was ENFP. Both were of the sexual-subtype (enneagram, if you know it)

INFP... Got along great. We were both too young and immature for it to work out.

ENFP... Amazing times. Always had fun together. Somewhat of an ideal. Things went well... Until I found out she had a boyfriend of 2 years that she lied to me about. After that, a whole slew of problems kept the relationship from progressing. What couldve been a perfect relationship turned out to be a nightmare. It could've worked.

I dont think the MBTI has much to do with who I get along with, but rather the Enneagram Variants. If there's another sx type around, we'll most likely connect. If someone is sx last, we probably bump heads sooner or later.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
As for dating, it's almost always Feeling types that I connect with. And I'm Te-first. I guess we both find that contrast appealing.

I think I would get bored with another Thinking type. Both of us would be too cold.

In friendships, I like almost any type. I find it hard to stomach some of the FJ types though. They are almost too friendly and bubbly sometimes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In friendships, I like almost any type. I find it hard to stomach some of the FJ types though. They are almost too friendly and bubbly sometimes.

I may puke on your shoes. In friendly way, of course.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... rather the Enneagram Variants. If there's another sx type around, we'll most likely connect. If someone is sx last, we probably bump heads sooner or later.

Hmmm, that is a good point. I connect best with other sx's too... they are willing to go deep deep deep, down into the dark with me. Wherever that ends up.

Social's are okay but I can't go very deep. They tend to stay closer to the surface.

Self-pres, I understand and can actually talk to well; but if they are too protective of their space, obviously the relationship cannot deepen.

I may puke on your shoes. In friendly way, of course.

lol, now I'm thinking of Stan repeatedly puking on Wendy throughout their long tawdry love affair on South Park.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I get along great with all NF's. It's usually because we tend to laugh at the same things and because we can discuss alot of things in depth.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Random ramblings on a few types and my relationships therewith:

INFP- I love INFPs! One of my closest friends is an INFP, and we get along great. We understand eachother well, enjoy talking about and doing the same things, and have almost no conflicts. To sound like the introverted introvert I am, spending time with her is almost as good as being alone. :cheers:

ISFP- I have a good friendship with my ISFP cousin. She's more detail oriented, fastidious, stylish, and generally competent than I am. I've benefited from her help with such things as makeup, hair, clothes, etc. On the other hand, she tells me I understand her extremely well, and is always exclaiming over my ability to guess what she is feeling, and to explain and articulate. We appreciate eachother's strengths, and help out with eachother's weaknesses.

ISFJ- They are good people (at least, the ones I know are). I know where I am with them, and how to deal with them. Relationships with ISFJs feel comfy, cozy, and reliable. My mommy is one. :hug:

ENTP- I like this type, but I have a hard time trusting them fully. Maybe it's just because I've known an ENTP jerk or two in my time. Or it might have more to do with the fact that I'm attracted to the NT thinking process, but am less at ease with extroverts? Thoughts on this, anyone?

ESTJ- Um. Please leave me alone and stop telling me what to do!! haha. I don't mean to sound mean, but this type can be a little nerve racking to me.

ISTJ- Good people to talk to/hang out with when you are trying to shake NF moodiness!

INTJ- I have two reactions to INTJs: 1) :steam: and 2) :wubbie:.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmm, that is a good point. I connect best with other sx's too... they are willing to go deep deep deep, down into the dark with me. Wherever that ends up.

Social's are okay but I can't go very deep. They tend to stay closer to the surface.

Self-pres, I understand and can actually talk to well; but if they are too protective of their space, obviously the relationship cannot deepen.

Yup. Sx first is all magnetism. When two sx firsts meet and are attracted to each other, they connect so hard that it's hard to pull them apart.

When sx-first meets an sx-last, there might be something in common and a superficial friendship. Maybe even a little attraction at first. But stick an sx-first with an sx-last for a long amount of time and sooner or later they will start to repel each other. Like magnets that will never connect with each other no matter how hard you try to make them.

sx first and sx last will never see eye to eye. Their priorities are too different. Seems like sx first with sx last end up draining each other in their own ways and neither is satisfied at the end.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I get along best with Introverts regardless of type though I can get on pretty good with just about anyone. I have less patience however with Extroverts for some reason. It's like they are 'invading my space' is the only way to describe it. I can warm up quickly to Extroverts as long as the boundaries are set and respected.

Atomic Fiend

ESTJ- Um. Please leave me alone and stop telling me what to do!! haha. I don't mean to sound mean, but this type can be a little nerve racking to me.
A little?

Sometimes they can get so caught up in telling others what to do that you think they seriously have a problem, when it gets to the point where they start ordering you around for selfish intents it becomes unhealthy, but don't get me wrong it's always annoying. It's okay when dealing with them in a setting where you only have to see them for a limited amount of time, but when you see one every day, or worse, live with one :BangHead:

As for types I actually get along with, INFP's are quite easy to get along with, the one I knew was so, relaxed and calm, and very honest about his ideas, this surprised me. I didn't know to many people who could comfortably let someone else into there head, or more appropriately heart.

We spoke about burning bridges.

I had no problem burning a bridge, and still don't.

He said "If you have to burn a bridge, leave a boat so you can get off your Island."

ISTJs are fun, as they are quite different from there E counterparts.

An ISTP I once knew long ago was quite the martial artist, studying Capoeira, shoot fighting, wresting, and when I saw him last Brazilian Jujitsu. We used to play around a lot and he would pretend that I was competent enough to stand against him. I know he was just humoring me and my two years of early level American kenpo. He went off to join the Army. I hope nothing happened/happens to him.

Maybe I'll name others later.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFPs and INTPs are the two types I tend to get along with best irl. I enjoy the company of a lot of others. Particularly NPs.

Types I particularly don't seem to get on with irl: XSTJs, ENTJs, INFJs (which particularly surprises me, maybe I've just had bad luck). Hmm. A lot of Js there. Maybe I should cut back on my P.

BlackHawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think INFJs are pretty cool. I have 3 INFJ friends.
We get along fine.
I'm an INTJ, but i think it says that in my profile . . .

Atomic Fiend

INTJ's are great, I think they are the most thoughtful of the types, they're certainly the most polite.