• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] With which types do you get along the best?

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
I haven't been able to see any pattern in which types get along the best.

One exception thought - In more than one reply of NF it seemed that NF - ESTJ connection can be a difficult one.

I think for the most part, people who have N...really need another N to connect. I can force myself to "get along" with any type....well...not really female ESTJs...cause I just told one of my "friends" off for meddling in my personal business. But I think the "N" connection is so necessary for me...cause my SJ and SP pals...just don't get it. Too much shallow talk about recipes, mindless tv programs, coupons, etc....for me.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
That's odd (sorry slight tangent and I'm not an NF, hope these grevious transgressions are forgiveable). The ENFP I know can't stand the ISTJ I know..... odd because one is the shadow of the other.. I quite like ESFJs myself and ISFJs and ENTPs seem to get on fine.. Very odd..

Anyhow just thought I'd mention it.
Ever studied optics?
What in essence is the shadow?

Linda and John studied optics?
I do not think so.

The theory of Wittgenstein is obsolete?
Look at the numbers and the situation of the purple and the red.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
My best friend is ENFP, we've been friend for only one year but she's fun to be with

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have made many friends over the year and have been making over college.
However, my closest group of high school friends include
Guys: INTJ, ISTJ, ENTP, INFJ, ISFP, ENFP, INTJ
Gals: ENFP, ISFJ, INFJ, INFJ, ISTJ, ISFP, ISFJ

Wow. I just realized how few T's are actually in this group. I have made more T-ish friends in college though.

S

sammy

my closest friends are: INFP, ENTP, ENFP (clearly, I love the P's as friends)

Although, I get along great with all types as long as they are willing to meet me half-way so that I don't have to do all the work!

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Among all of my best friends, only my closest friend is an E. The others, don't ask - They're all I. I have 3 best friends, one is ENFP and the others are INFJ and ISFJ

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yup. Sx first is all magnetism. When two sx firsts meet and are attracted to each other, they connect so hard that it's hard to pull them apart.

OK i got a dumb question: What is the sx business?? What is ennegrams too?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
It would probably be easier for me to list types that I tend to not get along with, but I don't want to cause any kind of animosity. I guess I should mention that all my close friends that are girls tend to be ENFPs. Most of my guy friends are NTs.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom's boyfriend is an ENxP, and I get along with him quite well. He also appreciates my sense of humor.

My brother, I think, is an IxTP (leaning towards ISTP) and, while he and I hated each other growing up, we get a long quite well now.

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
I pretty much get along with everyone, but my three best friends are ESTP, ISFJ, and ESFP...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You know...maybe there's something to the ISTJ and INTP antipathy -- or rather one way antipathy on the part of ISTJs. Judging from RL observation, I think maybe ISTJ just cannotunderstand the INTP. I think they find INTP too unnecessarily serious or too much in their heads and neither practical nor social (or socially adept?) enough...

Is that your take?

I'm curious!

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Mainly NPs and STPs. A couple of IJs and maybe one or two EFJs.

ESFPs, ISFPs, ESTJs and ENTJs all have a tendency to annoy the hell out of me.

That is all.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know...maybe there's something to the ISTJ and INTP antipathy -- or rather one way antipathy on the part of ISTJs. Judging from RL observation, I think maybe ISTJ just cannotunderstand the INTP. I think they find INTP too unnecessarily serious or too much in their heads and neither practical nor social (or socially adept?) enough...

Is that your take?

I'm curious!

I don't mean to sound too harsh but from my experience ISTJs have a hard to understanding anyone but themselves anyways.

This is from http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ_per.html:
- Lack of interest in other people, or in relating to them
- Uses judgement to dismiss other's opinions and perspectives, before really understanding them (Which, to be fair, is a "downside" of INFJs who are too caught up in their vision.)
- May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault

Don't get me wrong, we all have equally bad downfalls, but I just thought this was mentionable.

Though I was hesitant in my earlier post, I'll go ahead and admit that ISTJs are the people I tend to have the hardest time getting along with. My guess would be our differences in interest when it comes to people, which is supported by the list above.

I also just wanted to point out that people should be careful not to shun someone based on their type. As useful as the MBTI is, it is not supposed to be used for discrimination. (I know most of you have heard this, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case!)

Myers-Briggs, XYZ Leadership and Team Roles by David M. Boje, Ph.D. gives a table that identifies the people we are most compatible and least compatible with; or at least in a work setting. You should check it out!

MerkW

INTPs and INTJs: I regard them equally. They are the types I get along with best. They are seemingly the only people whom I can interact with in a completely natural manner.

INFJ: Very mystical. At the same time, warm and usually quite bizarre. I enjoy the fact that they seem to have the most well-developed analytical abilities of all NFs.

ENTP: Very whimsical and light-hearted. I usually enjoy their company if they are not too high on the extroversion. Very extroverted ENTPs, however, generally come across as jerks.

ExTJ: I either enjoy their company or despise it, depending on the individual. There is something that appeals to me, though, about strong Te in a member of the opposite sex.

INFP: I relate to their Ne, and I usually appreciate them and empathize with their need to be individualistic. Regardless, I am occasionally irritated when they get too Fi.

ISTP: They are very mysterious, and I enjoy their solid mechanical and analytical abilities. I usually work relatively well with them (and sometimes I am even intrigued by them), but I have never really been a friend with one. Not quite sure why. It is probably the Se that turns me off.

ISFJ: Like the INFJ, they are usually kind, warm, quiet, and their analytical abilities are better than the average F. However, they lack the mystery of the INFJ. They are usually very boring, and I am occasionally repulsed by their sheep-like behavior.

ISTJ: They are ok, but they are usually too rigid, insipid, and unnecessarily aggressive for my taste.

ENFP, ISFP: Yes they are usually creative and fun (or whatnot), but their Fi often drives me off the deep-end

ExFJ: I am not quite sure where to put these people. I often have an extreme dislike for them, yet occasionally, I feel strangely attached to them. It goes up and down. Overall, though, they do not appeal.

ESxP: They really annoy me (though certain board members are an exception). They always come across as too hyper-active. Quite frequently, they have a tendency of touching me without my consent.

heart

heart on fire
I like ISFP and INTP for different reasons.

Seem to find myself in friendships with INFJ and INTJ a lot too.

Kite

MBTI Type
INFJ