• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] With which types do you get along the best?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm surprised you guys haven't been to that site before! :D It's a goldmine for team building.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
For me it's ENFPs and ENTPs (especially ENTPs <3)

Mr.Miagi

MBTI Type
INTP
Just my impressions, but...

The thing that annoys me most about INTPs is how they think that if a concept works in their intellectual sandbox then it's just as valid as an actual fact. This is most annoying, and probably the main point of conflict, in our religious flamewars. The concept of god works in their sandbox so god is a valid concept. That something works conceptually doesn't matter to me, all I care about is what is really real. Reality existed eons before the human mind came about and will exist long after we're all blasted back into stardust. I'm not advocating any kind of unthinking scientism, just that people check in with physical realty and maybe back up their ideas with some evidence before spouting off.

The INTP in it's 20ish male dork form, which I encounter often in the INTP IRC channel, is also quite annoying as they seem to think they're all geniuses. Because they're INTPs and Einstein was an INTP and there are all these glowing descriptions of INTPs on the web. In actuality they're a bunch of 20ish snot nosed brats who aren't old enough to know shit. Being a 20ish snot nosed brat myself I know I don't know shit.

Hey, listen... the fact that you so pathetically declare you 'don't know shit', is indicative of your overall stupidity. ISTJ, you're an embarrasment and disgrace to your personality type. You should be ashamed of yourself for humiliating you and your personality type on mbticentral. As regards to INTP's being the smartest type on the universe... sure, this is well documented and we're truly proud of that fact. The whole Einstein thing is just a bonus. And don't forget... David Keirsey was an INTP too. If it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have this forum in the first place! Thank the God that doesn't exist for INTP's! Just a pity we don't get all the credit. Thanks a lot INTJ's.

Personally, I find only the intellectual company of INTJ's worthy, and the occasional not to pushy ENTP/J. As regards to mating preference, I'd take any INFJ above any type.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFP, ISFP: Yes they are usually creative and fun (or whatnot), but their Fi often drives me off the deep-end

Hahha, this is interesting Merkw, could you elaborate?

Also, do you consider ENFP/ISFP mirror or similar types?

I found it interesting because before I looked into socionic 'intertype relations' I didn't know that ENFP and ISFP were supposed to get along so well. I actually thought we were really different and it was our mutual blind spots that created chemistry. Actually, part of the reason why I came to this forum was to learn more about this in/compatibility.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
I get along best with ENTPs, INFPs, INTPs, and ESFJs.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
OK my favorite types are:

ENTJ's: just awesome
ENTP's: good company
ENFP's: good people with an attitude. Me like.
INFP's: they're sweet and have a GREAT sense of humor
ESTP's: just fun!
ISFJ's: thank god these people exist

Paamu

MBTI Type
INFP
I get along very well with my bro and mom, both are INTP.
My childhood friend is ENTP, he is often very kind but he can turn selfish and cold!

Anyone who is INFP and get along well with other INFP?

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My two best friends are an ISTJ and an INFP. I'm way closer to the former and find her to be a way better friend than the latter. Come to think of it, the INFP is a pretty sucky friend for an extrovert: almost always hides herself, and NEVER initiates contact... and I mean NEVER.

I'm a HUGE fan of ENTJs (as long as they're not arrogant). The conversations are like opiates or crack or something.

INFJs are like nicotine. They're stimulating and relaxing. However, if you're a chronic INFJ-er (ie. you live with one), he/she might kill you in the end 'cause you suck at doing chores.

ESTPs and ENTPs are funny and fantastic friends and coworkers... but not as boy/girlfriends. I'd liken them to gin to a happy drunk.

That's all I've got. Oh, and I don't drink, smoke, snort, or... put opiates on my inside (what do you do with opiates? Eat them? Mmmmmmmm poppy seed muffin).

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
ENFJ: Meaningful conversations with her are always the most enriching. She is quite popular at school though, so I find it very difficult to be around her when she's surrounded by her passe. It's like when people talk to me I somehow bring out a different side to them. I only like my friends one on one because of that. Otherwise, her personality is the complete opposite of the type of people I'm most comfortable with.

My childhood bestie was an ESFP and before we drifted apart, I was surprised she felt she could be most herself around me. We still live across the road from each other though, and with regards to phoenix13's last post, I remember coming over on a saturday sometimes to help her with her chores! I never did mine though. She actually hits it off even better now with the ENFJ. They are both two of the most endearing people I've ever met.

ISFJ: This girl is compassionate, intelligent, and always loyal to the bitter end. I remember being bullied together...good times...
I can really relate to her in the sense that the majority of kids we were surrounded by never took anything seriously, and we both really cared beneath the cold exterior. *One of most trustworthy people I know.

Mmhmm, I'm very lucky to have found two people I *click* with so early on in life! :)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I definitely love INFJs, but I think it's a function of my desire to analyze, challenge, and clarify. I'm not sure. I'll discuss this more on my blog.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Two of my closest friends are an INTP and an ENTP... so definitely NTPs are brilliant! I click with them the way I rarely do with anyone else!

I also have two good friends which are ISTJs, so for some reason we seem to get along well, too. We compliment each other. :)

lastrailway

I'm not an NF, but I'm bored, so I'll answer.
I get very well along with my ENFP sister and fairly well with my xNFP sister.
An acquaintance that the later couple of weeks started to evolving in a more close friendship is very likely to be an ISTP. Another friend, I cannot decide if they are ESTJ or ENTJ, but as for lately I came to believe they're more likely to be ENTJ.
On the whole, I tend to get along far better with Ps than with Js and slightly better with Ts than Fs. I cannot decide between Ns and Ss regarding friendship, but it's quite more probable I'll like an SP guy than an NP.
Online, pretty much the same, better communication with Ps, and more likely to enjoy interaction with xNTPs than other types.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP
Most of my friends are of the NT/NF type, and surprisingly I don't seem to get along as well with INFPs as I do with the other NT/NF types, evebn though I'm an INFP myself.

I get along best with NT/NFs though.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
damn i wish i had a better sample size.

in general, i'll say i get along with N's more so than S's. SP's are fine but SJ's pretty much all drive me up the wall if it's anything more than general chit chat. they're great when they choose to let their hair down, but that's not an everyday occurrence.

my best friends in life happen to be these types: ISFP, ENFJ and ESFP. i don't know if it's necessarily a type thing though, it's just that they know me. fun loving bunch though (both according to MBTI and real life).

i get along with P types in general well too, though there needs to be a certain degree of maturity. by maturity i don't mean not watching cartoons or whatever, that's just being childlike. i do that too. what i mean is that they can't be selfish bastards that can't see beyond getting drunk or whatever.

for me to have a nice, deep convo with someone, they either need to know me quite well or probably be an N. i'm not trying to bag S's, it's just that N types are more interested in theory and such. XNTP's and i have great conversations.